Ovolo Central
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
$193
$149
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$237
$533
$380
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
Metropark Hotel Kowloon(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
$113
Hotel ICON Official Website
$172
Agoda.com
  • Pool
The Langham, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$294
$244
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsapple tvfree mini barlan kwai fonggoodie bagwyndham streetfree happy hourgreat hotelself laundrythought of everythinghollywood roadfree breakfastthe hotel managerlittle extrasnespresso machinepeak trambars and restaurantslight sleeper
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We recently stayed in this little boutique hotel for a number of days on our way back from a tour of mainland China and would highly recommend it to travellers wanting a great place to stay in the Lan Kwai Fong area and close to Soho as well.

The staff were fantastic, the rooms were great, there was a free mini bar after a busy/hot day’s shopping and sightseeing and even a goodie bag when you got in late at night. Overall the accommodation, service and amenities were fantastic, it was clean and the staff were also very friendly and extremely helpful with any request we made.

We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to fellow travellers, looking for something a little different.

Well done Ovolo.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dallas N
Helen L, Hotel Manager at Ovolo Central, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear newda02, What a fantastic review! Thank you for taking your time to leave such a great review on tripadvisor. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly for your future bookings!

All the best,

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Highly recommend this small hotel, just above LAN Kwai Fong. The rooms were great, free mini bar, free laundry service, goodie bags when you get in late at night and wonderful staff. Would definitely return on our next visit.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank VictoriaL274
Helen L, Hotel Manager at Ovolo Central, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear VictoriaL247, I thank you so much for the 5 star review on tripadvisor. Happy you enjoyed all the special features we offer to our guests at Ovolo. Please le me know when Hong Kong enters your travel plans so we can host you again.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Am a recent business traveller to HK. It's been a struggle to find a hotel which doesn't swiftly become a pain. To date, have experienced : paper-thin walls; extreme air-conditioning random walk; rock-hard beds; tiny, tiny rooms; noisy rooms; poor shower rooms; etc etc. (Insert total First World Problem whinge here). Manfully, I've struggled on. What a trooper....

I think the struggle is over. Was at Ovolo from 19 to 23 May - put simply, it's the best hotel I've found in HK. Walking distance to the office in Central. Rooms with sufficient size that you can get out of bed without also finding yourself in either the lavatory or the street. Good showers. Great, friendly staff. Nice ambience. Room to work. There were the well-advertised "groovy" touches - scoff bags when you get in from the pub; nibbles and free miniatures in the rooms.

The only downsides were not a downside of the hotel, but of being in Central in HK - the occasional thud-thud of a nearby night club's sound-system drifting up into the room (Dragon-i, I think ?); the occasional smash of a dropped bottle hitting the street in LKF. But these were miniscule objections to the positives about the place. I would rate this for couples even though I was there on business. I didn't eat in the cafe downstairs (but appreciated the breakfast vouchers nonetheless), I didn't try the gym.

In summary, it was everything (and a little more) that I have been looking for. I will be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank J R

Dear J R, Our team are delighted to read your in-depth review. Thank you. It gives us plenty of re-assurance that we offered everything you had been looking for. We are certainly looking forward to giving you a warm welcome back to Ovolo in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly for assistance with your bookings!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I stayed here for the Rugby 7s weekend. Its vicinity to LKF was key in my decision to book here. The apartment was superb, great bathroom, very quiet, the only thing lacking was the provision of a proper room service. I did manage to get a pizza from a restaurant next door (which was massive!!) I would stay here again.

Room Tip: High floor room
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Helen L, Hotel Manager at Ovolo Central, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear Franc0Sc0tt, Thank you for your 5 star review on Tripadvisor. I am so happy you found the accommodation superb! Your feedback on room service is also greatly appreciated. Please stay with us again anytime and feel free to contact me directly for future bookings.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed May 31, 2014

We enjoyed a great service at Ovolo Hotel, employees at reception and the entrance were utmost helpful. The room was perfect for our needs, modern, all you need with respect to minibar and Nespresso coffee machine and clean. The location of the hotel in Hong Kong Central couldn't be better.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Helen L, Hotel Manager at Ovolo Central, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

Dear AlCaNiLa, Thank you for your 5-star review of Ovolo 2 Arbuthnot Road! We really appreciate your kind words about our service, modern room and location. Please let me know the next time HK enters your travel plans so we can host you at Ovolo again. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!