“BEST FROM BEST!!!”
Review of W Hong Kong

W Hong Kong
Ranked #8 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Excellent service, gorgeous design, great food, an unforgettable view from the window of your room. All this gives you a hotel in W. We stayed a week at this hotel will appeal to all to distraction. On the top floor you can relax in the pool or hot tub while taking in with one of the highest buildings in the entire Hong Kong. Thank you very much to all the team for a great holiday!)))))

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Aleksandr A
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Hello Aleksandr A, thank you for writing your review on Tripadvisor and also for the compliments you paid. This is of great encouragement to our team here at W Hong Kong! We hope to see you again soon. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

What can I say about the W Hong Kong? "Wow" seems adequate! Let me begin by saying this, the location is perfect! It's right above the MTR (subway line) as well as a shopping centre so it is super convenient! The rooms are spacious and the beds are super comfy! Everything about this hotel is great! The staff are wonderfully helpful and friendly and I am most impressed with their efficiency! I live in Hong Kong, but from time to time, I just like to go to the W and unwind a wee bit. The bliss spa is fantastic although a wee bit pricey. I haven't had the pleasure to try out their restaurants really, only the pool side bar (the food was yummy by the way) and room service (again, the food was yummy). The bathtubs are huge at the W Hong Kong with a little tv to add to the indulgence of the bath. Water pressure of the showers are strong and they have little bliss products as amenities which is an added bonus. I would definitely recommend the W, although it is not cheap, it is definitely a hip, chic and awesome place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Hello t00fie and thank you for sharing your WOW experience you had during your recent staycation. It is awesome to hear that W is your choice to take a break from the busy city life in Hong Kong. We hope to see you visit us again soon. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

After a wonderful stay at W Taipei suite, I have decided to try out the suites in W Hong Kong during my recent visit. I requested for a Suite Night upgrade using my Platinum status and was offered the Fantastic Suite.
Upon arrival into the room, I immediately noticed the stained sofa and then promptly noticed the peeling countertop! The room was fantatsic with gorgeous views and roomy by HK hotel room standard. After debating what to do, I realized that I would NEVER want to sit in that sofa, I decided to ask for a room change. The service was prompt and housekeeping was sent immediately to take a look. They offered me a further upgrade to Marvelous Suite (I think...) which I graciously accepted.
The Marvelous Suite was much larger with a full size living room, a 4-person table and a half bath in the entry way. The view was nicer (as it is a corner room facing Victoria harbor but was partially blocked by ICC). All in all, I was very satisfied. Then we began having problems with curtain closing as well as lights going on and off on separate nights. It sort of ruined the stay for us as we couldn't get good night sleep.
The W hotel is clearly very well used and maintenance clearly has not kept pace. Hotel mgmt has advised that rooms are undergoing upgrade but obviously that is of no help to me!
I would only consider W HK again when the upgrade is complete and hopefully, room quality is back to normal again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ueynah

Hello Ueynah, first of all, please accept our sincere apologies for the lighting and sofa problems you encountered during your stay. Rest assured that this feedback has been shared with the hotel’s leadership team and actions will be taken to address these shortcomings. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future so you can see that we can indeed do better than this. Please do contact me personally at ww.hk@whotels.com if you do return and I will make sure we extend a warm welcome and the kind of W experience for which we are renowned. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Back again for one night after Sheraton Hong Kong, got the same floor as the previous stay with the same awesome view. Pity did not managed to try out the breakfast again... due to my laziness and the comfortable W Signature bed.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Hello nivla83, thank you for revisiting W Hong Kong and it is an honored that you have also enjoyed your stay with us. We’re delighted the W beds was enjoyed to the max! Hope to see you again very soon! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

This hotel was beautiful, rooms gorgeous and so clean. Very chic and elegant.. service was incredible! Food was great! Room service was prompt and very pleasant. Beds were comfortable and plus. Looking forward to going back.!
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who travel Hong Kong.!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Sebastian L

Hello Sebastian L and thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We are glad that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and hope to see you back with us again soon! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed one night a few weeks ago and had a very pleasant stay. Sammy e mailed me a week prior to my arrival to get a feel for what time I would be arriving and I was very surprised to see that Sammy was actually the one checking me in at the SPG elite desk, that kind of service is why I keep staying as often as I can at SPG properties. The Kitchen restaurant was a great experience and a good value for the money considering the cost and quality of the food. I will hope to come back an visit them again some day.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Hello VWGuru, thank you for your continuous support as our SPG member. We are delighted that W Hong Kong created an enjoyable experience for you and we are definitely looking forward to your return visit soon. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager.

Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

The hotel theme is not like any other i've visited, modern and stylish ! It is located next to the mal complex, Elements, that carries some of the top brands - good for those who like to shop.
Convenient location to go anywhere as the kowloon mtr station is right below the hotel ... No need to walk far outside the building.
Hotel service is nice. My room was upgraded to harbour view, food is very good, too.
The only downside is the rate, i stayed there for 3 nights and it cost me around HK$ 9,000. Well i guess it was all worthed.

Recommended if you have the budget !

• Stayed: January 2013

Hello ojdrahaR, thank you for writing your review on TripAdvisor. While we may be one of the more expensive hotels in the city, we aim for our service quality, environment and facilities to make it worth every penny. We hope to see you again in the near future. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager.