See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for two nights on the 32nd floor. I booked it despite reviews because my tour agent assured me it was 5 star. Nope!!! Room looked like a Motel 6 with orange carpet, dirty bath and outdated art and carpet. I can’t describe the smell. Clearly they were covering smoke with a Ferber even type smell but it was terrible. My eyes and nose burned all night. The lobby was old as well. My local guide laughed when I asked about it being a 5 star. He said it was “ a nice hotel in 1998.” Maybe then but not now. They barely spoke English and the breakfast was just ok. Food was cold at 6 am when the restaurant opened.

The mall attached is very expensive but nice. We shopped but didn’t buy. We ate at Ali and Ed in the mall which made some vegetarian spaghetti for us. There were Asian restaurants, but not a food court per se.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for one night, close to everything needed. The room was adequate clean and tidy. Breakfast was good enough and the service was ok. Air con only just adequate and a bit old. The bed not so comfortable so may try another hotel next time. But would stay again if necessary.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

Location is in the heart of Chongqing city centre! Food (cafe, restaurants) and Shopping just outside the hotel.

Service from the staff is ok. Breakfast at Level 7 was just basic. They have renovated the cafe, brighter and fresh looking!

However, rooms and overall hotel appearance is very old. The lighting and aircondition bedside panel is the very old fashion type (see the photo enclosed).

I stayed at level 29. Basically I could hear the outside noise (cars, construction, music, people shouting or rather talking) quite clearly. Hotel is linked to a not so happening shopping. Very quiet mall!

Try out the chinese hotpot! This is the signature food in Chongqing!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed December 27, 2017

The location is excellent; I reach the hotel at late night by airport shuttle bus, it's very safe as I saw the police patrol on the street.

Inside the fitting is old, not very clean as I try not to clean the insect's body during my 3-night stay and see will the staff aware of the cleaning problem, the answer is no one aware.

I hope the hotel can pay attention to cleanness as the hotel is deteriorating, and if you can not keep the room clean I see no reason why I should stay, as I can choose better for the same price in different hotel

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2017

This hotel advertises itself as a 5 star hotel. Maybe when it was build 19 years ago but definitely only 4 star now. It is showing its age with some of the fittings failing. The two good points are its location right in the centre of the city and the fact that the rooms are very large. It seems that they have started a major renovation from 1 May 2017 but the only evidence is that the lobby lounge is closed.

We were woken up at 6am by an aggressive staff member who proceeded to used her key to open our door before she realized it was the wrong room.

Went to the Chinese restaurant the food was OK. Obviously not popular as we were the only diners.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family