“Great, authentic Dim Sum”

Super Star Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #1,556 of 8,549 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
New York City, New York
“Great, authentic Dim Sum”
Reviewed May 7, 2011

We had such a great time going here for dim sum during a 48-hour jaunt to Hong Kong that we came back the next day (and we came from Manhattan so we can get a pretty decent version where we are).

Both days we were there are on the early side, before 11am, and were the only white folks there; the rest were all Chinese - always a good sign. The waiter we had, a woman wearing a nametag saying "Stephen," was attentive but feisty and wound up doubling as entertainment with all her antics. Everything we had was outstanding - okay, most of it - a couple things were weird. And as white tourists, we had no problem ordering some of the dishes shaped like animals; the fried sesame pork buns shaped like elephants were as tasty as they were adorable.

So good, and great location if you're staying at any TST hotel.

• Visited April 2011
2 Thank dberkowitz

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Virginia
“Outstanding Grand Center Branch in Kowloon”
Reviewed February 13, 2011

I have enjoyed eating at the branch of the Super Star Seafood Restaurant Group at Grand Center in Kowloon. I am happy to report that this restaurant serves very good and authentic Chinese cuisine, including Dim Sum and other dishes. Each time I have visited, I was the only non-Chinese person in the quite large restaurant. The restaurant is clean, comfortable and very attractive, and has attentive waiters and other staff. It is a very busy restaurant, with prices comparable to other dim sum and more up-scale restaurants in Hong Kong. There is a good variety of food, and what should be warm/hot is served warm/hot. Like most/all Hong Kong restaurants, English is not well understood, but I felt very comfortable and welcomed and was able to order based on photos and some limited English descriptions in the menus. I have enjoyed such things as GREAT jelly fish, pan fried sticky rice, very good noodles and dumplings of various kinds, nice deserts, and more at this restaurant.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank travelfacets
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“They don't speak English and they are shy...”
Reviewed September 28, 2010

They don't speak English and they are shy servicing English speaking customer. This is not your regular push cart dim sum, everything is made to order. Food is excellent. Orgasmic. Service is bad. Overall a very positive experience.

1 Thank manjo3
melbourne victoria
“what a let down to say the least!”
Reviewed April 17, 2010

We arrived in Nathan rd and stumbled to what was supposed to be a great restaurant...my wife and I went in and sat down and noticed that the place was run down and not at all inviting. We asked for the menu but it took some time but some appetizer was brought out and we started munching the dried fish and peanut combination dish. To my surprise the menu was in Chinese and I asked for something in English....none of the waiters spoke English. For a restaurant right smack in the tourist district this is truly amazing (unacceptable for us) Well since tea was poured and we started eating the appetizer, we felt committed to the place and not to leave. The food we chose was totally bland and in short we ended paying $930.00! Yes $930.00. This was a RIP OFF and anyone who has no knowledge of the Chinese menu should not dare eat not unless it is fully explained.
I blame myself for being so hungry. If only I walked a few more meters northwards, we could have had a grand meal which we could read in English.....and 5 times cheaper. I will call it haste and inexperience. This will not happen again.
Do not make the same mistake we made.....don't eat here.

1 Thank julianq
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Enjoyed the steamed fish...”
Reviewed December 6, 2008

Enjoyed the steamed fish and numerous dim sum dishes. Very affordable

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook