Best to steer well clear of this one, don't let its location fool you. Booked for a room with a double bed, they provided two singles. When we asked reception about this, they said only the premium rooms in the upper levels have double beds. To quote "Only about 4-6 of our rooms have double beds and they're all booked out".
After arguing that we specified for a double bed in our reservation (booked 1/2 year in advance!), surprisingly they found a vacant room with a double bed. This was only the start, when we finally got the room we had reserved, the conditions were absolutely horrendous. For starters, the desk was sticky and looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in a few months. The air conditioner did not have any heat setting (it was winter season), well there was but they had conveniently put something into the switch so it couldn't be set (couldn't push the switch to the HOT setting).
To make matters worst, the window behind the head of the bed was not sealed properly so street noise and a cold wind draft was constantly blowing into the room. The actual draft was passing over our heads as we slept. We even tried in vain to seal the window ourselves with the towels provided but alas it did not work. We bared with it since we were only staying for 1-2 nights and after the commotion with the reception we did not want any of our luggage to go missing had we complained again.
We've been to HK multiple times and this is by far the worst hotel, never ever touching this place again especially the attitude shown by one of the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Bonaparte by Rhombus is a micro boutique hotel with an intuitive sense of Cosiness, Comfort & Care. Centrally located between Causeway Bay and Wanchai, it is steps away from the city's major shopping areas including Times Square & SOGO, the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre and financial district. A choice of modern Business, Premium, Deluxe Premium and Executive guestrooms await to pamper visitors. All guestrooms feature superb city views, a mini-bar, a large screen LED TV and are equipped with complimentary handy smartphone with unlimited local & international calls, and unlimited mobile internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel Bonaparte by Rhombus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bonaparte By Rhombus Hotel
- Hotel Bonaparte By Rhombus Hong Kong