“Order the risotto balls!”
Review of Bacar Wine Brasserie - CLOSED

Bacar Wine Brasserie
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central
Hong Kong, China
“Order the risotto balls!”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Been a consistent customer of this little gem for 3+ years now. Service is great. Food arrives quickly even when the restaurant is crazy busy. We usually order an assortment of the small bites - risotto balls, shrimp, beef chunks, salad or two, brie cheese, seared tuna, mushroom with tomato and peppers... And those are just our favorites. The pizzas are also great and the Monday deal is great. Book ahead because everyone loves this place!

Hong Kong,
“Bravo Bacar”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Hot Tip is to Book Ahead! Centrally located restaurant on the escalator. Why I keep coming back is the food and service are consistently good, I have never had a bad meal or service here. On Monday nights they have a beer and pizza deal, which is excellent value, and the set lunch Monday to Friday is great also for under $100 HKD. I usually just like their tapas menu, my favorite are the Risotto Balls, yesterday we had the Rocket salad and that was really fabulous and how could I ever miss the shrimp! Plenty of crowd pleasers and plenty of choice for vegetarians. My only complaint is that I don't come often enough. Oh and the wine list is decent well edited mix. It can get really noisy and really busy but the staff have everything running like a well oiled machine. Bravo!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Charm_andsome
Singapore, Singapore
“Cozy Intimate Restaurant/Bar”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

It is a good idea to make a reservation because busy, busy, however if you are dropping in and show up before 6.30pm you can usually get a table.I've been going to this restaurant for 5 years and never been disappointed, the food is perfectly balanced, tasty and well presented. My recommendation are their "small bites", because the food is just too darn good to eat only one dish!! Try; Portobello mushrooms, stuffed with feta, marinated peppers & sun dried tomatoes, Creamy brie with roasted garlic & focaccia toast, Hummus with a wonderful minted tabbouleh with pita bread, Flash fried lemon squid with harissa aioli (usually I am not a fan of fried food, but this was un-believably light), I could go on, but this is making me hungry...oh and the pizza's are good too. Bon appetite!

1 Thank Marion_Carter1961
Melbourne, Australia
“Great find”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We found Bacar by accident while exploring the escalators, Shelley Street and cross streets. What a find. A great place for dinner or lunch, we sipped a bottle of champagne and grazed across the good value tapas menu for a lazy Saturday lunch on Sept 1 after a big morning of sightseeing. We actually sat at the bar as the front tables were taken and we wanted to be able to view the passing parade. There's a very accurate photo on the Enoteca Group restaurants website to give you a feel. The service was amazing. The surprise dish was the creamy brie with roasted garlic on focaccia toast, simply delicious and inspired originality as a tapas dish (a half a garlic bulb that you scoop out and spread on the toast along with the melting cheese). The parma ham and parmesan croquettes were divine, as were the beef tenderloin chunks in chilli and garlic. They were the three standout dishes of a half a dozen lovely tapas items we tried. We'll be back. We almost did dinner there again the very next night, but got caught out by not booking! A great find.

Stockholm, Sweden
“Excellent food”
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

I just love this place. The tapas is really good. I can recommend the sirlon tuna and the risotto and Parmesan balls. The wine is good. Make an reservation or go threre early to get a table.