“HORRIBLE service, gross rooms, its like you owe them money”
Review of Embassy Hotel

and 1 more site!
Embassy Hotel
Ranked #127 of 158 Specialty Lodging in Hong Kong
oakland
“HORRIBLE service, gross rooms, its like you owe them money”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed there at the Isreal room. WOW.. its a tiny kid's room 10'x8' with a closet converted into a bathroom 2'wide x3long' with a shower above the toilet . Its Laughable. For $63USD, the worker hates her job, it was a good thing i spoke cantonese, because we got scolded like we owe her money. "i don't know if you have a reservation here, i have to call the owner, the owner is not here, i can't give you a room if the owner isn't here." WOW.. i can' only imagine if i was a foreigner.
-BRING YOUR OWN Towels
-HAHHAHA.. good luck if you depend on toiletries because they don't have any
-there's hair found in the bed. GROSS!!
-the carpet is dirty,
-you are WARNED to turn off the AC when you leave, i left it on and she was not hesitant to go into your room after to turn it off..

the location was the only good part

Room Tip: if you are broke and want to pay $63/night to rest your eyes, stay here otherwise go somewhere else...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Jayous

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The hotel is well locatated on Nathan road. The entrance to Jordon MTR is across the road. The area Feels very safe. It is also close to the temple market. Also not far from Ladies market.. Bowling street night market also.There are plenty of restaurants and mcdonalds if you want to have western food. The staff could not speak english. I stayed with my chinese friend for 3 days while I was there. She said the staff were very rude. I know they did not clean my room for the whole 10 days a was there. Other guest were complaining about this also. My chinese friend asked them to clean the room. They told they cleaned once a week. There was no evidence of this. The reception was often left unmanned. I left to stay in macau for(after 10 Days) 3 days very early in the morning. I found the receptionist sleeping in one of the rooms I needed my $100 key depost back. When I returned at 5pm 3 days later other guests had to let me into the hotel as nobody was on reception. The rooms are very very small. Me and my case cound hardly fit in the room. Everything needed to be rearranged to get some sleep. The hotel was very cheap and in a good location. If you can stand the points I mentioned above its an ok place to stay

Room Tip: If you dont like confined places dont go:)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ENSORS
New York
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a very good location, close to the MTR and everything. The hotel room is very small without window. If one is not asking for too much, the room is efficient enough for just a good night sleep. I stayed in the hotel again after coming back from a short trip to mainland China. This time they put me in a room in a building across the street. All the rooms have different themes. The room they put me in this time has pictures of children. I have to admit some of the pictures made me feel creepy, reminded me of the movie " Children of the Corn."

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Gl0betr0tter_NYC
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stay for 4 days and 3 nights. The location is just next to Jordon MTR station so it's very convenient. The service however, was terrible.

There were 2 cleaners, one thin and one fat; The fat one was courteous but the thin one was out of this world, in every sense of the word - rude. She'd find fault in whatever I do, eg The pantry was outside my room and as I was pouring hot water, she deliberately knocked my hand that was holding the hot water, splashing the floor and my hand and leg, I felt so angry that I almost retaliated by splashing the reminding hot water on her face! She proceeded to scold me that I wasn't supposed to store milk in the fridge but it was advertised that guests could indeed do so, another cleaner that I double-checked with confirmed that I could.

Once when I went to a bookstore beside the hotel, she came up to me and scolded me, saying because I paid money for the hotel room, I should switch off the air-con and lights before heading out. While she pointed out that those things weren't done, her own more important and necessary responsibilities; room cleaning and arranging weren't done at all in my entire stay! The bedsheets, pillow cases, vacuuming the floor and dustbin clearings weren't done during stay.

Another was the narrow entrance, to head out of the hotel, one has to press the exit button many times to get out. Basically, it's spoilt and yet it wasn't fixed. So I stood beside it and next to me was the counter, waiting for my husband to come, and there she was again, she carried a small rack and pushed me away and put it where I originally stood, scolding me "If I lose money in the counter, I'd come find you!" What nonsensical statement!

The hotel exterior looked good and I have to admit that I was kinda impressed by it, so were some foreigners that I saw who looked at it. At the hotel lobby, the hotel owner had photos of him posing with high-ranking officials of many countries and it was advertised as a 3 star hotel. But it was my worst hotel stay. The verbal and physical abuse heaped on me by the cleaner made me scared to head out of my hotel room. The owner made the hotel looked good, superficially, yet staff quality left alot to be desired.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank loos962

Travelers are raving about these Hong Kong hotels

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Besides the location, all are bad.
The receptionist don't know others languages besides cantonese. She is so rude too when talking to travelers.
Regarding the room, overall consider acceptable, especially toilet...too clean, i like it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank 33ve
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I would like to complain the Embassy Hotel Hong Kong. The receptionists are very rude. Before arrival, I emailed them about my early check-in or arrival, they replied to my email which you can see the email/conversation trail below and they said that we can leave our luggage at their luggage are and be be back by 2pm but when we arrive at around 11am, they refuse to let me in, they even push my 72 year grandmother away and even I while holding my 2 year old child and our heavy luggage. They said that we need to be back by 2pm for the check-in. They don't speak English which makes it harder for me to communicate with them. They did not entertain me. This is very frustrating. They did not even give back my HKD 100.00 key deposit because they don't want to entertain me during check-out so I left the key on their counter table. I want them to refund my HKD 100.00 key deposit.I cannot let that rude attitude affect another guest in this hotel. They can talk to me in a nice way, no need for them to push us away. I can really sue them for pushing/hurting my grandmother and I. This is really a bad experience from this hotel

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank Danica P
Richardson, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Only reason I even give this "hotel" a star is because the good location and the cleaness of the room. Other than that it's a nightmare! To put in perspective how big the rooms are, it's the size of a king size bed! Yes, the whole room! shower is good if you like only COLD showers! Than there's the service. A " receptionist" dressed in shorts and flip flops will advice you to pay a deposit of HK$100 even tough it's not listed anywhere online nor from my Hotels.com invoice. Of course when I tried to inquire about the fees all I got was a rude "take it or leave it " reply. So I fork over the money thinking I'm too tired to deal with it after my 18 hours of flight with my oversized luggage, I just want to go lay down. To my unpleasant surprise she then informed me that I must take my luggage and go back outside to another building where my room is supposed to be and It's ONLY accoss the street!! Bottom line, I will NEVER stay at this dump again even if it was free!!

• Stayed September 2012