“Italian ”
Review of Florentina

Florentina
Ranked #520 of 13,094 Restaurants in Beijing
Description: In Florentina Lido You can taste a traditional Italian cuisine but also a innovative fine dining food. For lovers of seafood, the menu includes a wide variety of seafood and shellfish but also a large variety of dishes to share with friends or family. Come having a good time in our French garden while enjoying a glass of wine.
Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

We chose to do Italian this evening and headed into the neighborhood Italian restaurant. This venue has undergone some redecoration and has now a large foyer with causal sitting perfect to watch the World Cup matches.

The restaurant was not crowded and service was attentive. They have a wide range of wine available and tend to be in the expensive side. We ordered a starter of mozzarella cheese with tomatoes slices with some olive oil. The bread served cane warm. We ordered both a seafood main and a steak. The meat was nicely medium with inside still pink. The quality of the meat was good.

The dinning prices appears to be on the high side and probably because of higher rent

A great dinner experience.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed November 30, 2017 via mobile

Found out about this restaurant though a contact and visited on a cold November Wednesday. The venue is very elegant, sophisticated and refined. Great for a special occasion. The food is authentic and tasty. The winter menu is varied and has excellent selection of meats, fish and vegetarian dishes. I particularly liked the Northern Italian focus: there is no carbonara on the menu (fortunately) but a range of real Italian dishes from Cappelletti in brodo, Risotto al radicchio, Ossobuco with Polenta, etc. Even the pizzas are not the usual and have different and interesting toppings. I had a generous antipasto of mixed cold cuts and cheese, with freshly made bread - divine! They have a selection of prime beef for all sorts of stakes and a few desserts, including Crema catalana. The service is attentive, they look after you and speak English. Definitely a keeper to brighten up this cold winter! They also have rooms for small functions - which is great for corporate dinners. A gem.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed July 10, 2017

My pops said he felt like a rabbit eating the salad, meaning it had no life. The little balsamic on it, was of average quality. Simply adding some shave quality cheese would have helped. Also, organic tomatoes are a must in a place that charges what this one does. We both had pasta of different varieties and seafood focused. Both were also simply passable. This was remarkable. That they would allow such food to be served in a place like this is not acceptable.

In contrast, the service was very good.

I'm a San Francisco resident, with travels globally for 40 years. I was not expecting very high standards, but they need to get it together. Right now they have cache for being one of the few italian restaurants in Lido, it's time to bring in a pro chef at least for advice.

Again, nothing against the service staff, the were right up there with top notch global Italian restaurants, with a few odd twists, but nothing negative.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed March 24, 2017 via mobile

Florentina is located across the street from Elements where I usually eat. This was my first visit here and the adjoining Cafe 27 belongs to the same setup.

The menu had the usual fare and as we were hungry , we placed our order quickly. We shared a minestrone soup ( passable ); a mozzarella cheese salad with some greens (very good quality cheese). For mains we ordered the fish and the ribeye steak. The ribeye steak was the best highlight during dinner. The quality of the Aussie beef was very evident.

This is an expensive place with an expensive selection of wine and food selection.

I would suggest a visit only for a special occasion.

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank mikeylim
Reviewed July 24, 2016

I have probably been in China for too long that I can no longer see the humor in Chinese bluntness, or my expectations of Italian elegance plummeted in the face of dour Chinese boorishness.

Anyway, I walked into Florentina at about 5:30 PM, and was greeted with a pleasant smile and a raised hand by the Italian chef on the way in. The restaurant was deserted, while many tables in the outdoor area were reserved.

Inside the restaurant, I stumbled into the staff meeting: a typical Chinese habit of lining up wait staff to be criticized and bullied by a manager in their daily attempt to polish their bullying skills. Well, I stood there for 5 minutes, 10 minutes and more, while no waiter dared to break the ranks to welcome me and have me seated. As I turned on my hears, I pricked up my ears to hear them call me back, but apparently no one paid any attention, or the merest whisper did not reach my ear.

It has been a while since I experienced such extremely poor service. The Chinese word for "waiter" does not convey the sense of waiting upon the customer; the modern Chinese expression for 'waiter' is Chinese comes down to "service person", but this is, of course, vainly understood.

What a joke!