“Good location”

Ranked #10 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Singapore, Singapore
“Good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have been staying here every year for the past 5 years. It stills remains our favorite place to stay. However, I find the beds are getting too soft and the decor getting darker than before.

Other than that, it has not disappointed us. The location is fantastic as the hotel is linked to Three Sixty the supermarket, Kowloon MTR station, Airport Express and there is also a Pret-a-Manger just downstairs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Hello fairus26 and I am glad to hear that W Hong Kong is still your favorite in our city. We value all our guest comments and I am pleased to be able to let you know that, as the hotel is turning 5 this year we do have a bed replacement program in progress and an intensive ongoing maintenance program for our rooms. I believe in future you will experience the improvements we are making. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (708)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed for 3 days, after touring would head to pool because of the heat in HK. Great food and beautiful views at pool. Rooms contemporary, and very nice. Work our room nice and had great views Service outstanding, needed directions and bellman walked me into the attached mall and showed me where I needed to go. Breakfast buffet was excellent and had huge variety of foods. loved trying asian breakfast choices. Very convenient to take train to airport from Kowloon station which is attached to hotel. Concierge service was outstanding.

Room Tip: ask for room with harbor views
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hello 448peggy and thank you for taking time to write your review. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed the hotel facilities, service and dining experiences. We hope to see you again soon. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager.
New York City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in April for four nights while on business. I found the room to be nice. The shower was excellent. The location is excellent for those doing business in Kowloon and Hong Kong proper is easily accessible. It is very easy to get back to the airport and you can check your luggage at the subway station downstairs. The staff were friendly. The food was average but there are lots of restaurants in the high end mall downstairs. The dry cleaning was very expensive, even for a hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the water.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hello J_96_7 and thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I am glad you found our location and service to your liking but disappointed that you found the food to be “average”. I hope we may change your opinion in this regard on future visits. Our laundry charges are checked against other 5 star international hotels in Hong Kong annually to ensure they are in line. We will be doing so in the next quarter, so I will pay special attention to this further to your comments. We do hope to see you again on your next visit. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager.
Boulder, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

There are great and beautiful hotels all over Hong Kong. For me, it's the staff that truly creates a stand-out and how that staff responds to special circumstances. For me it was, once again, leaving an item in my room and not realizing it until I arrived at the airport. I confess, it's happened more than once. This time the realization happened as I was waiting for my flight in the Hong Kong airport with no chance of going back to the hotel. I called and spoke with the person who picked up the phone. She listened, said she would check on it and call me back. Much to my surprise because I've gotten to this stage before with no response from a hotel, Yan (I believe) called me back within 10 minutes, said they had the item and would send me an email to confirm the shipping address.

It was not until I arrived back in the USA the next day that I was able to see her email and respond to confirm the address. The next morning, I have an email from Rosita, Style Coordinator (Housekeeping in W language) telling me that the item was shipped Fedex and providing the tracking number. Not only did they do what they said they would do but followed- up! This is the hallmark of world class people working for a world class company.

I experienced this level of enthusiasm, service and commitment from every employee that I encountered during my short, one night visit. Oh yes, the hotel facilities are ultra modern, clean, comfortable and very conveniently located. Prior to arrival I received an email recognizing my SPG gold status and informing me that they had upgraded my room. This in itself is almost unheard of in the Starwood system.

I highly recommend the W not just because of its physical attributes but because of the people who will go out of their way to make your visit special. Big thank-you again to Yan and Rosita for above and beyond service after the fact. Oh yeah, the breakfast buffet is one of the absolute best ever.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hello Mutt99 and thank you for such a wonderful review. It is a huge pleasure to know that we created this experience for you and a great encouragement to our team to know that their efforts are recognized and appreciated. We would like to thank you again for staying at W Hong Kong and we hope to see you again soon! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager.
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Just finished a night stay with W hotel Hong Kong and I have to say I was impressed. I have stayed in many city hotels and this is definitely on the top of my list. Staffs are friendly, helpful and always around. Hotel is modernly designed and the room has everything you need to ensure a good stay. Especially love the roof-top pool with great view on the habour. Next time when I am back in Hong Kong, this is the hotel to stay with!

Room Tip: All rooms are big enough.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Hello Brianluxury, Terrific to know you had such a wonderful stay at W Hong Kong. We definitely look forward to seeing you again. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Shenzhen, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed in W Hong Kong at least 15 times, maybe 20. It is always my first choice in Hong Kong. Honestly speaking, if someone will ask me how hotel should look like, I'll take him (or her) to W. I can say a lot of good things about this hotel - good location; nice, clean rooms; everything you need is available and conveniently placed; excellent service; all amenities you may need, all - in perfect condition; amazing view from the swimming pool early in the morning, etc. etc. In fact I am trying to add something negative to this review to make it look less like advertisement, but I can't find anything. Dear W, please keep doing what you're doing and I will always be sure which hotel to choose when I go to Hong Kong. Thank you very much.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hello Mvital, thank you so much for your review and support. It’s always been our goal to provide all guests a WOW experience, and we’re so glad that we succeeded it delivering you one! We will continue to strive to deliver this kind of experience to our guests. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed in the hotel from 14th to 16th of June. Was pleased with the overall experience. The staff were pleasant, helpful and very responsive to our needs.

One particular incident which really separates W Hotel from the rest of the hotels i've stayed in was their Whenever, Wherever service.

Stephanie ( Whenever Wherever Staff) answered my last minute plea to purchase some cookies from Janet's Cookie place during 2pm on a Saturday. It was almost an impossible mission to accomplish. Stephanie called almost every outlet in Hongkong and arranged for a staff to queue over hours and finally gotten the cookies for us. (Cookies were meant for our friend's wedding thus we were really grateful). We were very sorry for putting them in such a tight spot as we didnt realise the degree of popularity Janet's cookies is in Hongkong.

Conclusion is that they were obliging, they never refused/turn down our request, they followed up promptly to ensure we know exactly what was going on and ensured that we've got what we want.

W Hotel Hongkong certainly provided me the best hotel experience ever. Kudos to them

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hello Akyang, thank you for your great review. We’re delighted to know how our team were helpful and attentive to your every need. Your compliments have been passed to Stephanie and the Whatever/Whenever team, which I am sure will encourage them even further. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager