“Pricey but great Ancient Chinese feel and Sichuan food/service”
Review of Yun Fu - CLOSED

Yun Fu
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Sheung Wan
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Pricey but great Ancient Chinese feel and Sichuan food/service”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

If you can get over the sticker shock, it's has a wonderful ancient chinese feel and excellent sichuan food. We had a great evening with our good friends and family. Chairs aren't as comfortable as I like to linger.

• Visited July 2011

Helsinki, Finland
“excellent food and good service in unique atmosphere in the heart of Hong Kong”
Reviewed March 20, 2011

As two couples travelling together we were having dinner in Yun Fu while staying in Hong Kong for 3 days in our holiday. Yun Fu was great experience. You can imagine that the corridor to the dining hall takes you to time travel to ancient China.
All together we ordered 8 portions (starters and main course for everyone) and shared them together. We were positively surprised of the spicyness of the portions - apparently they use a lot of Sitchuan pepper in Northern Chinese kitchen. The famous duck was enjoyable. Mussels and clams were delicious. Soft shell crap and wasabi marinated abalone are also worth mentioning.
Would recommend Yun Fu for anyone who wants to enjoy really good Chinese kitchen.

• Visited March 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Decent food. Try the roasted baby lamb if there are enough of you”
Reviewed July 3, 2008

Decent food. Try the roasted baby lamb if there are enough of you

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I had a great dining experience~ the most unique food I have had in a long time.. Great decor and impeccable service...”
Reviewed May 23, 2008

I had a great dining experience~ the most unique food I have had in a long time.. Great decor and impeccable service. Whenever I would reach over to the tea pot to pour myself more tea, a staff member would rush over to pour it for me.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Cute (and expensive) Tibetan themed restaurant in Lan Kwai Fong. Interesting twists on Chinese cuisine.”
Reviewed May 23, 2008