“W stands for WONDERFUL!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of W Hong Kong

Ranked #10 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“W stands for WONDERFUL!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

Stayed in the W Hong Kong for 3 nights alone. I travelled from Sydney to meet with my friend from South Africa. Friend stayed at other 5 star hotels which simply did not compare to the W!! I was mostly alone at my hotel and felt welcome and cared for. The staff are so attentive without being in your face. Always greeted with the most genuine smiles and questions about my day and stay. By the end of my trip had experienced a lot of struggles (personally) and was wiped out. Needed a BC ticket back to Sdney urgently and the concierge took care of it without any hassels or problems. This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in anywhere in the world and I am making it my personal mission to go to every W hotel in the world!!! Thank you W for making a challenging trip seamless and enjoyable!!

On a practical note: rooms are gorgeous! Mini bar even has effervescent Vit C tablets for a boost on a down day! Every room service tray came with a little plastic toy car just for fun! Adored the gorgeous and spacious bath. A little loofah is provded in the bathroom which I loved!! Staff always accomodated me at the lobby bar which was usually full. More personal attention than I have recieved even in the most exclusive hotels in the world!!!!

Well done W for somehow managing to get it "just right". I Will be back!!

Room Tip: I am convinced every room must be immaculate!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Gia R
ValerieChan, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, January 5, 2012
Hello Gia R,

Sincere thanks for taking the time to share your recent W Hong Kong experience, and I am pleased to learn you had a spectacular stay with us and most aspects met your expectations during your visit.

Gia R, I was delighted to learn that our Concierge team assisted you to make flight ticket arrangement in a timely manner in order to meet your personal needs.

Gia R, please accept my gratitude for your continuous support to W Hong Kong and we are very much looking forward to your next visit very soon.

W Hong Kong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (708)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

The W Hotels have always blown me away, and W Hong Kong was no exception. From the minute we walked in, I was enamored by everything that was going on around me. W Hotel really does pay much attention to detail!

We arrived at the hotel at 1pm, and wasn't supposed to check in until 3pm. However, my mom wasn't feeling well and upon asking for an earlier check-in, the hotel granted our request. That alone made a huge difference for our experience there! The rest of our stay went smoothly, and the staff was gracious to respond to any requests with a smile and in timely manner.

The pool on the 76th floor is undoubtedly the most breath-taking feature of the hotel. It was never crowded, and offered a beautiful peace & tranquility of the city. My other favorite part about the hotel were the beds and the comforter. Whatever it was made of, it was heavenly. I briefly contemplated bringing the bed and comforter home, but it wouldn't fit in my suitcase :)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank epicurious_chicagoan
Hello epicurious_chicagoan,

Sincere thanks for taking the time to share your recent W Hong Kong experience, and I am pleased to learn you had a wonderful stay with us; in addition, most aspects met your expectations during your visit. I was delighted to learn that our talent has delivered our signature Whatever / Whenever service to you and your mother upon arrival; we understand sometimes it is overwhelming and exhausting from a long haul flight

epicurious_chicagoan, please accept my sincere gratitude for taking your valuable time to share your experience with us, and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to W Hong Kong in a very near future!

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2011

I don't write reviews very often, but my stay at the Hong Kong W has been truly exceptional. The first thing you notice is the space -- that its attractive and well designed is a given; what is surprising is the number of places you pause to consciously acknowlege that something has been well done. Like the elevators from the ground floor to the lobby. Or the entrance to the pool. Or the view of the harbour from the bed in your suite. Little things, to be sure, but the kind of little things that make an experienced traveler stop and smile.
The second thing you notice is that the staff manage to strike the perfect balance between deferential and cool. Its as if they intuitively know when you need a professional to solve a problem, and when you need a friend to explain where the beautiful people will be on a Thursday night. Its easy to get one or the other, but hard to get them both right. These guys just nail it.
I'm not sure when I'll be in Hong Kong again, but there is no way I'd stay anywhere else.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank Jess Y
Hello Jess Y,

Sincere thanks for taking the time to share your recent W Hong Kong experience, and I am pleased to learn you had a marvelous stay with us; in addition, most aspects met your expectations during your visit.

It’s wonderful to know you had enjoyed the hotel facilities and our talent had delivered our signature Whatever/Whenever service to you time and time again.

