“Great location, amenities, room, etc”
Review of W Hong Kong

W Hong Kong
Ranked #9 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Vancouver, Canada
“Great location, amenities, room, etc”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful stay here this weekend -- great location connected directly to kowloon mtr stop (with airport train!) and elements mall. Great rooms with harbor view, and amenities common to higher end asian hotel chains.

Room service food was OK but nothing to write home about. Rooftop pool is also quite small and bot as 'wow' as something like the marina bay sands in singapore

• Stayed September 2013
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Hello Rich S, thank you for your review! Great to know you enjoyed your time here. Sorry to hear that we did not manage to deliver a great in room dining experience. We would love to make your next stay even better, so it would be great if you can share any feedback that may assist us to improve via ww.hk@whotels.com . Thank you once again for your observations, we hope to see you again soon! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (730)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Haarlem, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed 5 nights in a Fabulous Suite at the W Taipei and loved it. Just now we stayed a whole month! at the W Hong Kong and were Totally Wowed again.
We stayed in a Cool Corner Room, this time, which has great views.
The hotel is very conveniently located, connected to the Elements Mall, with lots of eateries and shops. It is also connected to an MTR station and to the Airport Express. Meaning that you can check in and hand over your luggage downstairs. Really handy!
The hotel has a gorgeous design, with lots of quirky, cool touches. It has the highest rooftoppool in Hong Kong. That pool has spectacular views too and a beautiful design around it.
The food and drinks in the hotel are wonderful, with a lot of choices. We had our daily breakfast at Kitchen, and had a dinner of bites and bubbles sometimes at Woobar, which I enjoyed a lot.
The staff is professional, kind and personal.
The hotel organises special events regularly and can also help you find of-the-beaten track things to do and see. Be sure to contact Charlie, the W's so called Insider. She is a lovely person who can make suggestions to you. The same goes for her colleague Maggie, one of W's Welcome agents. We received special gifts and a number of hand written sweet cards by these ladies from time to time.
Manager James is a gem too, not afraid to help out the team of Kitchen with cleaning tables every now and then. How special is that?
So in short: want to be wowed by your hotel when staying in Hong Kong, choose the W.
And no, I have no shares and this is not a sponsored post. LOL. Just an enthusiastic guest.

Oh, and if you would like to obtain a pair of really special, funky sneakers, book their Startstruck Package. They come with that and are so cool!

Room Tip: Ask for a Cool Corner Room.
1 Thank Tangobabe1
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Hello Tangobabe1, thank you so much for your wonderful review! I am so thrilled to know that you had such a great time with us! We value personal touches here, so it is very encouraging to hear that you enjoyed all our special gifts for you! And I will definitely pass your kind words to Charlie, Maggie and James. They’ll be ecstatic! Thank you once again and hope to see you soon!
Reviewed September 24, 2013

From the moment you walk in. The smell of the lobby is heavenly. The staff are very hip and attentive and persistent to please you. The bathroom amenities are second to none and so is every little thing in the room. Best in room sound system I have had in a hotel. Location is super convenient! Built over the Elements mall and Kowloon station, it doesn't get easier.

Room Tip: Fabulous room has superior views and feel.
1 Thank Paul K
Hello Paul K, thanks for your amazing review! Nothing made me happier than knowing you had such a wonderful time with us! Can’t wait to see you again!
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed September 23, 2013

we have spent a night at W hotel for my birthday and WITHOUT our 3 kids.
as a SPG gold member, we received a special attention with upgrading of the room + bottle of champagne.

we finally decided to not leaving the hotel. for the dinner, the Woo bar had a stunning DJ line-up, excellent cocktails and great mood so we spend the all night there.

And in the room, we fallen asleep watching a nice video on-demand.
it was an amazing moment out of time. we woke up and went to the kitchen for the buffet brunch.
fabulous. As I love reading books, I took few at the reception and had a 3h breakfast.

to recap . I LOVE THIS PLACE.

ps: special mention for the Bang and Olufsen SOUND SYSTEM in the room. just MASSIVE.

