“Excellent hotel”

Doubletree by Hilton Chongqing North
Ranked #12 of 3,293 Hotels in Chongqing
Reviewed March 1, 2014

A very good hotel with wonderful staff and good facilities, spoiled only be the lack of lobby space which is the first thing one notices and can rather unfairly set the tone of the whole hotel. The room are good if a little dark (and not good light switches, a small point but one has to push buttons too many time to get the bathroom lighting as one may want it

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Michael z, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chongqing North, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear Simon L,
Thanks for takeing the time to share your experience with us! We are so glad to hear that you enjoy your stay in DoubleTree by Hilotn Chongqing North, and highly appreciate your suggestion about the lights and switches in room. I will share this important suggestion to our Housekeeping and Engineering team in order to provide you better living experience. Thanks again for choosing us and wish to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

The staff barely speak English. long wait for check-in, check-in staff operated very inefficient and slow quality of breakfast is lousy, hardly any choice of food, the bread and pastry is horrible air con fan in room very loud, cannot be lowered otherwise the fan shuts down completely first I was given a smoking room, which smelled worse than pub the new room still smelled stale and damp choice of TV programmes in English very limited

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment to us.I am so sorry that you didn't enjoy your live in our hotel. I've transmit your suggestion about the check-in speed and English skiil to our FO manager, and we will definately enhance our training of working skills in hope to serve you better. For breakfast issue, we appreciate your suggestions and will share them with our chefs, kitchen staff and servers whose goal is to serve our guests fresh, tasty, healthy meals. We also see that the freshness of the room was a problem during your stay. guest satisfaction is our highest priority, and we’ve shared your comments with our Housekeeping team to resolve this situation. Thank you for bringing it to our attention, and we hope you’ll give us another chance the next time you travel to Chongqing.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed here from June to December of 2013. Everything here was decent besides small room and suites. If you are into open spacious rooms this doubletree does not offer it. Other than that everything else is typical hilton quality. Coco from the bar is very friendly. Vivian and Mandy from the executive lounge were also very friendly and fun to talk to. I had some maintenance issues with the room during my stay but the manager peter took care of it. The seafood at the buffet dinner is top notch. Just little lacking of fruit selection also lacking fresh squeezed juices like Hyatt offers.

The executive lounge need more selection of beverages such as juice during the day, during none happy hour similar to other double tree offers, for example Shanghai doubletree.

Room Tip: Need to ask for at least a suite otherwise it's too small of a room,
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Michael z, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chongqing North, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear guest,
Thanks fo choosing DoubleTree by Hilton Chongqing North! We are so please to be your home in Chongqing. Our team members are always devote to creat our guests a rewarding experience. I will definitely trainsmit your nice comments to our staff you mentioned and I am sure they are very pleased to be with you. Thanks agian for staying with us, wish you all the best!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We typically stayed at Hilton hotel at Chongqing each time we visit. During our recent visit, we decided to try the new Doubletree for a change. It didn't disappoint us.
We stayed here for 5 days and got free upgrade to an executive floor corner room and free breakfast as gold member. The room is really huge for a couple(I guess the only drawback is that the A/C is only warming up the bed area, the hallway and bathroom are still cold during winter). The room is somehow tech savvy as well, there're individual switches and there're theme switches (guest meeting, movie watching, sleep), sometimes we got confused especially in the morning when we woke up.
There are ports(hdmi, s-video, audios, dvi, etc) for computer to connect to the room big LCD TV. The hotel also provides 50 fairly newly released movies for free.
The breakfast is excellent, the variety of food with excellent service provided by friendly staffs. Their bacon is crispy, that's enough said.
The hotel is a part of this shopping area. It's literally on top of a shopping mall. It takes 7min walk to the closest metro station if you find the right way.
This is my new favorite Hilton hotel in chongqing, I'd definitely return when I visit.

Room Tip: There're two elevators that take you down to the mall(B1 level I guess), which is ground level...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Conan C

Dear guest,
Thanks for your kind words, We are so proud to hear that you enjoy your stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Chongqing North! We wil continuely creating you a rewarding experience, wish you enjoy your trip in the mountain city and hope to see you again!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed at Double Tree, Chongqing for 6 days. Overall I had a good experience and hotel was located very near to malls and market. Good food, nice breakfast, clean place.
I had very bad experience during check in and check out. When checking in after I showed the receptionist my booking mail printout he said I will have to pay the booking amount (the payment was already made using a credit card by my manager). Imagine the shock I got on a cold afternoon in a new country where not many people know English. By the time I could connect to my manager the guy came up and informed me that the payment is made but I have to pay a deposit of 3000 rmb. I asked him is this written anywhere to which he replied this is common sense and is a policy everywhere and is for customer's convenience.... I agreed to pay 2000 by my debit card and the amount was immediately deducted from my account.
During check out I repeatedly confirmed about, is the deposit balance transferred back to my account, to which the reply was yes. On coming back I had to call them twice to do the transfer because the guy forgot to do something and amount didn't transferred. I got my money back 3 days after the check out.
But anyways I will go back to this hotel next time I am here.

Dear guest,
Thanks for your kind reply! We are so sorry about your experience during check in and check out . Highly appreciate your understanding of the deposite, I've already transmit your suggestion to our Front Office manager to enhance the trainging of our staff's work skills. Wish it won't affect your good impression of our hotel and hope we can welcome you again soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Although the hotel is small, which makes me feel uncomfortable, the service in the hotel is great, we golden member receive a great service from hotel such as the welcome cookies, and the upgrade of room type.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Michael z, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chongqing North, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Yang Z,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment to us. Sincerely we hope you had a memorable stay experience at DoubleTree by Hilton Chongqing North. For Hhonors members, we've prepared lots of benefits for you only for appreciating your always supports! Thanks again for choosing us ,wish we can see you again soon!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

It was my first time to Chongqing. Based on reviews here on TripAdvisor I decided to book this hotel. I'm glad I did. It was very conveniently located. There were tons of shopping and tons of food places and restaurants around the hotel. I mainly made the trip to experience the culinary treasures of Chongqing. We stayed at the hotel for 6 days. We only ate at the hotel once and the Chinese restaurant inside the hotel was very good. However, the reason I came to Chongqing is to experience the local food. We ate at places where the locals ate.

The staff of the hotel were very friendly and helpful. Chongqing is not a city where there is a lot of English spoken so I had to rely on my translation book most of the time. But, the hotel staff was sufficiently fluent in English to communicate easily with us. Most of the staff were eager to please. In fact, I asked one bartender to recommend a local restaurant that served a specific dish (of course, she recommended the hotel's restaurant, but I declined because I wanted a local's place) and she walked me down the street to show me where it was because it was difficult to describe. I commend her tremendous service.

The rooms were very modern and nicely appointed. I loved that they offered a large selection (50 movies in all) of HD movies for free. The beds were super comfortable and the amenities were superb.

I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this to anyone visiting Chongqing.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Michael z, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Chongqing North, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear RHG62 ,
Thanks for choosing our hotel. It's quite amazing to hear that you had a memorable living with us. We are also pleased to know that you love our Chinese restaurant as well as our servie. Whis you enjoyed your trip in Chongqing and looking forward to serving you again.