“Great staff, great location.”
Review of Ovolo Noho

Ovolo Noho
Ranked #36 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Hong Kong, China
“Great staff, great location.”
Reviewed April 20, 2011

The staff here was wonderful -- they helped with everything and never hesitated to try to take care of unusual requests (change of pillows, extra towels, etc.). I cannot recommend them highly enough. I enjoyed my stay tremendously. Having the O Cafe next door was great, and the free paper and fruit in the morning was wonderful. Great free wireless. The only downside is that the windows do not open and that there is not a gym on site.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank bigcitykid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed March 29, 2011

I stayed here for 6 weeks after moving to Hong Kong and thought it was the perfect place to stay. I had looked at probably all the serviced apartments available and this is definintely the best value option in this price bracket.
The staff were very helpful helping me acquaint myself with Hong Kong, and when I left stored my luggage for me. I moved into one of their other properties (just because I wanted to live in a larger place) when I came back to Hong Kong a month later and they arranged for my luggage (4x 100 litre boxes) to be moved free of charge.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank 007Arnie
Reviewed March 15, 2011

For the price I paid, it was ok. The rooms are big (I took a 1 Bedroom, apparently all the studios were booked when I asked). The front-desk staff were nice.

Don't expect free breakfast because this isn't a hotel, but expect a very clean room each day. This is an important thing after walking around that area!

I like that they give a "welcome tray", after flying the fruit provided is quite nice. What they need more of is fruit, not chocolate.

Jackie (I think that's her name) was quite nice, she had a few hints on where to go around the hotel. The only problem is taxis, they really need something to let taxis know that they are there. Suggest a taxi card or give the guests a proper map!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank DoctrineofGabe
Reviewed March 7, 2011

Having moved to Hong Kong, we stayed at Ovolo for nearly 3 months while looking for a permanent apartment. The accomodation is fine but an incident that occured on our final day completely changed the way we feel about Ovolo and its so-called management.
During our move to our new place, we left several small bags in our Ovolo apartment, and planned to collect them the following day, which was our final day. Unfortunately I was very ill the next day, and my husband was busy looking after me as well as dealing with tradesmen in our new apartment, so we did not get back to Ovolo until a day later. We were informed by Ovolo management that our remaining bags had been thrown out! Apparently the maid had thought the small, sturdy bags were 'rubbish. This we found very hard to believe, given the contents of the bags, which included four new shirts, blouses, pyjamas, jeans, small pieces of jewellery, trinkets, various documents, boots, photos, coin purse full of money etc.
While we acknowledge that we should have tried to collect the bags earlier, what reputable hotel would throw out a long-term residents' items after just one day? It is our belief that most good hotels have a storage area for lost and forgotten items, and attempt to contact their guests to come and collect them.
Apparently Ovolo does not follow this procedure. While management apologised for their mistake, they offered no recompense, nor indicated that the maid responsible had been closely questioned about the incident.
We are deeply disappointed by the lack of care, honesty and professionalism shown by staff at Ovolo, and we would never recommend anyone to stay there.

• Stayed November 2010
8 Thank mhiggins8
OvoloHK, Guest Relations Manager at Ovolo Noho, responded to this review, March 15, 2011
We take all comments seriously and in consideration in our efforts to ensure all guests obtain an excellent stay with ovolo. We wish to convey our deepest and most profound apologies for such an unfortunate incident. This was an isolated case that does not reflect on the high quality standards in ovolo's hospitality practice.

In order to ensure all guest stay satisfaction, with our continuous improvement we have extended our training program to increase more focus on guest satisfaction to ensure all staff understand our ovolo standard of excellence. We continue monitor and upgrade quality guest stay to ensure they experience the very best of HK.