“Very good Hotel”
Review of W Hong Kong

W Hong Kong
Ranked #8 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Room facilities are wonderful! Good service! Location is good, convenient for sightseeing, shopping and food! The bed/pillow is comfortable; few Hotel can be the same! The pool is wonderful; I love the spa pool with wide open view! The TV sound stereo is amazing! It is my second time to stay. Although I have bad experience during my 1st stay but Francis help me to solve the problem; moreover I got upgraded room with beautiful view this time! I will definitely visit again W Hotel HongKong. Only internet charge is a little bit disappointed. I mean the charge is not a big deal so why not free to all gust so everybody would happy! Personally speaking, I think internet is necessary as water!

Room Tip: High level with sea view!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Hello Bobbie T. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again soon. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,038)

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Upon arrival we were upgraded to the fabulous room on 36th floor, free of charge... just asked.
When going back from a trip we were thinking out loud about a chocolote... voilla, two chocolates waiting for us in the room (every single day :))
Although it's a huge upscale hotel, it does not have this upscale snob atmosphere to it. More like a high class apartment building with a club-like reception, infinity pool on 72nd floor (a must go, even in february!) and outstanding concierge service.

Their motto is whatever, whenever and it works...

Room Tip: Get a Fabulous room with harbor view, at least at 30th floor
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello 3606 and thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased that our Whatever/Whenever service commitment lived up to expectations throughout your stay. Thanks for sharing! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Spotless hotel. Great atmosphere. Close to everything. Pool & gym also great. You can walk to a lot from this hotel. Restaurants had great food and vibe. The whole hotel is beautiful, and customer service is top notch.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lizzie R

Hello Lizzie R and thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. it is great to know that our services and our location made a good impression during your stay. We hope to see you again soon. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I found the bed too soft. Water leak from the shower room when we took shower because the door cannot be closed tight. Room is big and comfortable. overall great experience but in room internet speed is quite disappointing especially i had to pay for it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Maxxasstravels and thank you for your valuable comments. I am disappointed that you had such a poor experience of W Hong Kong and I have already discussed with the related department heads here to ensure repairs and improvements are made quickly. I am confident that if you do choose to stay at W Hong Kong when you return the issues will have been resolved. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

W HONG KONG :
It was to my surprisethat the saying whenever you want, whenever you want is a custom-madefor myself serive. Pryia took care of us like we were royalty. From explaining the different HK attractions to discussing our future travels, she brought us on a service-oriented utopia. I was amazing how she secured all steps to guide us back to express checkin. She brought us to MTR and made sure that we felt at ease and we were very happy. I believe her attitude, emotional intelligence and skills will guide her to the top tier of Starwood. Benson was also quite pleaant and made us feel very at ease.
I already am looking forward to my next W experience. Where design, arts, service meets with excellence.
To Pryia i raise a glasss of fine champagne. !!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Hello ClubMedDan and thank you for taking the time to express your appreciation of our talented team members at W Hong Kong! Your gratitude has been shared with them and it is a source of great encouragement. Please return soon - we are driving continuous improvement daily here. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I recently stayed at the W Hotel in Hong Kong. This hotel is overrated and overpriced. When I took a shower, the water overflowed and leaked out into the whole bathroom. When I informed the front desk, they said they were aware of the problem and blamed it on the design of the shower. Even when staying on a higher floor, the traffic noise level from the street was bad. I would not recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Hello sanfrancisco201025 and I was very sorry to hear of your poor experience of W Hong Kong. It is clear that one or more of us has let the entire team down through their failure to respond correctly to the water overflow issues in your bathroom. I am investigating and our Director of Welcome and Training Manager will be using this case study in our training programs in the coming months to ensure guests do not receive such unresponsive and poor service in future. It is a serious breach of our Whatever Whenever service commitment and I completely understand your disappointment and surprise at such a response. Regarding traffic noise in the room, I have never received such comments from guests, but have no doubt that when combined with our handling of your complaint, this contributed to making your W experience a very poor one. Since the windows are double-glazed and the building is generally well sound-proofed, I am afraid there is no immediate change I can make to improve in this area, but I have noted your comments for future capital investment considerations. Sincerely, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel many times since it opened about five years ago. Always a great hotel. I try to plan my itinerary so Hong Kong is my last stop before I fly home, so I can just enjoy all the fantastic facilities the hotel provides ie spa/pool/restaurants/hospitality and of course the comfort of the rooms. The breakfasts are fantastic and definitely worth waiting for. On this visit I did have a couple of hiccups in the dining room but all fairly minor in the scheme of things. Also another great plus for the hotel, you can e-mail in advance any requests and they will be catered for. And the bonus being above the Kowloon station airport check-in you can check-in and then still came back to your room. All stress free. If you enjoy being attacked and intimidated by the H.K Hawkers outside your hotel door, don't stay here...

Room Tip: Stay as long as u can...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Hello Thesmdm and thanks for your continuous support! It’s a great encouragement to the whole team to know that we have guests that return time after time. Please come back soon!. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager.