“My favorite hotel in Hong Kong”
Review of W Hong Kong

W Hong Kong
Ranked #9 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed December 27, 2013

W Hong Kong is absolutely amazing and I have stayed there multiple times. The location is prime and convenient with subway station right underneath. There are a variety of decent restaurants in the Element Mall nearby. The staffs are professional and attentive. Rooms are clean and spacious (which is very rare in HK considering how crowded the city is). Most importantly, they have a great spa! I can get a quality facial and massage without even leaving the building.

One time I accidentally left a few clothes in the room after checking out. I was really upset because I thought I would never get them back, based on my past unpleasant experiences with some so-called 5-star hotels. Nevertheless, I called them and the front desk staff told me that they found my clothes and I could pick it up anytime. And when I came back to get it, they were neatly folded, wrapped in a laundry bag, clean and wrinkled free. I was very impressed with their customer services. I have been to W in many different cities, honestly none of them can compare to the experience I have at W Hong Kong.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zhang Y
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Hello Zhang Y, thanks so much for your comments. It’s our honor to be thought of as your favorite hotel in Hong Kong. I’m really glad we managed to retrieve and return your clothing to you! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

There are newer reviews for W Hong Kong

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Everything's nice, quite some nice memories for us there, in particular the friendly staff around. On check out we ran into one from Mauritius who provided us so much useful intel for our honeymoon - big thanks to you Jeffrey.

• Stayed: December 2013
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Hello gbayhk, congratulations on your wedding and thanks for your review. Great to hear that the team made your stay here even more memorable and I will ensure Jeffery is given special recognition! Thanks for choosing W Hong Kong. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my friend on August 2013. Hotel location was great coz has The element shoping mall and MRT under the hotel. Then, When i walk in to the hotel im very like all in this hotel especially hoyel design, chic&modern room, friendly and helpfully staff , unique pool with a great view on the 74th floor. So if i have a plan to Hong Kong again this hotel is first choice for me.

Stayed: August 2556, traveled with friends

Hello Aemtyz E, thanks for your review and really pleased to know our team was so friendly and helpful and that we’re your first choice in Hong Kong. We be working hard to remain #1 in your estimations. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Last night was the most terrible Christmas eve we had ever had in our life!!!

All this was ruined by this so call Five-Start-Ranked hotel. Our families of four flew from New Zealand to spend a three days Christmas stay in HongKong. After one o'clock on the Christmas Eve, we were woke by heavy partying noise from our next door hotel room 3711. Approximately 20-30 pp screaming and yelling there. After 8-9 calls to the hotel manager in the following 2-3 hours, we were told our only option was to move to another hotel room ( eventually found out its a downgrade one with no sea view ). At 3am, me and my hubby have to carry two of our fully sleep children to shift to another room.

Not sure what's the solution for this kind of thing next time and what's our hotel guest right against this and the proper compensation.

Stayed: December 2013
5  Thank Gigi C
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear Gigi C. Please accept my sincere apologies for your very frustrating Christmas eve experience at W Hong Kong. I agree you have every right to expect a lot more when reserving any 5 star hotel, and at the very least a peaceful night’s sleep for yourself and your family. I would like to make this up to you and as we do not have your email address on file I hope you could email me on ww.hk@whotels.com so I could outline what we propose to offer by way of compensation. Further to your comments I am now drafting measures to ensure guest parties can no longer cause such disturbance to others in future. These will be implemented very quickly. My sincere apologies again and I look forward to hearing from you soon. Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Reviewed December 23, 2013

This is my forth stay at the W hotel and i had another great stay. W hotels are a bit different from the normal hotel, but this hotel grows on you the more you stay here.
The rooms a great, the staff are attentive and welcoming and the Kitchen buffet restaurant is a great place to eat with a good variety of food and good service.
The location is good being right on the airport express train line, and also next door to the Elements shopping mall. If you are here for a tourist trip the hotel might not be in the most convenient location, but it is not far from everything and you will enjoy your stay here.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Hello bluemanga007, thanks for your support and review! We’re thrilled to hear that you found everything to your liking at the hotel and that’s definitely an terrific encouragement for us. Thanks again and hope to see soon! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Probably my favorite W worldwide - the design of the hotel and everything in the rooms are impeccable! The staff are incredibly helpful and easy going. Breakfast at The Kitchen is very well done - lots of choice and quite tasty.

The Kowloon location is a bit unfortunate (the fact that it's in Kowloon to begin with - and not near the ferry), but the mall next door is quite nice and is one metro stop and a 10 minute walk away from Central.

Only real complaint is that the wifi system limits the number devices you can use. There were two of us traveling, and after having used our phones and tablets It wouldn't let me use my laptop. Given the # of gadgets young tech-enthused people are using in 2013 it's a bit of a silly policy, as it only serves to frustrate guests, incur cost to the hotel in tech support calls (and negative tripadvisor comments!), and doesn't actually save the hotel any $$$! C'mon W, show your IT systems a little design love too :)

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Hello Adam H, thanks so much for your review and support! It’s such an honor to be named your favorite W hotel! With regards to wifi access, earlier this year we increased the access per guest room to 4, and now based on your feedback we have increased it once again. From today we will allow up to six devices to access wifi per room. Thank you very much for the feedback and please share the news with your “tech-enthused” friends. Hope to see you again very soon! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Reviewed December 20, 2013

Everything that i expected and more!!!! pool on the 70'something floor is amazing, modern rooms, exceptional food amazing views of the Hong Kong Skyline!!!! attentive staff, they'll go the extra mile to fulfill your requests!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Hello Gustavo B, thank you a lot for your review! It’s very uplifting to know what an exceptional time you had at W Hong Kong! I’m particularly proud that my team went above and beyond to satisfy your requests. Thanks again for letting me know and for choosing to stay with us. Come visit us again! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager