Overall the experience at the Renaissance Hong Kong Harbour View is excellent. The rooms are very modern and clean, some with wood floors. Some have complained about the size of the desk (really?), but has has one (see pics). Carpeted hallways cut down on traffic noise. Great location in the heart of the city on Hong Kong Island in the Wan Chai district. It's very close to the Wan Chai subway stop (2-3 blocks away). Numerous restaurants, bars, shopping malls, etc within a 5 minute walk. Excellent views of Victoria Harbour from nearly any floor. And for the gold and platinum Marriott members, there are the usual Marriott Hotel rewards, but the club level evening cocktails and snacks are not to be missed; incredible views of the city during the setting sun is an incredible experience. Additionally, breakfast is full service at the club level. I cannot comment on the restaurant/bar in the lobby as I did not visit.
1. The fully modern rooms
2. The room views
3. The club level (if you are authorized access to this)
1. The price at nearly $300 USD per night can be steep, however you are in Hong Kong. Good luck finding any quality hotel in Hong Kong of similar price.
1. No ugly here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adjacent to the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, the hotel showcases panoramic Victoria Harbour view. It is less than 5 minutes by taxi to the central business district and major shopping areas, and is only a 10-minute walk to the Wanchai MTR subway station, while the iconic Star Ferry is just steps away, a perfect option for both business and leisure travellers. The hotel offers stylish guestrooms and a private club lounge, features diverse conference and banqueting facilities with a total area of 1,400 square metres, equipped with two LED walls and able to cater intimate to large-sized events. Our superb dining options range from authentic Cantonese cuisine, flavourful international buffet, to brand-new Mirage Bar & Restaurant with innovative cocktails and delectable western and Asian flair cuisine. An excellent range of recreational facilities are available, including a seasonal heated outdoor swimming pool and a 24-hour fitness centre for your enjoyment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Renaissance Hong Kong Harbour View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Hong Kong Harbour View Hotel