“a place to visit in Chongqing,”

Chongqing Chaotianmen
Oslo, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“a place to visit in Chongqing,”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This is the place where both Yangsti and the other river merge, and the Yangsti boat trip starts, they sell ticket for the Yangsi river cruises, tickets are rated from 50 Rmb to 1000 rmb, but the biggest drawback is no advertisement in english, they dont speak english either, I bpught aticket for 50 Rmb, and the trip was for one hr, its worth, easiet way to get to this place is to take metro and walk for 500 meters. THis is a must place to visit

Visited November 2013

54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 169 helpful votes
“Chongqing,Chaotianmen,Choking.......”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

China has undergone an industrial revolution... What happened over a period of two hundred years in Europe, has unfolded in China in ten years.. I have now just had my fifth trip since 2006. In that time I am stunned by the incredible demise of the environment.. Acid rain, choking acrid 'mists'( as the toxic haze is referred to by locals euphemistically !)here in Chongqing I have worn a face mask when I've ventured outdoors briefly... I had unchangable airline tickets homeward bound or I would have not lingered here for my healthy sake... When ever I breathe deeply at home (in the pristine mountains of Australia where I live , I will think of the poor people of Chongqing with sadness

Visited November 2013
3 Thank Scentedlotus
Miami, Florida
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Watch out for the vendors!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

It is geographically interesting to see the two rivers merging. However, if you've walked there, which is easy from People's Square, don't think you'll find a taxi back easily. Also the vendors can get a bit aggressive-- I would have bought one of the beautiful high flying kites being flown there, but the vendors just turned me off.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank JennyC282
ChongQing
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“West port of China”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Great view from here!looking at another side the river you can feel the difference of this city.passion water,passion people here...Chongqing center...

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Zeng C
Indonesia
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Boat ride for beautiful view at night”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I don't have time to walked around this place, because my local friend just lead me to the boat. Pay for the ticket, and we rushed to upstairs deck. Lots of local people. The city view from here is awesome.. Just a short trip, but i think is worthed.

Visited August 2012