“good food good service”

Cuisines: Nepali
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central
Reviewed March 9, 2012

We loved the food and the place was fast and clean.

Reviewed February 23, 2012

A good selection of Nepalese food delivered in good fashion. The prices are what I feel are slightly high, but the Soho area can command them.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

Nepal is one of Hong Kong's secrets and easily overlooked. I have eaten here about five times and the food has been pretty good. This place can get busy like every decent place in Hong Kong so you might want to book ahead.
It is a little gem amongst some very mediocre establishments in SoHo.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

I have visited this restaurant a few times, and am never disappointed with the welcome you receive. So much so that I have recommended it to friends who are travelling to HK on a number of occasions.

I never have a clue what to order, so I always ask for a mix of different dishes across fish, chicken, lamb etc, and the result never disappoints. I am sure this is not the cheapest way of doing it, and if you are good on Nepalese food then you will know what you are ordering. They have awards coming out of their ears, and having experienced it all I understand why.

The taste of the food is amazing, and I would go as far as to say this is my favourite restaurant at the minute.

Food is not cheap, but you get what you pay for, and I have never once in perhaps half a dozen visits been disappointed with either the food, drink or service.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

Wandering around Soho you are spoilt for choice for eateries. On purpose we had decided to walk around before the early evening rush started. Noticed the Nepal was open and had some tables free. The restaurant probably only has 24 covers so normally unless you book you will be out of luck.

My partner had not tasted Nepalese food before so we were a little bit conservative in the meal choices, Mamocha (HK$60) for starters, My partner had Khasi-Ko Sekuwa (a beef steak) (HK$126), whilst I had the Nepal Basket, chicken, beef, lamb and fish (HK$148), Saffron Rice (HK$58) and Naan Bread (HK$32). The staff are attentive without being overpowering and very helpful. I asked if they could make up some cucumber and mint raita (its not on the menu) and 3 minutes later a bowl of fresh made raita appeared. Just the thing to remove the fire from the food!

One wee tip, my partner had a "Yak Tail Cocktail" (HK$58) and said it tasted Yeuckk! Whilst i stayed with bottles of Tsing Tao (HK$48 each). Coffees at HK$30 rounded off a very enjoyable meal and one we would definately have again.

All up the bill including the local 10% tax was HK$971 (approx £80 STG) Which would be about the same as a similar restaurant in Glasgow. The price was on a par with a lot of the Soho restaurants where you often pay because of the area!

The people watching was highly enjoyable too!