“Good value and tasty Thai food in Wanchai”

New Bangkok Restaurant
Ranked #680 of 8,973 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Neighborhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Neighborhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This restaurant is very conveniently located on the corner of Hennessy Road and Morrison Hill Road, about 20m from the tram stop.
We've eaten here several times over the last couple of years - usually when we've been visiting HK for the rugby sevens.
The food is always excellent and service is good. The value is superb.
The curried duck is excellent!

There are newer reviews for New Bangkok Restaurant

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Love this place!
Very casual dining here, but the food is great. I love that they are consistent - I've been coming here for years and their food tastes as good as the first time I visited. They do a great stir-fry morning glory and their clay oven fish and baked/steamed fish are all very good.

Cost was about $250 for two with two rice dishes, a vegetable dish and half a dozen satays with coconut drinks. Pretty stuffed when we left. Good value for money.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Having lived a block away (Lockhard Rd), in a studio without kitchen, meant we took out food here several times a week. As a big fan of Thai food, I loved this place.

The service is nothing extraordinary, though the people are very friendly, the food is just amazingly tasty, and it get's even better when you get the bill.

My personal favourites, the minced chicken with chili and basil, Pad Thai, soups, Morning Glory, chicken satay, Chicken/cashew....

Quality/price-level is something you won't find in Europe.

For the record, I gave this a '$' instead a '$$'... Because these prices were like fastfood prices.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

My friends & I (British expats living in HK) eat here without fail once a week & have done for over 5yrs!!
It's cheap & excellent - food is perfect for sharing, the menu is extensive, food is fresh & continuously delicious!
The restaurant itself is nothing to scream about, standard Asian seating/ atmosphere (loud & brash), service is sometimes a bit rude but who cares, here is all about the food!
I enjoy taking guests here, it's a true slice of Asia!
They also do take away.
Best Thai food in HK without a doubt...even if the waitress does spill thai curry on you as she abruptly bangs the dish on the table!!

1  Thank Horton-Clarke
Reviewed August 20, 2012

this restaurant moved location from causeway bay to tsim sha tsui, on the 2/F of prat ave. everything I ordered are come with delicious taste, reasonable price. the only thing about this restaurant is the waitress told me she is new, seems she doesnt really know about the menu.