“Great Hotel In Hong Kong”
Review of W Hong Kong

W Hong Kong
Ranked #8 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Perfect relaxation location, great service and away from the heavy tourist area. On Top of a very good shopping center (Elements) and easy passage to the train station and other tourist areas.

Best breakfast every had!

Would come again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Hello ArthurSousa. Please do come again soon. The team were so happy to hear that our Kitchen Buffet was the best you’ve had! Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,038)

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Classy place - the pool area and view over Hong Kong were the highlight of my time in Hong Kong. Lovely staff who will go out of their way to help you out. Rooms were well equiped and comfortable. I was a guest at the hotel so can't comment on the value for money. Other advantages are that its located just above the Kowloon underground station with fast access to Hong Kong island

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Hello fun_mat2, and thank you for your compliments. I am especially gratified that you found our team helpful and that they went out of their way to help. Great also to know that our pool and views were the highlight of your time in Hong Kong. We look forward to your return visit. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Reviewed January 9, 2013

So, ever since my summer vacation and a few days after I graduated from IAFT (The International Academy of Film and Television in Cebu, Philippines), my dearest parents awarded me and my siblings with this vacation in Hong Kong. The rooms were absolutely amazing, the staff was friendly and best of all it is located where the Elements shopping mall is at, which therefore included my favorite store HMV. Everything in this hotel, is so perfect. Need I say anything more, but say this is highly recommended for families going on a trip to Hong Kong? I don't believe so. Believe me, you and your family will never regret having this amazing and outstanding experience. Trust me when I say it.

Room Tip: Just make sure the rooms you have are comfortable, that's the best advice I can give.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Hello Antoni G, thank you for taking time to write this fabulous review on TripAdvisor. Congratulations on your graduation from IAFT, we’re thrilled that W Hong Kong was such a key part of this memorable graduation trip with your family. We look forward to seeing you back with us soon. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed here from 12/31-1/4. It was a great stay. We got the car service from the airport to the hotel, no need to wait in line for check in; we were brought to our room immediately. The food in the Kitchen (breakfast buffet) was excellent. It was really a great selection of freshly prepared and innovative dishes, plus all of the favorites.
The location is super convenient. It is right above the Kowloon MTR stop. You travel the MTR as much as you want and you won't get lost.
I can't think of anything that this hotel does not have or did not do correctly. I am very picky when it comes to hotels and to say that this hotel met my expectations says alot.
I would stay here again.
Bliss Spa here is a bonus as well.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Hello Jgrier5, your tripadvisor review has been shared with the team, and it has given them a real boost to be acknowledged like this! We hope to see you on your next visit soon. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I recently turned 35 and my husband and i decided to stay the night at the W to celebrate. It was perfection from start to finish. As soon as they realized that it was my birthday the gave us a complimentary room upgrade and late check out. And to top it off they sent a birthday cake to our room in the afternoon.

Other highlights:
- the design of the rooms - in particular the tv in the bath caused much excitement;
- the breakfast buffet. Easily the best I've experienced;
- the Sunday brunch. An absolute must to if youre there on a Sunday; and
- the Bliss spa.

The location means that you have to travel for most of the good restaurants but the mall that it is connected to is excellent for shopping and it could not be more convenient for getting to and from the airport.

I would highly recommend staying here. If youre in hong kong for more than three nights you might want to split it with a stay at one of the hotels on the island.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CharlieBunny

Hello CharlieBunny, thank you for choosing to stay at W Hong Kong for your birthday. I am very pleased that you and your husband had such a terrific time here! Once again, Happy Birthday from W Hong Kong and we wish you see you again soon. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager

Reviewed January 7, 2013

This hotel attempts to be super cool, and they pull it off.
Its a little dark but over all its a great experience. The service is impeccable which you would expect from a 5 star hotel in a 5 star city. The rooms are well appointed with great views but and this is a major BUT, the location.

At the moment the hotel is in a dead part of kowloon which will change the moment the west kowloon development gets completed. The hotel is located about the MTR station but its still a real hassle to get around from this hotel. The MTR line this hotel is connected to unfortunately is a long walk from the other lines.

Also the other thing that kills me in regards to this hotel is my inability to figure out what room is what. For example they have names like fabulous rooms, wonderful rooms, spectacular rooms and whatever else. When you are checking in and the staff are telling you about these names, you will be easily confused and its killer because no one can explain what each room actually is.

Do your research about each room before you book because sometimes an upgrade provides you with a less "fabulous" room

But apart from the location this hotel is great.

Room Tip: Do your research... silly names
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KaspXhotels

Thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor and terrific to know you found the service to be so good. I apologize if the hotel’s location was not the most convenient for you and also if you found our roomtype names to be confusing – I must admit they certainly are very different from those of a conventional hotel, and further to your comment, as a team we will be working on having a better way to clearly explain each to our guests. Thanks again for your insightful comments and we hope to see you again at W Hong Kong. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We visited the W hotel in Hong Kong on 2 occasions for Christmas for 4 days and then the second time for 2 days in the New Year. The hotel in linked to a very luxurious mall called Elements which makes it very convenient and the mall is linked to MTR so you can get anywhere in Hong Kong in a few minutes. The Hotel is very chic and very modern and has a feel that you in a night club. It’s very hip with luminous lights. Every item has a cool branding and everything is so well thought about. The staff is very attentive to your needs and really live up to their reputation “Whatever Whenever”. The rooms are super cool and the blinds and curtains are fully automated with a touch of a button. The kitchen restaurant for breakfast in one of the best lay outs I have ever seen at a breakfast buffet. The only thing that was a not favourable is that they don’t clear the tables as quickly as other establishments. The limousine to airport is very efficient and Nicky the staff member at the airport makes sure you are checked in and you are well taken care of till you board the aircraft. We are so in love with the W brand.

Room Tip: Cool corner rooms are spacious with 2 views of the harbour and the city
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
PeterHildebrand, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Hello Farhana H, we are delighted to hear about your positive experience with W Hong Kong. I am especially glad that you appreciated our “Whatever Whenever” service promises and it’s hugely encouraging for the team to hear this. We have discussed your feedback on the clearing of tables in Kitchen with the venue manager we will make the improvements there – thank you for the feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Best wishes, Peter Hildebrand, General Manager.