“Luxurious and Spectacular views of the Harbor”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of W Hong Kong

W Hong Kong
Ranked #10 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Austin, Texas
“Luxurious and Spectacular views of the Harbor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

I arrived in Hong Kong to visit a friend for a 3 day weekend and got an amazing surprise. Enter the front door and the eye candy begins. The elevators had led floors and ceilings that change as you make your way up this modern behemoth. Unique art and sculptures were covering the lobby. Make sure to take a picture of the life size paper horse and all the other pieces that lead up to the front desk. I had booked a "Fabulous Room" and while checking in at the amazing front desk with the 20 ft LED screen wall.. the room was upgraded to a "Fantastic Suite" luckily due to over booking. I was shocked and dying to see what the room looked like.

The experience was luxury all the way. I got amazing bay windows with a gorgeous harbor view, Bang & Olufsen A/V system, DVD Player, and iPod dock, living room, 52" TV. the room lived up to the modern and sexy W billing. The walls were textured with vertical lines and had black and yellow post modern mural art work. The bathroom was huge with dual sinks and had a TV above the bathtub. The bedroom was as big as the huge living room. Possibly the most comfortable bed I have ever had the pleasure to sleep on. So nice in fact that it was very hard to get up and explore Hong Kong the next day. The floor to ceiling windows in both the living room and the bedroom had a total black out curtain system that was perfect for remedying my long nights and early morning returns.

The bar down stairs is very easy to get sucked into. Beautiful modern glass sculptures hang from what must have been 40 ft ceilings. Fully stocked with anything you can possibly conceive and after a few drinks it became a chore to try just to leave the hotel and see the city.

Make sure you make time to go to the infinity pool on the top floor for a spectacular 30ft mosaic mural and bring a camera for an outstanding view of Hong Kong that you won't want to miss. This is the type of hotel that can easily be stayed in for 3 days and totally forget why you even came to the city in the first place.

Staying at the W is expensive and completely worth it. You will know and remember where your money went as you soak in the experience. You simply won't be disappointed if you wanted a modern hotel that oozes style.

Room Tip: Choose a harbor view on the highest floor you can afford. you wont be disapointed
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for the spectacular review GrendelATX. We are lucky to be managing a very well designed and equipped hotel and will be using your review as cause for celebration with the team here @ W Hong Kong. Our ongoing aim is to have a level of service commensurate with the quality of the hardware here (or better!) Thanks again and we hope to see you back at W Hong Kong soon. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (708)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel is all about class and luxury. The rooms are awesome and the view is amazing. It is located centrally next to the train station. The breakfast spread was amazing. The room quality, washrooms, the products in the room were all state of the art.

Room Tip: High floor rooms are wonderful
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Hello Sourabh L, thanks so much for your positive comments. We’re very happy to know you find our rooms, view, location, breakfast all up to your expectations! Hope to see you at W Hong Kong again soon! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

i'm in love with this hotel from the very first time saw pictures of this hotel. i came with 2 friends. and because the price is quite expensive,i really had to insist my friends to stay here at least one night. So i spent 3 days to the other cheap hotel, and had one night at W. And it was really worth!!! really had a wonderful experience. the hotel room is very luxury, spacious, modern, really comfortable bed, and have a good sound system. and the pool is so COOL. at the end my friends say thank you to me to bring them here... Thank you W!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Mariska E, thank you for your LOVE-ly review! We’re thrilled to know your friends loved your decision and that you saw the value in W has to offer! We look forward to seeing you again soon! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed in W Hong Kong for 3 nights over the weekend to attend a wedding. From the minute we step into the hotel from Kowloon Station, we have no problem locating the nearest exit to the hotel which is in exit D.

We were greeted upon our arrival in the Ground Floor and was usher to Level 6 for the check in. I did find the check in counters a bit noisy as it is located just outside the Woo Bar. Music was blasting out from the outlet at 330pm in the afternoon. I guessed this is what W is all about after experiencing the same in W Bangkok and W Taipei.

We were given a fabulous room at 3512 with the ocean view of Sheung Wan though the room was partially blocked by the famous ICC. From the room we can steal a glimpes of Admiraty through the building gap of ICC and the housing estates.

The room was extremely spacious for HK standards. Noisy insolation is good as we could not hear walking foot steps or trolley pushed passed the room. Thanks to the heavy fire rated door which my cousin in law has a tough time opening it everytime she needs to leave the room as it was too heavy for her.

Rooms were adequately supplied while the turndown services were not consistent during our stay there. On the first day, the turndown service involved the change of towels and replenishment of water and amenities. The second day only involved in replenishment of water while amenities used were not replenished. On our final day of stay which is on a Saturday, I presumed there was no turndown services as the room looked the same when we returned from the dinner. However, I must comment on the chambermaid as she managed to maintain the cleanliness of the room at all times.

