“Nothing Special”

Ranked #799 of 13,053 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Neighborhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Neighborhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

The overall rating of 4 stars isn’t accurate. The food was ‘ok’. I had the trio of meats (Roast Goose, Roast Pork and BBQ Pork). The BBQ Pork wasn’t great and I don’t recommend it. The other two were pretty good. I won’t go back.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed February 17, 2019

Food acceptable as a cha chaan tang but service was bad. Staff was impersonal and impatient. Food was not served on time. Half the orders was not served despite reminders and we are not the only table affected. Customers arriving later was served first. Will not visit this place again if I have to.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 27, 2019 via mobile

Quite large, noisy, full of locals, we were the only Westerners in here. Had the Roast Pork and Goose which was perfectly cooked and served on a bed of rice, then Sichuan Chicken, Ned/hot and dripping in flavour. I ordered a QingDao Beer which arrived at room temperature and thankful that its winter at present, however, went down really well!
Ambience is in the noisy clientele and the bustling staff, just loved the whole experience. Sichuan Chicken is the best meal we have had in Hong Kong!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 27, 2019 via mobile

This roasted (BBQ) meats restaurant is listed on the Michelin guide to Wan Chai eateries. It says that the food is capably prepared and it is incredibly inexpensive HK$20-60, a la carte. Well, the truth it is!

I had the roast pork with a bowl of noodles soup. The pork was roasted perfectly, and the soup was delicious.

My dinner plus a cup of green tea cost HK$68...A BARGAIN!!

Date of visit: January 2019
2  Thank reginafug
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Although the food was very nice, I have now been paying for it. There was no problem with the chicken dish my friend had as she is well. The beef on the other hand has caused problems. I have not been able to stray too far from a bathroom and the Imodium appears to having little effect. I would not recommend dining here unless you have a strong constitution

Date of visit: August 2018