“Colorful at Night”

Book In Advance
More Info
$50.01*
and up
Private Day Tour of Chongqing City Highlight With Pandas of Chongqing Zoo...
Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand
149 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Colorful at Night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I didn't realize that I was in this main shopping district, as I usually avoid them. A woman at my hotel had pointed out the walking street nearby; so I went. It's full of upscale stores, not my thing, but it's interesting to see. I ended out walking there again at dusk, and it was a different atmosphere. The brightly lit buildings are colorful and fun to see. The square and area around it are full of Chinese--many tourists, I think, from the number of photos being taken, but also some young folks hanging out. Worth going to if you're in the area, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see it. One of the side streets leads to "food street" where there are many small shops selling snack foods.

Visited August 2013

84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Clock tower”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Just shopping area.. Nothing much.. My local friend take me here because at the time I'm looking for shoes. Cant find what I want because they don't have my size. It was summer, lot of people outside. Lot of beautiful girl.

Visited August 2012
City
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The only place in Chongqing; but still don`t botter”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Jiefangbei is the city center, and honestly, the only place in town to be if you have already travelled there. All the expensive shopping malls are gathered there and the atmosphere is the warmest in the city. Better still if you have a choice: do not travel to Chongqing. I prefer Beijing, Shanghai or Hongkong million times more. Chongqing is not a vacation place for westerns. It is only suitable for Chinese themselves. I will never ever go there again!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank CityFoxyBanker
Borgå
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Nothing but a clock tower”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

We had great expectations of this monument, seeing that it was a must visit attraction in every source about Chongqing that we ready. But the minument is just a clock tower in the middle of a huge crowded square. It was seen in less than 30 seconds. Surely you could spend hours in that area as it was the main shopping area.

Visited March 2013
Chengdu
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“terrific area to hang out for an afternoon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

From the Square you can walk towards Paradise walk. It is an interesting area full of shops and restaurants. There are these small stalls selling delicious local treats, enjoyed nibbling on many of the snacks there, tasty and cheap too. For shopping, the brands like H&M, Gap, Mango, Zara are all there. You can spend a few hours there and later head back to your hotel and realx for the evening

Visited February 2013