“We love everything about this restaurant. Great food! Professional Service.”
Review of Jashan

Jashan
Ranked #618 of 9,957 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central
Description: Recognized as the best Indian restaurant in Hong Kong, Jashan went under a major facelift. Reopening its doors on December 5, 2011, Jashan is offering a brand new look with a menu that is set to impress. Located conveniently in Central on Hollywood Road, Jashan is now opened, serving up creative curries and sumptuous kebabs. Offering all the great Indian classics, you can now experience it all in the heart of Hong Kong. The world innovative menu is designed by Chef Asif. Hailing from the beautiful hillstations of Kodaikanal, Chef Asif has trained with the best under the five-star Taj group. He has worked in establishments such as The Park Hyderabad in India. Like his father who has mastered the art of Indian cuisine, this second generation chef has focused his heart in the fusion of contemporary Indian.After completing school in Delhi in 2003, he joined the Taj Palace and had the experience of serving high profile guests. He then joined a contemporary Indian fine dining restaurant in Dubai before coming to Hong Kong. Jashan serves a sumptuous lunch buffet daily, incorporating some of the restaurant’s favorite dishes. Pop by for an afternoon High Tea Set, offered for the very first time in Hong Kong. The lights get dim for dinner time and out come the romantic candles.Seating up to 75 guests, Jashan’s menu includes classic curries such as Chicken Tikka Masala and Chef Asif’s innovation such as Bagare Baingan,baby aubergines cooked in nutty Indian gravy, and the Patte ki Macchi, seared pomfret fillet wrapped in banana leaf that keeps guests coming back for more.
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Found this restaurant by accident by walking along Hollywood Rd cause we could not get a taxi. We saw the signboard down stair for an Indian Buffet Lunch. The moment we stepped into the lift was the beginning of our great experience. We were greeted by a friendly hostess and usher us to the table. The servers and the supervisor / manager were always so friendly and helpful. The table settings are elegant, the ambiance and the music is perfect. I felt very comfortable in this place.

As for the food, there were 6-8 hot dishes of curry's and masalas. 5-6 appetizer, some salads and dessert. They will serve you 2 types complimentary breads and drinks are included in the buffet. All these for the price of HK$260 for two people.

My husband and I love Indian food and we always thought that Indian people are always hospitable and nice but this restaurant tops it all. The food here is very nice but what makes it very special are the staff here. I saw the chef topping up the food and they are looking clean and neat in their white uniforms. Plus you can peak in to their kitchen and you can see that they have a well organized and clean kitchen area.

I will go back to this restaurant again if I'm in the area. The only request that I have is for them to provide a high chair for babies. Cause I saw there are few children there and it will be easier to feed a child in high chair.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We had dinner a la carte here. The food is a bit below my expectation. The appetiser Bombay Tawa Chicken which was one of the chefs does not fit my taste buds. It's chicken breast fillet and texture no good. About the main dish Prawn Balchao which was also recommended by the server, the prawns are not the freshest. Overall, food so so, a bit disappointing to us.

I love the ambiance though. We sat in booth by windows. Diners are nearly all expats so that we can speak Cantonese freely without concern of being overheard. Decor good. I like the floor tiles in the lift area.

Servers speak English only and service so so. Price not expensive.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Wow what a restaurant, superb food, classy ambience, excellent service, Wow I must admit the best indian restaurant in Hong Kong. It was expensive but great things doesnot come for cheap.
The manager was courteous and offered complimentary snacks and also gave 70 ml of scotch instead of 60.
Please do not miss having a dinner or lunch on your stay in Hongkong.

1  Thank NikhilKothari2
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This has to be the best Indian restaurant in Hong Kong, and one of the best I have ever been to. Don't be put off by the narrow entrance and small lift, as the restaurant has a nice and discreet decor, very welcoming. service was very good, and the food just perfect. Now I can't wait to go back to Hong Kong to eat here again.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We ate ate here our last night in Hong Kong and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Our waiter gave us some good recommendations and the overall service was excellent.