“Amazing staff.and great food and drinks”

Buenos Aires Polo Club
Reserve a Table
Ranked #127 of 13,474 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Neighborhood: Central
Description: Buenos Aires Polo Club is a handsome Argentine steakhouse inspired by the South American country's penchant for the distinguished sport and dynamic grilling culture. A comprehensive menu of premium meats, Argentine wines and expertly crafted cocktails complement the masculine dining room, while equestrian accents, sporting memorabilia and an unparalleled steak knife collection lend a familiar touch reminiscent of a time-honoured country club. Buenos Aires Polo Club is inspired by the stateliness of the city's affluent Recoleta neighbourhood.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Came here with my friend for some drinks and food at the bar and was most definitely pleased with the quality of not only the drinks and food but definitely the staff. We were served by Camila and Agustin and they were knowledgeable not only in the products being served in the establishment itself and the Black Sheep group but also that of the Argentinan culture and why/how the food sets itself apart from the other uncultured but simply upscale restaurants in Hong Kong.

We couldn't have been happier with the service and was even suprised with a box of Argentinan caramel biscuits that I had enjoyed while dining and I really appreciated the thought and thinking ahead. Will most definitely be coming back thanks to Camila and Agustin

Date of visit: June 2019
BlackSheepRest, Manager at Buenos Aires Polo Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear MannyCharmer,

Thank you for your detailed feedback.

We are thankful to hear Camila and Augustin looked after you!

We hope to welcome you back soon to try our Malviscous next time.

Reviewed June 10, 2019

I have been there during last week-end with two friends. it is an amazing place. one of the best in Hong Kong. Service is fantastic on top of food that is a real mix between South America an Italian fusion. Fully recommended guys! Enjoy BA Polo Club. David Causi

1  Thank davidcausi

Dear davidcausi,

Thank you for your review.

We are happy to hear you have been well looked after at Buenos Aires Polo Club.

We are looking forward to having you back to join us!

Reviewed June 6, 2019 via mobile

The dinner started with a warm welcome from the staff and a welcome drink. Just entering the main room you can feel the atmosphere of a classy and vibrant restaurant where the music is perfectly integrated with the lights and the guest diposition.

The food is incredibly delicious, starting from the appetiser to an awesome streak of excellent Argentina beef.

Lot of types of whiskey for closing the evening after having eaten a baked pineapple dessert with ice-cream sbd pistacchio.

10/10 for everything.

Thanks to the manager Lucas, for his kindness and professionality!

2  Thank Y2747PUstefanom

Dear Y2747PUstefanom,

Thank you for comments.

We are pleased to hear about your experience with us. The Pineapple dessert is a favourite!

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed May 20, 2019 via mobile

What can I say about BAPC? The first time I came across with Polo Club was on a Thursday Rock night back in SEP17. A visiting friend told me about this cool bar on the 7th floor with nice deco, outstanding bar and of course: Rock and Roll... Quite a different concept if you’re hanging out around LKF tower on a Thursday, which by the way, is an excellent location. I then decided to visit again cause I had only had one beer that night. The second time I had more time to stay and I decided to really try the bar (not with a beer). It must have been “Mi Gran Cigarro” or perhaps “Palomino”, two of the cocktails you can find in their bar menu. It doesn’t really matter, I immediately loved the way they made my drinks: a mix of professionalism and fanciness with a very good outcome. Since then me and my friends’ favourite bar in town became BAPC. Another friend had also discovered it and we happened to agree on our BAU spot for drinks (it was our first year in Hong Kong and we were trying to find the best bar in town). We then became part of the family. We found a place where we could spend a good time having a nice convo with great cocktails and staff that knows how to make you have a good time: either with a shot of Fernet Branca or by interacting with our group (the 4 of us were expats so this was very important for us). Our friend had to leave HK in 2018 Q2 so we decided to had a farewell with Argentinian steak. I think it was T-bone what we had that day. We loved it as well as the side dishes, my favs being mashed potatoes and spinach. Since then BAPC became a regular spot for me to hang out with friends and sometimes even by myself. I don’t think it twice if I have some time in this busy life in HK and I swing by and enjoy the company of the staff which really makes me feel I’m home. After more than 2 years away from your hometown, you kind of feel homesick, right? Family is irreplaceable but there are good ways of finding people who can make you feel you’re loved. I can tell it’s my 2nd home in HK. So my advice is don’t think it twice and try BAPC, whatever you go for: casual drinks with friends, by yourself, dinner, brunch (love the omelette). I know you’ll feel home as I do...

Date of visit: May 2019
2  Thank pablo_sol888
BlackSheepRest, Manager at Buenos Aires Polo Club, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2019

Dear pablo_sol888,

Thank you so much for your detailed review and kind words – it was a pleasure to read how passionate you are about us.

We really appreciate the support you have given us since the beginning!

Looking forward to seeing you soon at your second home.

Joennee

Reviewed May 20, 2019

The venue feels like a private members club with its polo memorabilia and wooden paneling on the walls and ceiling.

I was impressed at the friendly greeting and indeed all the staff were highly professional. Food was great. Excellent Angus beef. Nice buzzy atmosphere and quite busy.

The brunch and alcohol pairing is an excellent deal, Special thanks to Lucas the Manager of BAPC for looking after us and taking the time to chat even though he was clearly busy.

I look forward to a return visit the next time I am in HK

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank iansee

Dear iansee,

Thank you for the kind comments.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the Weekend Brunch and will definitely pass on your comments to the rest of the team! The Angus Steak is a fan favourite.

Looking forward to having you back when you are in town next.

Joennee