“Definitely not a 3 stars hotel”
Review of Harbour Hotel

Harbour Hotel
Ranked #472 of 725 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed March 14, 2013

It had good location 5 mins walk to langham place and Nathan rd. The receptionist was helpful. Those was the only good things about this hotel. We paid $95. Our room was at the end of the corridor, the room was so small u couldn't fit the long side of the bed. The bed was against 2 huge windows and the feet of the bed was towards the door. Terrible fengshui if youre into that. The room door made a terrible sound when opened, no sound prove. I couldnt sleep all night, had a creepy feeling. The bathroom floor had tiles missing, and one towel had a hole. The wifi was on and off, we gave up in the end. The breakfast choice was either ham on toast or congee with a banana and boiled egg. Don't even open the window, u don't wanna know what's outside the windows. Next to our room was the washing room, it had mouldy black walls and smelled. I would never hang my clothes there. The airport express only go to Tsim sha tsui so u have to catch a taxi. Taxi from the hotel to kowloon station cost $40 hk. Don't stay here if you're expecting a 3 star hotel!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Vicky P

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Decent budget accommodation is pretty hard to find in Hong Kong so I wasn't expecting too much from this place but it was actually rather good. Yes, the room was tiny (luckily I was staying by myself; despite the bed being a double I don't think two people could have stayed in that room!) but it was clean, had a decent internet connection and, best of all, was in a great location - Mong Kok MTR is 5 minutes walk away and Mong Kok itself is a great area with lots of shops, restaurants etc. The reception desk was friendly and very helpful, too. I would definitely stay here again if I was in Hong Kong for 1 or 2 days - it's tiny and basic but the price and location make up for that.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

It was our first time in HKG and finding a place to stay is really a tough one esp. if you have a budget to consider.. Since the hotel cost is very economical we really don't expect that much but maybe that's a good thing (the least we expect, better the result!). And yes believe all the reviews posted, the room is very small indeed! It was just good enough for us but I don't have any complains for that but if you're a picky-type of guest then this hotel is not for you. But for those normal travellers, who love to explore the city, the foods, etc.. and only looking for a comfortable place to sleep after a long day of non-stop walking then
I highly recommend this one!

Staff: they are all friendly and helpful.. and thanks God they can speak & understand English :D
Location: perfect for every place you want to go.. it was actually 5-7mins walking to Mongkok MTR Station. The nearest shopping mall is Langham Place. This area has many curb-side "food-booths", traditional snacks & fingerfood popular in Hong Kong. For more other details about Mong Kok area you may check-out this link: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mong_Kok
Room: like I said, small but comfortable to sleep/stay for short period of time. The toilet is also small but clean & organize, with 4 towels included and toiletries like toothbrush/paste, tissues, shampoo (forgot the other stuff but they provided the basic things needed). It also has a hot & cold shower. The only thing I'm unhappy about is it doesn't have a toilet sprinkler :( TV channels mostly their local channels.. of course, what am I thinking?! Only Chinese people can understand, lol
Breakfast: all I can say is, if you have enough money just go out and find a better place to have your breakfast... McDo is much better! :P

Overall, it wasn't a waste of money to stay in. If by chance, we can go back again in Hong Kong, we will definitely book again our room in this hotel =)

2  Thank Grabyourforkdxb
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I've visited Hong Kong many times and know that most of the hotels have the tiny room. I've stayed in tiny hostels, regular hotels and also luxury hotels when I've visited there. But this hotel give me the worst experience about the cleanliness. Even the cheaper tiny hotels I've visit was better for the cleanliness. I've known before the check-in that the room will be very tiny but the quality of the cleanliness was not I've expected for the one which was 2.5-3 star hotel.

After I've checked in, everything seem OK to me. But when I've taken a bath on the first day, I've found dirty hairs in the fold towel. This made me very mad about the cleanliness, but luckily that I've travel alone this time and there are two towels, so I just use another one. Some of the tiny bath floor tiles were missing and the edges are sharp, I've to avoid that so my feet was not cut. (Sorry there is no picture for the dirty towel, I've forgot to take the picture)

I've also found that the bed is not one mattress. It was 2 mattresses using 1 bed sheet cover them. It will be better if I've got the less wider bed with 1 mattress and more space for may suitcase or my sitting area.

I feel it cold enough so I did not use the air conditioner for the first night at all. (I've stayed there between 7-10 Dec 2012). But the second night I opened the air-conditioner and found that it was very dirty (as in the picture). After that I've check around the room and it was very dirty on the back of the cabinet as in the picture.

I've told the staff on the next morning and he told me back very politely that the maid will clean up the room. But after I've back (very late) on the third night, it was the same. But this was the last night I've stayed there, so I've just keep the information for the others how dirty this hotel was.

The free breakfast was acceptable, but it was not the buffet. If you expected that, you may disappoint. You should not expect the standard quality breakfast for the low price hotel with free breakfast at all. But the free breakfast save your time to find the restaurants.

If I can change, I prefer the cheaper hostel I've stayed or more expensive hotel.
The only good thing is the location. The hotel is not far from the MTR and bus stops. And it is in the tool shops area which not much bad smell from the food.

NOT recommend at all.

Room Tip: There are many delicious restaurants around Mongkok area. You may find it better if there is any opt...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank AlkaizerTH
Reviewed January 1, 2013

As the title says, the rooms have the size of a shoebox, but nevertheless I enjoyed my stay there. There is so much to see, and if you are using the rooms for sleeping only it is just fine.
I suppose you could not complain, considering that it is a really cheap accomodation.
The breakfast (included) is rather basic, but not too bad.
I have to emphasize the friendliness and competence of the personnel, their English is really good and they do everything to help you.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Pros:
-room not as small as I thought it would be after reading the reviews. Still quite a bit of space to walk, just that putting 2 luggages would be a problem. 1 luggage is perfect.
-basic amenities like hair dryer etc all given
-good location near shopping places in Mongkok
-perfect wifi

Cons
-shower is clogged up. Takes eons to drain away the water. I always step out of the cubicle leaving a swimming pool. Next person to bathe has to wait 30m for it to drain fully.
-double bed=2 single beds joint together. This is the most annoying thing. Because of the hard edges in the middle of the bed makes its to uncomfortable
-as if its not enough, the bed is beyond HARD. Using the goldilocks and the 3 bears analogy, I think it's papa bear's kind of bed.
-no fridge

Other comments
-only 6 tv channels
-reception doesn't bother to greet you when you arrive (maybe only a few, I met some that nods and acknowledges your presence)

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank theonecookiee
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The room is cramped(but I have expected this reading from their website).The lobby people are happy to assist you in your queries but don't expect them to give a hand re luggage or hailing cab.Breakfast served isn't amazing & their water heater seems to have problem(it's ether too hot or cold-you just can't find the right temp).their bathroom though is really nice esp the sink.forget about the view from your window.not a single english channel on tv as well...if you request to have your room made up,instruct specifically for linen change as they won't do that out of initiative. the location though is a mere 3 to 5-min walk from mong kok mtr station&langham place

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family