“Best hotel”
Review of Ovolo Noho

Ovolo Noho
Ranked #31 of 723 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Best hotel I have never book good place nice people everything is okay. If you want something gys are here to help you.

Ipad tv mini bar amazing!

Location near Lan Kwai fong If you need to buy something you have subway 2 min of walk.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gigi T, Manager at Ovolo Noho, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear vaykit,

Many thanks for your feedback and I am personally glad to see you enjoyed your time with us.
We hope to see you back again in the very near future!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Although the rooms are very small this is a great hotel. Everything you need, very friendly service and a great location.overall a a great experience. Each room has an apple TV and you can connect your iPhone/iPad, Free Wi-Fi and a free mini bar

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sharkie78,

Thank you for your great endorsement of our hotel! It is great to have such a positive feedback and our team are delighted to hear everything went so well.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights and were not desappointed. Friendly and helpful staff. Wonderful breakfast, plenty of it, the coffee is amazing. The hotel is very central, near train stations and buses. Confortable bed with very nice duvet and pillows, bed linen all nice cotton, very clean room and bathroom, beautifuly decorated. I just love this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Gigi T, Manager at Ovolo Noho, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear mashirlaw,

Thank you very much for your very positive review about us here at Ovolo 286 Queens' Road. We are delighted to see everything for your stays went so well. It will be great to have you back again with us soon. Should you need any assistance, please let me know direct on gigitse@ovologroup.com.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Getting there - Take the Airport Express from the airport to Hong Kong Station (easy). Follow the signs for the free shuttle bus. There are 4 different buses. If you say you are going to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel (H1 - western district) the lady will direct you to the correct shuttle bus or direct you to some seats to wait. The Holiday Inn is the first, stop 8.
When you get off the shuttle bus at the Holiday Inn, look south, uphill, for a Macdonalds Sign. Cross the road and walk up the steps to MacDonalds (less than 100 paces). Turn left and the hotel is across the road next to Café O (40 paces).
Reception is on the 2nd floor. Free laundry and gym on 3rd floor. Very good free Ovolo map of Hong Kong in reception.
The hotel is fantastic. Modern, full of style, and brilliant staff. If we owned a hotel this would be it.

Around Hong Kong - We can recommend the tramway up to the Peak - great views. We also went to Cheung Chau Island on the ferry. Good day out.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear garryblower,

Many thanks for your lovely compliments and positive review of our hotel. My team and I are very happy to see you had a great time with us and hopefully we will see you very soon again.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I picked this hotel on my trip to Hong Kong based on other people's reviews and I was not disappointed. I stayed here six nights. I knew by other reviews that the rooms were going to be small. Even so, they were smaller than I expected. But it was all I needed. The room and bathroom were very clean. The loot bag filled with candy and cookies adds a nice touch when you arrive. The free mini-bar with 2 beers, 2 Cokes, 2 fruit juices, 4 small bottles of water were a great selling point. And they refill daily what you drink the day before. You also had a hot pot to make tea or coffee in your room. The complementary shampoo, conditioner, body cream, all these little touches make this hotel a great place to stay. Especially the complementary toothbrush and toothpaste since I forgot to pack mine for the trip. I also liked that they have slippers for you to use so you don't have to step on the cold floor. Hot water is not a problem. The shower worked great. AC also worked just fine and it was quiet enough not to be bothersome at night. TV had good reception and even the remote looked clean! The room had a plug adapter for my mobile devices/cameras which was great because since I brought my own, it meant I could now charge two things at the same time. Heck, since I arrived on Oct. 31, which is Halloween, they even had two complimentary masks in the room! The staff were always friendly, and gladly answered any questions I had. Safety was never a concern. You must use the room card key in order to make the elevators work. And they have a security guy at night, who was also always friendly to me. Its only 4 blocks from the Sheung Wan metro station. To me there were only two minor problems. The free Wi-Fi in my room on the 15th floor worked but it was very slow, especially if I was trying to upload a picture to send as a text message to my friends back in the US. If you went down to the lobby - which is on the second floor- then it was much faster. The other minor thing was the breakfast. It consisted mostly of bread slices with butter and jam, yogurts, slices of ham and cheese, muffins, apple and orange juice, coffee and tea. It was good and fresh, but they could use some variety, even if its only to use different cheeses and different cold cuts every once in a while. But I still took advantage of the free breakfast almost everyday. Oh, I forgot to mention they have Apple TV and a DVD player, and also a safe in each room. I would gladly stay here again in a heart beat!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Lou M
Gigi T, Manager at Ovolo Noho, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Gulliver658,

On behalf of the team here I would like to thank you for writing such a thorough in-depth and positive review and story of your time with us at Ovolo 286 Queen's Road. It was an absolute pleasure reading through your experience with us and noting all the little aspects that made your stay memorable. You appear to have had the fullest Ovolo experience possible and we sincerely appreciate the praise you gave our team.

We hope you can stay with us again and again. Thank you.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were a couple traveling to Hong Kong for almost a week. The service was excellent throughout our stay at Ovolo 286. The location is very central but we were on a high floor so noise wasn't ever an issue. The rooms are small compared to other cities, but for this price in Hong Kong the size seemed reasonable. Everything was very clean and the rooms made an efficient use of the full space. The wifi was pretty fast and the tv options were good too. The free drinks and snacks at Happy Hour every evening were a nice treat, and the continental breakfast was better than most. The front desk was always cheerful and helped with advice on how to travel around the island. Overall a great place to stay and comparatively good value.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Gigi T, Manager at Ovolo Noho, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear Chris and Mateya,

Thank you for posting a 5-star review of your Ovolo experience on tripadvisor. We are glad that overall you enjoyed our hotel. Please know that the front desk team was delighted when I shared your compliments with them. We hope to host you in HK again soon!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed for just over one week in October. We found the location great; easy walk to MTR and also bars and restaurants in So Ho. The free tea and coffee and snacks in the bar/breakfast area were a bonus as was the free happy hour (although we only managed to make it once due to our busy schedule) The rooms were small - this is to be expected in HK but were spotlessly clean. My only problem was the lighting in the bathroom. The bright lights were in the shower recess and the dull lights were over the vanity making it hard to apply make up etc.
Staff were very obliging and happy to phone and make reservations in restaurants for us on several occasions. The free laundry was fabulous. One lady I spoke to said "more hotels should be like this! The laundry is being done while eating breakfast."
Cafe O is also worth a visit.

Room Tip: Higher floors are probably less likely to have traffic noise. We were on the 23rd floor.