One must really compliment the W Hotel for providing wonderful linen and bed for a wonderful sleep every night. The linen and the bed is so comfortable which I always find it too lazy to wake up every morning.

For health freak, one should check out the gym as it is a complete gym with all the relevant equipments to work on your muscles.

The spa was great as all in house guests get to use the Bliss Spa without additional cost escept for massage or treatments. The pool is my favourite place during my stay as it is located at the rooftop of the building at Level 76. It is an infinity pool and we get to look down at the traffic chaos on the street below.

Location of the hotel is superb as I just wanna get out from the chaotic HK stressful traffic and chose to stay here this time as compared to my previous trips where I stayed in TST or CWB area. Transportation other than cab is only MTR or bus which can be taken from the bus terminus in ICC.

Overall I enjoyed my stay in W Hong Kong and I would not hesitate to return to the hotel should my trip to HKG involved some destressing routine in the near future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Hello MelvinL, thanks so much for taking the time to write us such a comprehensive review! Fabulous to know you enjoyed your stay and we are very grateful for your constructive observations regarding our turndown services. Our Style team are now aware and are investigating this. Perception of music volume is obviously quite subjective, but our music volumes at WOOBAR should not be so loud mid-afternoon and the team will be paying close attention to this further to your comments. Rest assured we'll be here 24/7 making improvements prior to your next visit. Please visit us again soon! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

I always travel solo to Hong Kong and this W is the kind of place that always brings a little colour to the solo travel experience. Nice lobby bar, spacious and well appointed rooms, as well as a bed that has never failed to deliver a solid night's sleep. For a more dynamic kind of night, there's almost always parties happening at the hotel (but you'll never hear it from the room - another big tick in my books). I'll be back.

A tip for tourists: quickest way to get to anywhere in HK Island is to take the MTR to Hong Kong station and then change to a taxi. Taxis can be rare during the afternoons despite the best efforts of the concierge and in doing so you'll also save the tunnel toll, which adds more than 1/3 to a standard cab fare.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Hello tziganejl, thank you so much for your review! We’re thrilled to know you had such a wonderful time staying and partying with us! Hope to see you again soon! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Taipei
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Props to W Hotel for its excellent service.

Stayed at the W about two weeks ago with the wife and in-laws. We were greeted warmly and checked in by Eddie Chan, who quickly won us over with stellar service.

The rooms were extremely spacious by HK standards and most important of all, clean! Although predisposed to classical grandeur and luxury, W's trendy style def worked for me. The decor was stylish hip but not over the top, and the harbor view in our rooms just topped it off. I did, however, feel the lounge was a bit dim and clubish even in the day time, but that's the just the W atmosphere I suppose.

The location is suitable for those looking for a retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city. Although connected to the Kowloon mtr station, the hotel is distant enough from shady peddlers and shovy tourists (like myself no doubt). The property is also connected to a mall/shopping complex, which, somewhat to my surprise, offer good bargains and stress-free shopping.

As for the food, well, it's your standard big hotel fare. I was satisfied enough with the breakfast as they had crisp bacons, omelets, and fresh juice. Yeah, bourgeois Americans aren't hard to please. Plus, the price is extremely affordable and view makes for easing gazing.

Facilities? The pool is a bit compact but the view makes up for it. The gym is well-equipped though, possessing all the weights you desire + a punching bag--it comes in handy after a hectic day of shopping with the family.

So, in a word, wunderbar. Stay at the W for the style, the rooms, and the service. I know I will soon again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Cayenne P
Hello Cyan79, thanks for your WOW review! We’re on cloud nine knowing you enjoyed your stay! Glad you liked our style, our service and our breakfast. I’ll personally share your kind words with Eddie - he’ll be thrilled! Thanks and hope to see you again soon. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Tai Wan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Once i checked in this hotel, the staff (girl) is very polite! The food in this hotel is not good as mentioned and expected. Overall, the room and the music are very trendy and we are glad to stay here again next time! Most impressed me was that the boy in swimming pool is really nice (seem namely raymond). He was patient to answer all my enquiries. We appreciate such service in this hotel! Look forward to coming to this hotel again!

The only thing i feel a bit disppointed is the staff in SPA, her manner is not rude but seem not welcome.

• Stayed July 2013
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thanks for your review tharan L. Delighted to hear about your overall impression but disappointing to know about the service you received at bliss spa. I will be looking into this very seriously and would appreciate if you could email me on ww.hk@whotels.com as I would like to have more detail in order to investigate this effectively. Thank you for your feedback. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager P.S. Raymond will be getting the recognition he deserves!