“Very good sushi”

Hatsune Japanese Restaurant (Guanghua Road)
Ranked #117 of 12,817 Restaurants in Beijing
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Guomao
Description: Opened in 2001, Hatsune Japanese restaurant is the original Californian-Japanese fusion concept. Always imitated, but never replicated, Hatsune is a time-tested stalwart that has become a veritable institution in Beijing's dining scene, the very first of its kind in China to feature innovative, cutting-edge California-style sushi rolls on its menu. Culinary perfection coupled with award-winning service, this restaurant's critically acclaimed menus offer what food lovers describe as Japanese fusion at its best.
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Good sushi at Hatsune ! Nothing to say just try them all ! The two negative points ere : the service: it can be sometimes extremely slow and if you starve it will seem very long to you ! Last time I went there I found that service was much better, with more english speaking waitresses quicker arrival of your order on the table :))) Other negative point is the air conditioning: you freeze in Hatsune !!! Honestly, take a pullover !

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I visited this restaurant by recommendations of colleague and didn't regret. Now in Russia (I am from Russia) and in China many restaurants cook sushi, but I have never tasted so delicious sushi like in Hatsune. Moreover service is really good - some waiters can speak English, waiters never forget your order and bring meal very fast (if you have experience in other Chinese restaurants you will really value it).
I would recommend to add more lights. Some seats are not appropriate for books reading.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

One of the best sushi I had in the world. fresh, nice looking and very tasty. Service is a little slow.
Will visit again for sure.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

The Hatsune Sanlitun Village branch in Beijing is another wannabe restaurant. Although the place and the food are OK, the service is awful.

If they want to play to be a Japanese cool and nice restaurant, they should change the staff.
The waitress threw my beer accidentally of course and they pretended I had to pay for both of them.

Some dishes came 30 minutes later than the first one, and we were obliged to order everything at one and even to pay the bill before we finish.

I will not go back again, is full of typical show-off new rich Chinese clientele

1  Thank Antonio A
lumdimsum, Guest Relations Manager at Hatsune Japanese Restaurant (Guanghua Road), responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Hi Antonio A:

I realize that you did not request a response, but on behalf of the Hatsune restaurant group we very much want to apologize to you. Please forgive the very delayed response as today is the first time I have seen your comment here on TripAdvisor.

I am sincerely sorry to hear about your negative dining experience at Hatsune - both regarding the rude service who spilled your beers, the slow service of your dishes and also that they asked you to pay your bill before you finished.

Your comments have already been shared with both the owner and restaurant management team and we are taking immediate steps to rectify this situation.

As a tangible gesture of our appreciation for our customers, we hope that you will allow us the opportunity to regain your trust. If you are willing, we would like to invite you to come back to either one of our restaurants for a complimentary dinner for two on us.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to e-mail me directly - kristen@lumdimsum.com.

Thank you again for making note of this situation so that we could address this issue.

I hope you have a nice day,

Kristen Lum
Hatsune Restaurant Group Marketing & Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Have been here numerous times and always enjoyed it. However this time, I had something that made me stay in my room the next day....all day! Had dinner on a Sunday evening and had a bad piece of sushi....my colleague was fine bit not me.

Hi Tio_Juan05:

I am SO sorry to hear that you got food poisoning from our restaurant. As someone who has lived in China for many years and have suffered through some serious cases of food poisoning, I can't apologize enough that you had this happen to you after dining at Hatsune.

I hope you have a nice day,