“Great Mexican food, let down by plastic plates and poor service.”
Review of Taco Loco - CLOSED

Taco Loco
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: Central
Neighborhood: Central
Hong Kong, China
“Great Mexican food, let down by plastic plates and poor service.”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great classic Mexican. However very disappointed when meals were served on plastic plates and condiments came in tiny plastic containers that had no were near enough. You were charged for more condiments.

Visited August 2013

• Korean first
“Close down already!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Every review that is negative about this place is right on the money. Only people who do not know the true joys of Mexican food would categorise this as a 'Mexican' restaurant. A tiny venue, this restaurant is cramped, and food served with plastic utensils (oh boy)...and the flavour of the food (nachos buried in bland refried beans is just one example) is just not even close to good. The habanero sauce is the closest you'll get to true Mexican flavour in this place. Avoid.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank japanagogo
Hong Kong, China
“A bunch of thiefs. Stay away!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Lately I've heard some other friend a having a similar experience that reminded me when I went there last year. It was late evening and we only ordered one taco and a coke in two people as we were already getting ready to go home. The quality of the food was rather bad and we did not even finish it and decided to go. There was only another table with guests in the restaurant and I had noticed that they had already paid, so when our bill turned out to be $250, we realized that was something wrong... The two waiters started chatting in Nepalese over the counter and then told us that the bill was mistakenly given to us and that it was actually for another table. I complained that they were trying to cheat us and the guy started shouting at me, so I threatened to call the police but my friend suggested we go away and never go back. We paid the right amount and left. NEVER GOING BACK AGAIN!

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Marco R
“Robbed!”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Wish I'd read these reviews before I ate lunch there this afternoon. I arrived at 2:30pm. Nobody was in the Restaurant. The only Staff I could see was on the phone. I asked if they were open for lunch. His reply 'No'. I was about to walk out, and as an afterthought asked if food on the Menu was still available? He handed me the Menu. I couldn't help but overhear his conversation as he was doing a Job interview over the phone. After 15min, he asked the person on the phone to Hold while he took my order. Enchilada, and 2 Taco's. His interview continued while I waited. Eventually my Food arrived, and he asked the caller to Hold again.
I couldn't eat the Taco's. Deep Fried Pork - Very Very Deep Fried. But it was the Enchilada, that shocked me most. Served in an oven foil dish, Cold from the Fridge.
After 1 bite of the food I asked for the Bill. He had now Hung Up and was talking to a friend who had come into the restaurant. He asked if I would like it packed up and taken home.
I told him it was not edible. He still asked for $188 for my 2 bites.
Taco Loco - your a bunch of Thieves.

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank A E
“Average but overpriced”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Good location, decent service, however as people have said the food is rather unremarkable. I don't think it is bad as others have said, just not especially memorable. Also I had a chicken burrito+2 pineapple juices and it came to HKD120 which is a bit steep. However it is quite common for that area. There are other Mexicans nearby so maybe shop around.