“Buy your souvenirs on the way out!”
Review of Olympic Park

Olympic Park
Book In Advance
More Info
$48.00*
and up
Great Wall of China and Olympic Stadium...
Ranked #68 of 1,622 things to do in Beijing
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Lots of interesting buildings and good people watching area. If you want to buy souvenirs, you will find they are progressively cheaper as you leave the area.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,203)
All reviews
"arena"
in 18 reviews
"segway"

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Its a very big area with there being no games still there were thousands of people coming there to see this place, main stadium look amazing loved the experience there, the only thing what spoiled my tour was our tour guide.

1  Thank Mausam B
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I visited Beijing during, a stopover to Singapore, the summer. It was very hot and humid. The Olympic Park was our first stop in a 8h tour.
The most interesting thing about the park are the very unique buildings. The architecture is very interesting. Since we didn't have much time, we just walked around.
There is an entrance fee to visit the buildings.
If you are in the same situation, you don't have much time to visit Beijing, I would recommend the Olympic Park to take a quick look.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We went to visit the Bird's Nest and Water Cube Bldg. It's cool to visit and see in person but there a lot of people trying to sell overpriced Olympic memorabilia and touristy souveniers.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We went to the olympic park to see the nest and the water cube.

The nest was a fantastic building and we bought tickets to enter the building and to enter the top of the building (the sky corridor I think it was called). Here comes the warning, there were lots of people trying to sell fake or perhaps even stolen tickets. Now this isn't usually a problem because we were well aware of this and just made our way to the ticket office and bought tickets as normal. However when we were going to enter the nest we approached the security check as usual and an old woman tried to take our tickets at the conveyor belt. Two guards stood 1 meter away from me and I looked at them. They pretended not to see what was happening so I just held on to the tickets and marched on and the actual ticket check was just behind the security check. Now it's not a big deal, but I was disappointed to see that the guards were either not caring or paid off to ignore this. I have not had the same experience any other site in China in either Beijing or Shanghai.
Entering the nest was good fun and seeing the arena was in my opinion worth the entry. Quite an amazing sight. You could ride around the track if you paid 200 Yuan for 20 minutes to ride Segways. We thought it was overpriced and they weren't in the mood for haggling so we passed that up.
Paying for the sky corridor was not worth it, you get to go the roof of the building and see the crane, but it is very limited where you can go. View of the surrounding area is nice though.
We walked around the water cube but didn't enter it.
There are hawkers everywhere but they weren't that pushy.
The admission to the area was free, but entering buildings cost money.
If you love architecture and seeing beautiful buildings or have special ties to the olympics I'm sure this is well worth a visit. As a family trip with teenagers it's quite average.

1  Thank RuneJ72