Room Tip: all the rooms are great. just depends on your budget :-)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Hello Pierre S, thanks so much for your review! We just love helping guests celebrate special occasions so I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed time out at W Hong Kong for your birthday. Thanks for sharing and hope to see you back here soon! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Munich
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed at W Hong Kong on September 17th for the fith time or so on business. As usual the experience was great! Whilst beeing suited for businsess travel the hotel also gives a sense of leisure. The roof top pool is excellent, the breakfast great, the rooms spacious and nicely decorated. Finally, as SPG gold member I was really well treated with everything you would expect as a frequent traveler to the hotel. Will come back for sure!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hello Anna77m, thanks for your great comments and welcome back! We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our pool, breakfast and room! Definitely looking forward to see you again! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Munich, Germany
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My partner have selected W Hong Kong to celebrate my birthday. Overall the hotel is good in term of facilities and environment. However, the staff was treated me like no one as I am the loyalty SPG Platinum member.
I've booked the suites under my SPG account and I have checked in the room afternoon. My husband arrived later at night because of work late. Due to the SPG policy, the person who paid for the room should have received the starwood points. The payment was done by my husband credit card. So basically W Hong Kong front desk have asked for his SPG account when he arrives, they even search the number by the email. So the points would deposit to his account.
7 days after we have checked out. It doesn't show any point in my husband's SPG account. So we have submitted a missing point request online as well as contact W hong kong by phone. First, the front desk staff said the person who handles SPG account is off today. She is happy to get the right person to call me back tomorrow. Then next day no one call me. I need to call them again. Finally I have reached the right person. This SPG specialist have questioning me if my husband has stayed in the hotel and checked in at the reception after arrive? because they didn't have my husband's record. She did not believe what I tell her and she even told me I need to check with the front desk and check out our CCTV camera in the lobby, make sure your partner have stay with us. Otherwise, we can't deposit the starwood point to his account. She then sent an email asking my husband and clarify the time of arrival.
Up to this point it was really annoyed us to receive such customer service. Among all the starwood hotel I have stayed. It was the worst customer services we have ever experience. This SPG specialist has so much attitude on the phone (once the phone got cut off, she didn't call back) I have to call back every time. The way she wrote to us on the email was unprofessional. It sounds she owns the hotel. Well we came to stay and spend on your hotel. but we didn't expect to be treated like this.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Hyattdiamond
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Chun W, please accept my sincere apologies for your poor experience relating to your reservation at W Hong Kong. Having investigated in detail, I am very surprised that you found our SPG specialist to be rude, as it was Sammy who handled your case and she is one of our most exceptional team members here, reflected by the fact that she receives many more positive guest comments than almost any other member of the team each week. That you were not happy is extremely disturbing to me and if you are able to provide further detail (via email ww.hk@whotels.com) it would be most helpful for me to take action to ensure that you and other guests never have such an experience in future. The information I am able to determine to date is that you had made on-day booking online and then called to our central reservation office who reminded you to present the same credit card he used for prepaid booking upon check in. The credit card presented upon check-in was not the same one and this was the root cause and the beginning of the challenges you experienced here. In looking through the records, I can see that we also had a challenge with your last stay with us approximately 12 months ago. I offer no excuses and would not like to get into too much detail here, but please do be in contact with me if you would like to discuss these issues. Thank you for your feedback. Sincerely, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Bay of Plenty Region, New Zealand
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 4 nights on stop over from Europe to NZ. Very much enjoyed our stay and amenities the hotel provided. Excellent roof top pool, much welcomed after walking around in pretty humid conditions. Concierge excellent, and room service the best we have had anywhere. Good location, plenty of places to eat nearby and above all easy access to the MTR for getting around. We did eat at the highly recommended Sing Yin restaurant associated with hotel. A separate review posted on this, but have to say the Dim Sum combination were the stand out on what was otherwise a good but not outstanding selection we had given the price. Expensive wine and so so dining environment. But overall we were very pleased with selecting the World Hotel to stay. Great breakfasts and these were good value.

PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Hello cleo01paw. Thanks for your compliments to our Concierge, Kitchen restaurant (for breakfast) and In Room Dining offerings, and while I am happy you enjoyed the dim sum, I am sorry you didn’t feel our Chinese restaurant offered value and the variety you were hoping for. I am glad your overall experience was a positive one though and we appreciate you taking the time to write. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager