W Hong Kong
The Upper House(Hong Kong)
$612
  • Restaurant
The Peninsula Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$856
$232
$182
$155
Agoda.com
Butterfly on Victoria(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
$108
$87
$116
$93
4,204 results
All reviewselements mallkowloon stationbliss spawoo barairport expressbliss productscool corner roomsing yinsammy yickfabulous roomrooftop poolspg platinumconcierge teamshopping mallyour luggagefavorite hotelthe ritz carlton
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We arrived late and had a couple of problems with our room (shower wasn't draining) which were promptly fixed by the wonderful staff. We changed room, enjoyed the room service and had a very comfortable nights sleep. Special mention to Eric Li who went above an beyond the call of duty and walked our bags from the hotel all the way to the airport check in making us laugh all the way there. Brilliant.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Otperry
ValerieChan, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Hello Otperry, I am disappointed to know that your experience was imperfect, please accept my sincere apology for the shortfalls you have experienced, which were definitely not what you (or anyone) would expect from at W Hong Kong. I have shared your comments with our Chief Engineer who will revisit our regular preventive maintenance program accordingly.

Otperry, please feel free to contact me personally prior to your next visit so I can assist to ensure you enjoy your experience at W Hong Kong. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to our World of W in a very near future.

Warm wishes,

Reviewed March 31, 2012

I had an enjoyable stay here for 2 nights. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The service was excellent - a nice touch was that they called you by name when you phoned into the reception. The room is quite spacious, and mine had a nice view onto Hong Kong island, The hotel is in Kowloon, next to a rather upmarket mall. There are some food outlets there, but for the "real" food (eg Yung Kee for roast goose), it is about a 120HK$ taxi ride into Hong Kong island.
Would recommend the hotel!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Hello yss97, thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience. Great to know you had a wonderful time and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Warm wishes,

Reviewed March 30, 2012

This is hotel with a perfect location.

Situated above a huge shopping mall of Elements and airport express. You will find a great range of restaurants and coffee houses nearby. Only complaint of the mall is its too upmarket selling only expensive items.

As for the Hotel, the check in took around 20 mins which as a bit long in my opinion. But the decor and mood is super cool and modern. Room with harbour views can see Hong kong island side. Great place to stay for business but perhaps not for families with young children.

Tip: Great breakfast coffee next to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello Cindy W, thanks for sharing and delighted to know you appreciated the hotel’s location. I understand your point regarding family, however we do have guests who regularly enjoy the hotel with their families and do our utmost to accommodate them, with things such as kid’s menus and Kinect for Xbox. Our 76/F outdoor pool & Jacuzzi are also a hit with most kids.

Your valuable feedback has been shared and communicated with Welcome Manager and we will definitely take remedial initiatives to improve the check in waiting time.

I hope you will grant us another chance to demonstrate the true spirit of W, please do not hesitate to contact me personally in this case via w.hk@whotels.com prior to your next visit so I can assist in making sure you get to enjoy your experience at W Hong Kong.

With warmest wishes,

Reviewed March 26, 2012

I go to Hong Kong on business two or three times each year and have stayed in a number of hotels, both in Kowloon and on the island. The W has become my first choice when I have the opportunity to stay there. Although the location is not ideal for tourists in Kowloon, being right above the MTR and Airport Express stations make it ideal for getting around. More important, the level of service is consistently excellent. Staff are proactive in asking if they can help, from the moment I arrive, a service I don't need as a regular, but do appreciate. And I love the rooms, especially the corner rooms and suites, with their view over the harbour. The W style is refreshingly different from the regular corporate hotels I often stay in. I also enjoy the Bliss bath products. My work usually requires that I eat away from the hotel, so I can't comment on the restaurant food there, but it is worth commenting that having a location in a shopping mall makes it very convenient to go out for meals in the restaurants there, and there is also a supermarket to go for snack foods. Finally, the rooftop pool and outdoor hot tub have a spectacular view over the harbour. This is always my first stop when I arrive from Canada in the afternoon.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2012

i don't voluntarily choose W chain because it's too "hip" for me. i prefer a hotel that doesnt have people milling around everywhere with clubby music playing all the time. this stay was booked by host company and has decent rates. hotel is pretty easy to get to via airport express/subway. check-in was very slow. very slow. i wasn't in a rush but i also noticed that the check-out line was very slow so i took note of that for my departure date. the staff apologized for making me wait so long, looking for a room. i requested a view of the HK skyline but i didn't realize that there'd be a huge ICC bldg in the middle of my view. the elevators to the guestrooms are very slow. sooo slow. and many times the key card doesn't work so i had to exit and catch a different lift that could read my key. the room itself is nice and the bed is comfy tho it has a lot of the annoying/cutesy W taglines labeled everywhere. some design elements of the room are pretty cool, like the sliding wall doors for the bathroom and the floating bathroom counter with the lamp post down the middle. the toilet has a blue deodorizer in it that makes it smell like an airplane bathroom. at night with the shades closed and lights off, there's still a ton of stuff glowing everywhere. the light control panel is glowing, so is the analog clock, and the big screen on the phone. it's a bit distracting for me. also you can hear music all night long. i couldn't figure out if it was from the downstairs lobby or from the hallway. i just remember wishing it would go away in my half-sleep state.

the outdoor pool is a nice spot. it's 25m long and very toasty. it was a bit difficult doing laps because the floor is too dark and i couldn't tell where it ends and would get too close to the walls. it never got too crowded in the pool. up on the 76th fl it can get pretty windy/cold and i wondered why they didn't just make the pool indoors, but i was thinking that it can get pretty windy poolside on a beach resort too. the lockers here are pretty nice, with steam, sauna and jacuzzi with built-in chairs. i didn't find a swimsuit spinner. this is the first hotel gym where i've seen a heavy and speed bag (the speed bag was a little under-inflated and the heavy bag was on a stand so couldn't work around the bag--but there was boxing equipment!). they also provide wraps and there's a few gloves hanging around but i prefer not to use communal gloves. the fitness room is pretty spacious and has basic equipment. there's also a kinect360 video game which no one was ever using. the gym was not staffed all the time.

if you have some spare time, stroll over to the ritz at to the top of the ICC for some great views of HK. so far, the views from ritz are not blocked.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank trippyNYC

Hello trippyNYC,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your valuable feedback has been shared and communicated with our Welcome Manager and we will definitely take remedial initiatives to improve where it is needed. Please do accept my sincere apologies for the downside of your stay.

If you ever do stay with us again I would relish the chance to demonstrate the true spirit of W. In this case, please do not hesitate to contact me personally via w.hk@whotels.com prior to your visit so I can assist in making sure you get to enjoy your experience at W Hong Kong.