“Such an awesome stay”

Ranked #34 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Such an awesome stay”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my 3 night stay at this modern little gem. The rooms were small but the space was well and cleverly utilized, the breakfast was perfect for me - fresh fruit, coffee, teas, yoghurt, cereal, cheese and bread. Included in the price were all drinks alcoholic and non, a loot bag, breakfast and happy hour (snacks and drinks). The staff was helpful and efficient and there were many little touches that just go a long way, which most hotels overlook (they offer toothbrushes shavers and combs for the forgetful travelers). The central location made getting around town extremely easy. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Gigi T, Manager at Ovolo Noho, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Daniela G,

Thank you for your great endorsement of our hotel! It is great to have such a positive feedback and our team are delighted to hear everything went so well.

On your next visit to Hong Kong, please feel free to let us know on gigitse@ovologroup.com and my team & I will be honoured to look after your arrangements.

Ovolo 286 Queen's Road

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

First time in hong kong and this hotel Surprise me. I use to work in hotels and i am very criterions in rating. They are modern, their rooms have apple tv so good. Rooms are small but this is not a problem they treat you very well. Love the place i recommend. The happy hours is great too.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Roberta20122012
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel would have easily gotten 5 starts from me, if only they would clean! Going barefoot in my room was a big mistake. My feet were covered in dirt. It's obvious they don't clean the bathroom amenities or under them (I was afraid to look). They were covered in water/soap stains. The common area floor was always filthy as well. The good news is the rest of the staff is excellent. Very kind and helpful although they often fell behind when replenishing the refreshments during cocktail hour. Guests were constantly asking for refills on everything from wine to plates. It they could improve on these issues it would be a fantastic hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank jmviens
Gigi T, Manager at Ovolo Noho, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Ms. Viens,

Thank you for your contructive feedback about your recent stay with us. It is always good to know what areas we can improve on.

Please accept my apologies for the cleanliness of the room. To re-assure you, appropriate training has been conducted for our Room Attendant to enhance their skills and service standard. We are grateful to you for taking the time to share with us your comments.

Should you have any new plans for re-visiting Hong Kong, please feel free to email myself direct on gigitse@ovologroup.com
Cowdenbeath
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Needing one nights accommodation to break up the journey to New Zealand we happened across this gem of a hotel. It was a very reasonable price and the free breakfast, Wi-Fi, snacks and happy hour (6pm - 8pm) ticked the boxes for me.
I had read previous reviews in T.A. so I knew that it was going to be small and small it was. However it was cleverly designed and spotlessly clean and fine for one nights stay, although perhaps too small for longer stays. It is located a short taxi ride from the express airport rail link so it was ideal for a short stop over.
Staff were polite, helpful and very friendly.
The happy hour was a self service affair with whisky, vodka, gin, Bacardi wine and beer together with some snacks such as cheese and biscuits.
Overall very impressed with the establishment, small granted, but if like us only staying for one night great value or money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Parfantastic
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2013

The Pluses
Prompt morning calls, free in-room minibar, free breakfasts and a daily happy hour with plenty of free alkie to go around. A welcome pack of snacks and the "help yourself to free toiletries and drawstring pouch to hold all your groceries and goodies" is a very nice touch.

The service is immaculate. Got out of bed late over the weekend and the staff thoughtully asked us what we'll like and made special arrangements to bring us our brekkie. Two thumbs up of course.

Well designed rooms with built in night light settings that you are able to customise to a level you are comfortable with.

The Minuses (very minor ones)
Rooms are small, but rather thoughtfully laid out. Spaces are very well optimised and was a little hard to find room for 2 luggages.

A small frontage and discrete signage made the search for the hotel a lil difficult to find the first time round.

Although located near the Sheung Wan MTR station (about 3 to 5mins walk away) and the bottom of Hollywood Road, Sheung Wan is not the most interesting area to be in to be very frank.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tanbernard
Gigi T, Manager at Ovolo Noho, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Mr. Tan,

Many thanks for your very positive review. It is always great to see how we are doing and what is important to our guests. We hope to see you back again with us soon.

Gladstone, Australia
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This was our first time in Honkers, I found the hotel via tripadvisor, and the reviews were spot on. Great modern rooms, great staff, clean, tidy, free mini bar (with plenty of water) and the happy hours were awesome. Serve yourself beer, wine and spirits for two hours each night, what's not to like?
The friendly staff gave my wife some well heeded advice on where to shop, and we felt very much at home. The location was great, felt completely safe walking to the MTR station, at all hours.
Ovolo, don't alter a thing! Thanks for your service, we are already planning a return visit!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Gigi T, Manager at Ovolo Noho, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Tim M,

It was great to get to know you and your wife during your visits to Hong Kong. Thank you so much for your terrific review and I have shared it with our team here.
We look forward to seeing you back again with us in hopefully the very near future. Please feel free to email me direct at gigitse@ovologroup.com to help with any arrangements you may need.

Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This was my first trip to Hong Kong I and stayed at the Ovolo for a couple of nights. Great location, easy to walk to the ferry terminals, Soho neighbourhood or the Peak Tram and the fabulous views of Victoria Peak. The Ovolo is a modern funky hotel with helpful friendly staff. The 2 hour happy hour each evening with free food and drink is definitely a bonus!

They have free wifi both in the hotel and out and about in the city you can use. I had a problem with my phone while I was there and they were great lending me their iPad so I could catch up on my emails. The room was small but as a solo traveller this was no problem for me. It was really well set up though with everything you need. I found the free backpack bag supplied a useful extra too.

The only small gripe I have is that a couple the spots on the floor had something spilled on them and this was not cleaned up while I was there, so had to do it myself. The floors and ledge around the bed need to be cleaned better. Other than that it was a great place to stay and I would definitely recommend the Ovolo.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Gigi T, Manager at Ovolo Noho, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Marie D,

Many thanks for your positive and constructive review. We value our guests’ feedback and please accept my apologies for cleanliness of the room.

We have taken big steps to improve such through difference training. We hope that we will see you again with us. Please feel free to contact myself direct on gigitse@ovologroup.com.

Gigi Tse,