All reviews within walking distance hotel is centrally located egg station local hotel the main shopping area western options buffet breakfast is ancient town pedestrian street chinese restaurant five star hotel executive floor comfortable bed metro station china traffic taxi
Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel through as it advertised airport transfer, as I’m aware there is a language barrier and didn’t want to struggle at the airport.

Got a confirmation from the hotel that the transportation was booked. At the airport there was no one so I called the hotel and was advised they don’t have transfer. I was quite angry as I booked a more expensive hotel because of this exact issue.

When I arrived at the hotel a lovely man Johnny welcomed me and as an apology upgraded my room.

The hotel room is beautiful, but unfortunately this is not where the issues stoped, very view people in the hotel speak English, and lead to a lot of thing having to be sent back.

When my trip ended I went downstairs 2 and a half hours before my flight. When I got the bill I noticed it was significantly higher then it should be, after going back and forth for an hour and them admitting things where added to the bill, I had to pay as to avoid missing my flight, still way overcharged. The taxi orginised by the hotel was driving around to increase the payments and causing me to almost miss my flight. Luckily the airport staff helped me get on the flight.

I have wrote to them and booking.com which it was booked through and have not even gotten a sorry.

This hotel is beautiful but you will be scammed and it is not worth it.

Stay far away. I have traveled a lot and this is the first time I have actually left a place and with such a horrible experience.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled solo
3  Thank samantha_pieters89
Gloria L, Guest Relations Manager at Glenview ITC Plaza Chongqing, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2018

3.Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your experiences with us have been. After reading your responses we were very happy to learn that your stay with us was mostly positive ,But we were regreted to learn that there were some parts did not live up to your expectations which we do apologize. Please believe that the management team will pay more attention to improve our service. We are looking forward to your next visit to Glenview ITC Plaza Chongqing. so you can experience the positive changes.

Reviewed May 19, 2018

The hotel location is good - it is near to Jiefangbei (where the airport shuttle K01 terminates) and Linjiangmen (metro station). It is also within walking distance to Times Square and Wangfujing complex (to board the shuttle bus that brings you to Chaotianmen docks for the night river cruise).
One of the ways in which a hotel can be judged is the quality of its toiletries. Here, they have toothbrush with sturdy yet ultrafine bristles, good quality shampoo and shower gel, and a shaver that is sharp and does not cut your skin. From years of experience, these are not that common!
The only one gripe is that although this is a non-smoking room, the smell of smoke pervades through the aircon system.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Gloria L, Guest Relations Manager at Glenview ITC Plaza Chongqing, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2018

Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

We stayed in Glenview ITC Plaza one night during our traveling thru China.
The hotel is very well located, nice lobby, well organized front desk...
We had fantastic breakfast for free, the minibar was also included...
They have smoking/non-smoking rooms. We don’t smoke so we took the non smoking room.
The room was quite smelly... what I really don’t like. I would guess that might be from smoking but the room was non smoking one and the stink was not like the smell from the smoking...

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Glenview ITC Plaza Chongqing and sharing your stay experience with us. You compliments to encourage us to keep our strengths and consistently continue improving our service quality. Thank you again and we are looking forward to your next stay!

Reviewed April 19, 2018 via mobile

Stayed on Floor 37. Executive suite. Just amazing. Huge living area, bath, closet, bed, work area and great views of the city and river. WiFi and wired internet complimentary and speed is ok. Chinese restaurant on 8th floor also great! Breakfast has western options and enough staff speak English to get whatever you need. Good location but traffic around there is heavy. Will definitely stay again! Hotel has everything including a spa.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business
Gloria L, Guest Relations Manager at Glenview ITC Plaza Chongqing, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2018

Thank you for choosing Glenview ITC Plaza Chongqing and we really appreciate that you took time posting valuable comments on tripadvisor. We aim to improve guest comfort by joyfully providing personalized and innovative service. We are looking forward to your next stay!

Reviewed April 16, 2018

A local hotel in a good location.its close to pedestrian street for cafes/shops/restaurants etc.Lobby is open plan with reception on the left with seats & concierge/left luggage on the right.Check in was swift as staff saw I was in executive level so Check was on 39th floor.The executive lounge is here with breakfast in morning.drinks in evening with meals/snacks selection.(no sparkling mineral water).lounge staff are helpful & friendly.Room was on exec floor(no smoking room/no smoking floor)yet ashtray/matches in room.Comfortable good size room with tv/desk.poor aircon.Complimentary laundry/water/tea/coffee.Also a pillow menu is available.Bathroom is smart/modern with walk in shower.Buffet breakfast is amazing-Western dishes/Asian dishes/Chongqing dishes/breads area & egg station.-the biggest selection of breakfast I have ever seen.not to be missed.There is also a Chinese restaurant (overpriced).There is a pool/health spa area.Concierge is helpful with taxi/luggage/stamps etc.Attentive staff help guests.

Room Tip: High floor
Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
Gloria L, Guest Relations Manager at Glenview ITC Plaza Chongqing, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment to us. Sincerely we hope you had a memorable stay experience at Glenview ITC Plaza Chongqing.If there is anything we can do to enhance our services please let us know. Thanks again for your feed back, we are looking forward to your next visit to Glenview ITC Plaza Chongqing.