“Hot tasty food at a good price !”
Review of Coyote Bar & Grill

Coyote Bar & Grill
Ranked #195 of 9,700 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Description: Friendly staff, lively atmosphere, and great Tex-Mexican food makes the “New” Coyote Bar & Grill one of the most popular venues in Wanchai. Established over 10 yrs ago, and to this day is considered the best Premium Tequila and Margarita bar in Hong Kong, with over 75 choices and counting. With a spacious setting of over 3000 square feet (two-levels) and its colorful décor, Coyote Bar & Grill is the perfect party venue for gatherings and private parties, and we have lots of party packages available.
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Fancied a bit a mexican food and stumbled across this establishment. I am familiar with the one in Bangkok so I thought the food should be up to the same standard. Its was ! Good set lunch for 105 HKD for 3 courses. Large size portions and a nice lively atmosphere.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

I realize this is Hong Kong, and my expectations should be low for good Mexican food. However, this corporate chain restaurant is so disappointing. The staff that I encountered we're somewhat rude and impatient. The we ordered fajitas and an appetizer. The appetizer never came and the fajitas were not sizzling. I will say the mango margarita was delicious. Overall poor performance, and won't be coming back.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

I've been here 3 times now and have enjoyed every experience! Being from the US I deeply miss good mexican food, but this bar/restaurant has a great atmosphere and even better drink specials. One of the few places I've been in Asia that have great margaritas. If you show up before 8PM you can get buy 1 get 1 drinks and even cheaper appetisers. I recommend their queso dip and chimichangas. They also have some good chicken wings if you are looking for some American flair.
**My only suggestion is to avoid bringing children with you unless you come before 8PM. Wan Chai is known for its strip clubs and pick up bars and they are next to this place. Do not let that put you off, but avoid going later so you do not have to answer your son's questions about the ladies hanging outside the local nightclubs!**

Reviewed April 15, 2012

I tried El Coyote on the recomendation of an associate. Not sure if I'll give them a second chance, but my lunch today was one of the worst service experiences I've had in some time.

Let me start with a positive - the food was very good. The seared tuna salad and pulled pork sandwich were both well prepared and presented. My drink was... wait, I never got my drink, which brings us to the service.

So, I walk in and ask for a table by the street. There is one left. As the hostess is showing me to the table and handing me a menu, a man walks in from outside and sits down at the table. I look at the hostess, who says nothing to the man, but just stares back at me and asks if I'd like a table in the back. Rather than argue with this obviously apathetic server, I left.

Deciding to give them a second chance, I returned ten minutes later and found another server. I was seated (in the back) and given a few minutes to review the menu. I ordered, and aked for one small substitution - beans instead of potatoes as a side dish. The answer came back from the kitchen, no can do. Now, I fully understand no substitutions for main course ingredients or major elements of a meal. But to refuse scooping beans into a side bowl instead of hash browns...?? I changed my order to another item, and ordered a drink (water). The meal was delivered in a reasonable time, and was quite good. But I never got my drink, even after asking three time to two different servers. This was at 14:30 on Sunday afternoon, with the restaurant 3/4 empty.

Not an impressive performance. A shame, because the food was pretty good.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

i was positively surprised about the food quality of this bar. On the first look you might not expect this. The atmosphere is not really cozy but it is a good start for a party sll night long.