“If you're going alone be careful”

New Chung King Mansion Hostel
Ranked #111 of 159 Specialty Lodging in Hong Kong
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was sexually assaulted by one of the doormen. His name is Zoheb he is from India and he is a bad man. Please be careful if you are alone. Other than that my experience was good, the rooms are good, it's quiet and clean. I made my trip from China I had a good time.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank Samantha R
There are newer reviews for New Chung King Mansion Hostel

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed at the New Chung King Mansion in 2012, we had a room with 1 double bed.
The room was incredibly small but was clean, the main downside was the lift which took ages. The location is great, very central and we couldn't argue with the price, very reasonable.
The staff were friendly too.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank SurfinBird1981
Reviewed April 26, 2013

As a 45 yr old backpacking with my son this was prob the smallest accomodation we stayed in and least luxurious, however lovely people and had a whale of a time, not going to say as an oldie that I missed all the nice things of a 4/5* hotel but I had the time of my life and it was a great experience...just wish the blokes at the airport would realise that a 40 yr old western woman doesn't need help, next time a smack in the gob may help!

Room Tip: Maybe book accomodation before u travel, however this really is the hub of backpackiners, glad I did...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Melanie R
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I hated Chung King Mansion and all the pushy people in it. Location was perfect, but other than that...yuck. The elevators are always packed. When I had to leave for an early flight the elevators weren't even working and I carried my luggage down 7 floors in the fire escape stairwell to find that each floors door was blocked and I became trapped. I had to carry my belongings up to the 9th floor and across the whole complex to finally exit. Never again. I left itchy and pissed off.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank KKwebster4
Reviewed March 13, 2013

It is an unique feeling seeing all those different cultures to bound together in the same place. The place is full with youth and other kind of bag packers. The room was clean, I was lucky enough to have a window with a view on the Main Street which made me enjoy Hong Kong life day and night. The beds are very comfortable and the staff attend all our needs.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Samuel B
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I had read up on Hong Kong on a budget before I left the states, well here it is. I am happy to have had the experience, however you may want to take into consideration your individual circumstance before you make your choice. This is a Third world type of accommodation, Yes it is a clean room and adequate bed, you will save money, you will be forever blessed with the memory of entering the Chung King Mansion. Upon arrival, you will be greeted by multitudes of touts selling everything from cheap rooms to suits and watches. People will even steer you to curry restaurants on commission. Once you spend a night in "THE MANSION" you have earned your "TRAVELERS WINGS"

Room Tip: Make sure your specify a room with a window!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jt08080
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The hotel has a good location, but very small rooms. From the airport to the hotel by bus A21, it stops at 14 Nathan Road - get off here and walk about 50 meters back. At the hotel on the ground floor is a lot of traders, not a good feeling, but do not bother and it's all safe.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family