“Great quality/price for sushi”

Sen-ryo Century Square
Ranked #1,081 of 7,948 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Hong Kong
“Great quality/price for sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

We go to Sen-Ryo in IFC all the time and we would be going even more often if it wasn't for the wait. Sen-Ryo serves fresh and good quality sushi and sashimi made available via a food travelator or on order. It's ideal for a quick eat at the end of a busy day, the service is very pleasant and fast, the food is fresh, and it's among the cheapest sushi in town.

If only it could stay open later (it closes at 10pm on weekdays) it would be ideal.

• Visited July 2011

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Ottawa, Canada
“It was what it was”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

Great selection of fresh prepared sushi but not my favorite by a long shot. I have to admit that I may not be a sushi expert and maybe what I've grown to know and love in Canada is not 'authentic'. But, this meal did not quite do it for me.

Great green tea on the table and some fine salmon sashimi...but I'm used to maki rolls and seaweed salad. This was a bit out of my realm. I won't give a bad review but will just say it's not my style

• Visited July 2011
Mengerskirchen, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My favourinte sushi restaurant chain in Hong Kong”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2011

I frequently travel to Hong Kong for business and sushi is one of my favourite foods there. Among the many sushi restaurants or restaurant chains in HK, sen-ryo is to me the best in price and quality. The dishes are really fresh and the restaurant also offers seasonal specialities. One of my favourites there is seared salmon with black peper or the salmon salat with wasabi. You can find the menu on the website: http://www.sen-ryo.com.hk/en/menu/sushi.html
I always go to the restaurant in Kowloon, Sun Arcade, Shop B06B, Basement.

• Visited June 2011
Jakarta, Indonesia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,030 helpful votes
“good japanese food in hk”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2011

when I was a 14 years old student, the only sushi place I came is genki sushi in singapore, it was known for the cheap sushi.

then I was back to Jakarta, they finally open one genki sushi sen ryo, more fine genki sushi in grand indonesia. I came there and disappointed with their quality, may be because indonesia is too far so their fishes is not fresh anymore, but when sushi tei and kiyadon able to make their fish fresh why genki dont? and look when they convert it to indonesian rupiah it turn out to be extremely expensive.

then I came to HK and see genki sushi sen ryo, the same menu with the tsukiji fish market in japan. so I try it, we only spent around 500hkd for 2 person every time we dine there. its not expensive! when they mean sushi they mean sushi, a little sashimi. there is no this and that don or udon or whatever is that.
this is the only place for me and partner to went it whenever we see their sign, without thinking twice.

genki sushi is always good. and they mean it. I always be a fans for genki sushi ever since im a teenager till today.

• Visited March 2011
2 Thank PapayaMelon
Northampton, United Kingdom
“great sushi at a great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2010

we happened to stumble on this gem whilst spending 3 days in hk. i had a look at the menu outside the restaurant and was intrigued by the value for what appeared to be great looking sushi...

pros - best "budget" sushi i've had, go for the seared sushi - it's incredible
cons - apparently you have to wait 30-60' for a seat, so i recommend going to the sen-ryo @ the elements mall (kawloon station) instead of the branch on hk island

we paid a total of 40 gbp for sake, maki rolls, soft drinks, and lots of "high end sushi"

bottom line;
great sushi restaurant, good quality sushi, decent service for what you pay for, clean, not badly priced considering. a must if you like sushi
**try the high fat seared tuna sushi - it was incredible!

3 Thank shamrock1337