All reviewslatest recipetoilet areasix monthsshopping plazathe club loungethe check in deskdinner buffetmain restaurantstayed one nightbusiness tripchinese foodenglish speaking stafflobbycitychinawandataxi
Reviewed August 19, 2011

There are some uneven reviews for this new hotel. I stayed here 4 times during this summer, so I may have more insights.
In terms of hardware, it's excellent. The rooms are beautiful, comfortable, quiet, the lobby is gorgeous, and so on. The red wine sold by the glass at the bar is well selected.
In terms of service, it's touch and go. I didn't talk to the GM, but my guess is that they employ a significant number of staff with limited experience. If you deal with a newer staff, the experience can be slightly alienating as the newer staff have little empathy for your needs. They don't see things from the customer's perpective. But when the staff has been there for longer, it's delightful.
The main thing that's bugged me at Meridien Chongqing is the obssessiveness of the reception desk for collecting a deposit during the check in process. it seems petty in such a grand hotel. I once extended my stay for one day and the girl (a new one!) bluntly said that she'd have to collect more deposit. WHen I get angry, it's quite subtle, but my point does come across. I said to her that it was no problem to collect more deposit. As she was toying with my credit card, I took out my Starwood gold card and calmly said: Do you really expect that holders of this kind of card will do a runner? Her manager was there by then and they were both quite embarrassed.
As a suggestion, I'd also recommend the hotel to enter in their system that guests have been there before.
Other than that, one of the best hotel breakfasts around, and I praise the serving staff for not being too eager to collect empty plates. I do hate hotels when the plates are collected as soon as you lift your last piece of toast from the plate, as if there was some great shortage of plates in the kitchen. The serving staff's pace there is just right.
Also, behind the hotel are some extremely local Chongqing restaurants where you can have local spicy food late at night, sitting on stools and soaking up the local atmosphere (chinese menus only). Extremely cheap.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank liukuei
lisaguli, Manager at Le Meridien Chongqing Nan'an, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2011

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know how your experiences with us have been. We were disappointed to learn that unexperienced staff did not live up to your expectations which we do apologize. Please rest assures that the management team will pay more attention to training will be strengthen to ensure this situation does not reoccur at any time. We are looking forward to your next visit to Le Méridien Chongqing so you can experience the positive changes.

Thank you again for your feed back and helping make our hotel better for you and all our guests, we look forward to welcoming you back at Le Méridien Chongqing, Nan'an.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

This hotel had very clean rooms, comfortable beds, and large picture windows with a great view of the city of Chongqing, China. The restaurant was excellent. Overall hotel service was also excellent. It was in a nice location within close walking distance of good shopping areas. The only drawback was the construction of a new high rise building which was going on nearby. Construction noise started rather early in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Zaideeanne
lisaguli, Manager at Le Meridien Chongqing Nan'an, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

Thank you for sharing with us how your experience at Le Méridien Chongqing, Nan'an.

After reading your responses we were very happy to learn that your stay with us was all positive. And we are looking forward to welcoming you back at Le Méridien Chongqing, Nan'an.

Reviewed July 25, 2011

I love your comfortable bedding. I am curious what kind of mattress and comforter it is because I want to get the same kind of bed like yours. The room was very comfortable and clean but the temperature was a bit too warm. The lobby is very impressive and your staff at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The staff in the restaurant do need more training because I did not get my tea after asking for it in English and in Chinese. However, the manager tried extremely hard to make amends and paid superior attention to our table after we reported our concern. In the following days, service improved 101%. Thank you for a very nice stay at your hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Diana F
lisaguli, Manager at Le Meridien Chongqing Nan'an, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2011

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know how your experiences with us have been. After reading your responses we were very happy to learn that your stay with us was positive. we also need do apologize that unexperienced staff did not live up to your expectations which . Please rest assures that the management team will pay more attention to training will be strengthen to ensure this situation does not reoccur at any time. We are looking forward to your next visit to Le Méridien Chongqing so you can experience the positive changes.

Reviewed June 14, 2011

I have been to Chongqing several times over the past several years and have stayed at various hotels in the city. Le Meridien is clearly the best hotel in Chongqing. Its about a year and a half old and is still in very good shape. Rates were also very reasonable and at no premium to some of the other hotels that I've stayed at in Chongqing. The best part is the Wanda mall complex that the hotel is part of - very convenient and lots of food options.

Only small gripe was that the room didn't have wireless internet, but the wireline broadband connection was easy to use, fast and free in my room package.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank tnu
lisaguli, Manager at Le Meridien Chongqing Nan'an, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2011

Thanks for sharing with us how your experience at Le Méridien Chongqing, Nan'an. After reading your responses we were very happy to learn that your stay with us was all positive. Also I would like to explain to you, you can enjoy the free wifi in the public area of the hotel. And we are looking forward to welcoming you back at Le Méridien Chongqing, Nan'an.

Reviewed May 25, 2011

The hotel itself looks really nice. We had only dinner there but I would like to make a remark on the training of the staff. Why is it, that seems to lack in so many respects (Western point of view) even though the management are all westerners? We had to ask on more then one occasions to have our plates removed since we were finished or even do it ourself. Our mistake because then we had to hold on to our plates and wine glasses because they wanted to remove those even though they were still filled with wine and food??!!

I know everything about being and understanding each other in a different culture but it can be done. I have seen it before .. so come on try a little harder it is such a same since you have such a nice hotel.

And maybe it is your point of view that as you are in China and your main focus is on the Chinese; it would make sense. But focus your service then totally on the Chinese and not half-half

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank sammiess
lisaguli, Manager at Le Meridien Chongqing Nan'an, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2011