“Fresh sashimi”

NOBU (InterContinental Hong Kong)
Ranked #35 of 8,546 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Japanese, International
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Description: NOBU, the world's most acclaimed Japanese restaurant, is renowned for its innovative new-style Japanese cuisine by world famous chef Nobu Matsuhisa. One of the world’s “Hot Tables” by Conde Nast Traveler USA on its prestigious “Hot List”. NOBU InterContinental Hong Kong, showcases Nobu’s signature dishes, as well as new creations using local ingredients. NOBU InterContinental Hong Kong was designed by the Rockwell Group, who created the original NOBU in New York in 1994 and has designed many of the NOBU restaurants internationally. With panoramic views overlooking Victoria Harbour and Hong Kong Island, NOBU InterContinental Hong Kong features a stunning yet intimate dining room inclusive of a sushi bar. Both the bar lounge and exclusive private dining room (for up to 14 guests) also have magnificent views of Victoria Harbour and Hong Kong Island. The design of NOBU InterContinental Hong Kong is inspired by Chef Nobu Matsuhisa's innovative cooking and the imagery of the Japanese countryside where he grew up. Traditional and modern Japanese elements, combined with the influence of water inspired by the adjacent Victoria Harbour, culminate in this intimate, yet dynamic dining experience. Food and architecture evolve into waves of movement and serenity. Key design elements within the restaurant include a unique undulating sea urchin ceiling and custom-made bamboo embedded terrazzo. At the bar, a cascade of black riverstones frames glistening imagery of Japanese cherry blossoms, a signature feature of the Nobu experience. Open daily for lunch and dinner; serves Afternoon Tea every Saturday and Sunday from 2:30-5pm.
Sudbury, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh sashimi”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We love Nobu for their sashimi. The restaurant was always busy, we had no reservation, so we had no choice but to sit at the sushi counter, although a table with a view would be my choice (that's where they normally put you when you have no reservation). I ordered some sushi a sashimi salad and a dessert, they were all very tasty and burnt a hole in my purse : ).

• Visited January 2013

• Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
“Excellent Fusion Japanese cuisine in Hong Kong”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Went there for dinner. We ordered a set dinner which cost about HKD1200 including drinks. The food was delicious. I wouldnt call it authentic japanese, more like fusion but very innovative. The chef used fresh ingredients and all the dishes complimented each other. The only thing that bothered me was that even though there was a lot of variety, but at the end of the meal, i still didnt feel full ;( ( i am a big eater) Maybe i would ask for some rice next time.
Would definitely like to go back.

• Visited December 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
“Order their black cod fish!”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is a very expensive place to dine, but good for special occasions. Went there for lunch. I could tell that their fish was very fresh and was perfectly cooked. I’d recommend you to have the black cod. Not quite authentic Japanese, but a bit American fusion. The noodles were fine. Service was okay. View was amazing.

• Visited December 2012
“Great Food and Views.”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I visited Nobu a few years ago and was underwhelmed by the experience so I never went back. Recently I was in HK and passing by the Intercontinental at lunchtime with some time to spare so I decided to give the restaurant another chance.

I was able to walk in on a Saturday at 1PM and get a solo table with no fuss, though the restaurant did fill up soon after. There was space at the sushi bar but then your back is to the incredible view. I had a fine water-view table towards the left of the restaurant. They did me the courtesy of not trying to seat me near the service, so I was quite happy.

Went with the Chef's Tasting Lunch Menu. 7 courses over about an hour and a half. The menu, supposedly, changes daily depending on what is available fresh. They did ask if I had any preferences or restrictions.

Service was OK, nothing to write home about but nothing objectionable. The tempo of the food arrivals was perfect, and my sake glass was never empty - yet nobody hovered.

First was the toro tartar with caviar. There's not picture because I felt compelled to start eating it the moment it arrived. It was really fantastic - great flavor and a perfect temperature, thanks to the ice jacket it is served in.

Second was the hamachi in jalapenos. Normally not my go-to sashimi fish, but this was prepared beautifully. The jalapenos really worked well with the fish and the acid.

Third was the Alaskan King Crab tempura. I was a bit skeptical about tempura-ing such a delicate meat, and I think it was a tad overdone - but the flavors were good and the portion was quite generous.

Forth was the famed Miso Black Cod. Nothing to complain about here. Buttery flesh cooked perfectly and the surprise hit for me was the ginger stem on top that was absolutely delicious.

Fifth was USDA Prime beef with mushrooms. I was surprised that they didn't offer Kobe or even Wagyu but it was delicious (a touch salty, which I like but others don't). The beef was perfectly rare and melted in the mouth. The medley of mushrooms was a nice complement.

Sixth was the sushi platter, and placement of this dish after the cooked beef was great. I was pleased to see another piece of o-toro. I was also served a bowl of miso-soup which I didn't touch as I was starting to get quite full.

Lastly, the dessert, which was another great surprise. A Suntory Whisky cream 'Cappuccino'. Whisky ice cream over a mocha crumble. I don't think I left a single scrap in the cup.

Overall a great meal. I wasn't rushed or hurried at any point, and the view is worth lingering over.

• Visited January 2013
Hong Kong, China
“Sensational!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Booked a table the night before yet still got the best table with the best view of the city.
Had a really great time there as the food was phenomenal and even better than the NObu we tried in London. The service was ok, the waiters are a bit slow but they are still attentive and friendly. It costs a bomb but its worth the money :).

• Visited November 2012