Jess Y, it will definitely be our pleasure in welcoming you back to our World of W whenever you are in the city!

new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

The W is convenient-right at the train station from the airport with free suttle service to the main part of Kowloon. The staff was very well trained and friendly. The view from the rooms is spectacular. The bar in the lobby is a little loud. The attached mall has great stores, restaurants and a supermarket.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank susannyNewYork
Hello susannyNewYork,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience; I am very delighted to learn that you had a fabulous stay with us at the W Hong Kong.

susannyNewYork, we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to our World of W very soon!

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2011

We used our Starwood points to stay at the W Hong Kong for free, and with my Amex Platinum Card, we were upgraded to a room with a harbour view. Here are my plusses and minuses:

+ The room is very nice and decently sized. The decor is modern, and the bed, of course, is super comfortable. I loved the bathroom with its great shower, sliding doors and plenty of lighting. I didn't mind the heavy concrete feel to the bathroom, but it may turn some people off. I also liked the concrete seating by the desk that can also serve as a place to put your luggage. My main gripe is that it took us 15 minutes to figure out how to turn the various electronic functions on. Is it possible for a room to be too high-tech?
+ Our room had wonderful views of West Kowloon, partial HK skyline and the harbour area.
+ Wonderful service at the front and concierge desks.
+ Great gym on the 73rd floor with a helpful trainer who approached me with advice to improve my form.
+ Great location. The hotel sits on top of the Kowloon MTR Station and bus terminal with easy connection to Hong Kong Island and a direct train to the Airport. If you want to get to TST and Nathan Road, you can easily take the bus, minivan or taxi. There is also a fantastic mall - Elements - with lots of eateries, shops and supermarket.

Travel Tips
* Get an Oyster Card when you step off the plane. It was so easy to use the card for all of my public transport needs. Take the double-decker bus, double-decker tram and ferry if you can to maximize your views of HK and Kowloon. Also, you can use the card to make purchases at 7-11 and other stores.
* Don't miss drinks at the Ozone Bar on the 118th floor of the Ritz Carlton next to the W. The view is stunning and a little scary for those who are afraid of heights (like me).
+ My favorite attractions: Hong Kong Museum of History, Lantau and Cheung Chau islands and Dragon's Back Trail

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
10 Thank TCinSF
Hello TCinSF,

Sincere thanks for taking the time to share your recent W Hong Kong experience, and I am pleased to learn you had a fabulous stay with us.

TCinSF, I regret to know that the state-of-the-art audio/video set up in your room had caused some frustration; please do reach out to our Whatever/Whenever team for assistance on your next visit and we will be pleased to assist whatever you require.

TCinSF, please accept my gratitude for your continuous support to W Hong Kong and we are very much looking forward to your next visit very soon.

Hong kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

We had a really nice dinner at the Chinese restaurant - sing yin at the W hotel. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. We have been to all the restaurants at the w hotel and each time the experience has been really good. They make things really easy and straight forward for you. It's never pretentious or complicated and that's why we like going there.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank LIChanlic
Hello LiChanlic,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us.

LiChanlic, I am delighted to know that you have taken the pleasure to dine at our Sing Yin – Cantonese restaurant while you were here. LiChanlic, please accept my sincere gratitude for taking your valuable time to share your feedback with us, and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to W Hong Kong in the very near future!

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

We ended th least of our Asia trip in HK and sooooo glad we booked the W.

Good
Rooms are spectacular with amazing views, we were on 23rd floor with cool view of the harbour
Hotel is ultra modern with sleek finishings that transports you to another time in the future
Even tho standard room, the decor and setup felt like we were in a suite
Didn't partake in the hotel restaurants as the city of HK is one huge edible city with an overwhelming amount of eateries

The Best
Below the hotel and Elements mall is the express train to the airport within the subway. I was able to check my luggage the morning of the flight as there are airline check-in counters right there!! The awesome staff at The W (Eric Lee) helped to checked all my luggage and purchased my train tickets and I didn't have to see the baggage until I arrived in Toronto - it was wonderful! Wished more major cities were this accommodating.

Room Tip: I believe all standard rooms face the harbour but confirm this upon check-in
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank TorontoTraveller1976
ValerieChan, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Hello TorontoTraveller1976,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience; I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us at the W Hong Kong and most aspects met your expectations

In addition, please accept my sincere gratitude for the comment on our talent – Eric and I am very pleased to learn that you had experienced our signature “Whatever/Whenever” service while you were here.

TorontoTraveller1976, thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us and your support to W Hong Kong; I and my team sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our World of W in a very near future!