“Amazing Cuisine and Overall Dining Experience”

Na Jia Restaurant (Yong'anli)
Ranked #28 of 12,778 Restaurants in Beijing
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Guomao
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I travel quite a bit and love eating at new and sometimes off the beaten path restaurants but this is my first review because the food , ambience , service and pricing at Na Jia was fantastic and I just had to share this experience .
If you have a day in Beijing and one meal to eat , this is THE place to go to . Difficult to get reservations but if you are a bit early or late from the rush hours , you'll be seated within 15-20 minutes .
The service is great and with a bit of help from iTranslate , you can get anything from ice to chilli oil sorted out because all the staff don't speak fluent English . The menu has pictures and descriptions in english so ordering is fairly easy .
The restaurant is housed in a really nice old world reconstruction building and the place is filled with an upmarket clientele ... both locals and expats .
A defenite , must go to restaurant in Beijing !!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We wanted to try Najia Xiaoguan based on the TA reviews, and the restaurant was located very close to the Fairmont Hotel where we were staying.

I was unsuccessful at getting reservations for my one free evening but decided to walk by the restaurant ans see what was going on during the afternoon. The lunch rush was just passed and I just walked in and found a woman who appeared to be holding the evening's reservation list. I asked if we could have reservations for 5:00pm..with some smiles and hand gestures I got our names on the list.

We showed up promptly at 5:00pm and were immediately seated upstairs. We were clearly just in front of the first wave of evening diners as the restaurant was in full swing by 5:45 with line out the door. (I think if you show up just at 5:00pm the chances are they could get seated quickly as we did even without reservations).

I had very high expectations and I think they could all have been met except for the fact that none of the wait staff spoke any English and we spoke no Mandarin. We were also the only non-locals.

Yes, the extensive picture menus are helpful, but I felt I was limited to the "American Chinese" dishes I knew from home. I really wanted to venture into some different areas and try what the might have been considered the restaurant's specialties but we never got that deep into the menu.

NOTE..despite what we were told by our hotel this restaurant Does Not accept international credit cards, so your MC, VISA and AMEX cards are not going to work. Fortunately there is a functioning ATM about a block away ;)

I really recommend that you try to visit this restaurant with someone fluent in Mandarin so that you can really delve into all that this restaurant has to offer. If the smells and look of the food I saw other diners enjoying is any indication, using the picture menus is just scratching the surface.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

This large casual restaurant is filled with atmosphere, delicious food and Chinese locals. No English is spoken but the menus have English descriptions so you can easily order by pointing. You have to just wing it in terms of drinks. Having a handful of restaurant words at your disposal in Mandarin would be helpful (wine, beer, water, tea, soda, glass, rice). We ordered chicken and peppers which was spicy and wonderful . Equally delicious was chicken, shrimp and beef. These two dishes with wine and rice cost about $50, most of which was the bottle of wine. You can have a delicious economical authentic meal here. I recommend.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

When you first walk in you first think of "hey it kind of feels like I'm walking into a Chinese soap set in ancient time"

But then a clown walks in and totally runes your mood haha. Well maybe because it was children's day they had one of their staff dressed up like a clown.

Anyways, my wife and I sat upstairs and it really did feel like a scene from "Cha Guan or Lou" it's an old Chinese tv series that is set in Beijing.

Anyways, we ordered some food we saw that some people were raving on dianping.com

We ordered the sweet shrimp and the potato that kind of looked like mash potato and gravy but instead it's sweet. We also ordered some other dishes as well and some tea.

While, the tea is okay quality it's quite expensive and if you buy an expensive tea it could be 1/3 of your bill for a party less than 4.

Anyways great food the service was good and the atmosphere is absolutely great and authentic.

Summary-

Kind of hard to find but it's right across from silk street not directly across. It's a little more east. Here's a trick I've always found that helped me figuring out North west east and south.

If you've been to Tian An Men Mao's face will always face south and when you are looking at his portrait you will be facing north. Everything from the city is relative to that.

Food is great, atmosphere is nice.

If you are looking for small eats this is the place to go for Beijing small eats.

Tea and prices are a little pricey.

Bathroom is really small.

This branch especially gets busy at dinner time so you might want to come here earlier or later.

2  Thank Alienandbear
Reviewed September 3, 2013

It is franchise in Beijing, there is new one to the north gate of 798,

The architecture looks like old Beijing style, neat and clean, but it is usually very busy during the meal time, you would better go there not during the right meal time.

Crisp Prawn is very reasonable rate, 38 RMB, there is another kind higher, but this 38 one is fine.

Sweet, sour, a little spicy and salty with it is fresh and crisp feeling, even the shell you can eat it. Their soup is higher rate by person, but for foreigners you can order more fried dishes than soup...... usually one person 80 to 120 RMB will be ok there... they also have a mixed friend dish with PIne Seed, shrip, beef and chicken and onion.... the rate is around 40 per dish, it is good to go with rice.... the bean spout is nice too... usually no reservation for the public area. I like this place also for the environment, Chinese architecture with imperial Beijing atmosphere,
it is hidden Traditional House among high rise.