“Great food in a great atmosphere”

Na Jia Restaurant (Yong'anli)
Ranked #18 of 12,642 Restaurants in Beijing
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Guomao
Beijing, China
“Great food in a great atmosphere”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

You can feel the great atmosphere of this restaurant from the moment you step in: very nice decoration, bustling vibe and a good mix of locals and foreigners. Food is absolutely delicious: big portions and large menu. Reservation is strongly advisable otherwise you may have to wait for a long time: for groups of friends you can choose a private room otherwise I like the tables facing the court on the second floor.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Edoardo A

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
“Good food....cool atmosphere...”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We went looking for this little restaurant at sub-zero temperature. And the queue was so long, we had to wait 45 min for a table. The restaurant tried to keep customers comfortable by providing chairs, hot drinks and even shawls for those sitting near the doors.

We ordered 3 dishes since there were only 2 of us. I must say the food was quite good, though like most Beijing food, there was quite a lot of oil in it. We ordered dessert to take-away and some pancakes for our driver who waited for us in the car after refusing to dine with us. I was quite impressed that they took the pain to pack the food nicely for us in boxes.

It was a great dining experience despite the wait.

• Visited March 2013
Beijing, China
“NaJia is Great! Don't forget the Fragrant Hills Location!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Yes, the location most people write about is downtown, but this location is a few blocks outside the East Gate of Fragrant Hills Park (Xiang Shan). There is little there but small town eats AND this wonderful first class restaurant. I did a few hours winter hiking at Xiang Shan Park and decided to try this well known place to fill up and warm up.
Atmospere is classc and elegant. built in a courtyard home. One side of the upstairs tables are normal tables and chairs, the other is low tables with seating on cushions on hte flloor. I saw private dining rooms on the first floor. The food is "imperial" or "Manchu" style. In general, this is hearty yet elegant, northern style food (noodles more than rice, more beef and lamb than in the south) supposedly cooked as it was for the Manchu emporors.
I am posting photos of the 4 menu choices I made with prices and one of the restaurant entrance as the name in English is "NALA" restaurant while the Chinese characters is still Na Jia Xiao Guan. More later on location.
FOOD: I started with the cold eggplant dish "Eggplant and Deep Fried Soybean" The Chinese name means "8 Banner Eggplant". Although I usually don't enjoy a slightly swwet sauce. this was really delicious and the overall sauce and eggplant combo was smooth and savory. The Marinated Beef Rib was pricy at $25 usd but amazingly tender. Comes with a small dish of salt and pepper to dip the meat it (great) and also a sweet chili sauce (interesting but I prefer the salt/pepper - these or other dried spice rubs or dips are typical Nortern Chinese). The Braised Tofu with Spcy Beef was fine, but not spicy and a little bland. About a tablespoon of minced garlic on top, so mix that in. Fried Noodles with Pork and Mushroom was a joy! I got it as a simple noodle dish to take home for a light dinner but I coluld not keep my chopsticks out of it! Basic fried noodle dish elevated to lovely! And cheap (in this place) at 28 rmb.
Location: Although I have seen the address as 1 Yikesong and 29 Yikesong, it is actually around the corner on XiangShan Nan Lu, but quite near the corner of Yikesong. See the picture I posted of the restaurant front.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Peter M
Singapore, Singapore
“Love this resturant”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Within walking distance from China World hotel.. the food is excellent.. but be warned, the queue is long, be prepare to wait more than 1hr during peak hours..

Visited March 2012
Atlanta
“Excellent Manchurian Style Chinese Restaurant in Beijing”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I went to this restaurant for a business lunch and had no problem getting seated immediately at 1 pm (maybe arrived after the rush?). The food was TREMENDOUS. As noted by others, there is a picture menu with English explanations, so, even if the server is not an English speaker, you can order easily. We shared a few dishes, but I have to say that the venison and mushroom dish they offer was probably one of my favorite Chinese food dishes ever. Everything we ordered was great and I'd definitely recommend this place if you are in Beijing. It's also very close to the "arts" district with lots of artists shops, museums, etc.

• Visited January 2013