“Walk straight past”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Taco Loco - CLOSED

Taco Loco
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Central
Perth, Australia
“Walk straight past”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

It is undoubtedly the worst food in Hong Kong I have been served in 1.5 years of living here. Not edible at all. Stay on that escalator and keep on going.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank TheCleaner

• Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“Ave Mexican at a reasonable price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

Have been going to Taco Loco for 4 years now. Used to go about once a week and then the food and margarita's headed south. Mexican food in Hong Kong is typically not great and overpriced but the Sizzling Fajita's at Taco Loco are good value - the only thing I would recommend eating. I had a couple of margarita's a few weeks back and they were pretty good too.

• Visited January 2012
Hong Kong, China
“Grim”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

As you head up the mid levels escalator more and more restaurants are accessed - good ones too. Unfortunately we didn't know this until fairly recently, and as Taco Loco is one of the first places that comes in to view my girlfriend and I, starving one night popped in for a meal. If you eat out often then I guess you have to accept that some places are going to be better than others, but I was annoyed at just how badly we got caught out here. Both our dishes were tasteless, lukewarm, soggy and the chicken in mine looked a long way past it's best. It's cheap, and that always appeals to me but it's not worth it, there is so many other really great options in Hong Kong that you shouldn't waste your money or your time here. I don't really like writing bad reviews but something need to be done about this place. It's so well located and could be so good but it isn't - absolutely the opposite.
As a final word I should add that we went to the same restaurant on holiday in 2007 and had a great meal. Reading other reviews from around that time I see some (but not all even then!) others had a positive experience too, so there has been a real deterioration in the last year or so.

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank TommoandRossy
Los Angeles, California
“Totally agree with others”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

Was craving for Mexican and this was one I found on the net that was recommended. WRONG, if I had checked TA I would have gone to Agave and I should have! Ordered a Carne Asada Burrito and the meat was fatty and VERY chewy! 7 Layer Nacho was ABSOLUTELY GROSS. What a horrible experience.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank daikin
Hong Kong, China
“Go to Tequila instead”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

I think the only reason this place is still going it because of the location. The food is aweful, honestly the meat was gross & the nachos must have come from a 7/11 microwave. Every time I go up the escalator and see all the tourists eating in there I feel sorry for them . So much good food to be had in Hong Kong I can't understand how these guys stay open.

• Visited January 2011