“Expensive but you will appreciate the value”
Review of Din Tai Fung (APM)

Din Tai Fung (APM)
Ranked #38 of 13,090 Restaurants in Beijing
Reviewed September 20, 2016

kids love the Xiao Long Pao. It taste quite uniform across Malaysia, singapore and China.

the serving portion is larger in china and price also more expensive as compared to Malaysia

Reviewed September 19, 2016

I was eating alone and was very happy to be able to order half portions of the dumplings so I got to try different types. The staff were very friendly and attentive and explained the dipping sauce they mixed up for me - and the dumplings were yummy!! Had to be careful not to burn my mouth on the hot soup inside and my chop stick skills are not the best but this was a very enjoyable experience!

Reviewed September 16, 2016

I was introduced to Din Tai Fung by getting the wrong directions while in Shanghai a few years back, wandering about with a friend we decided to take break at a branch of the restaurant and were delighted by the food, the service, the cleanliness, and the efficiency.

When I learned there was a new branch just a few blocks from my Beijing hotel, I gathered some friends and we journey to the top floor of the APM Shopping Mall in Dongcheng (where the Apple Store is). My love for Din Tai Fung continues and may have grown. The dim sum is delicious, the service is top grade, and there is some fun in trying and tasting a variety of dim sum. It also works if one is alone (I went back solo) but as a solo one needs to limit one's selections.

So go...and if you are at APM to go to Grandma's House restaurant and the wait is the usual hour or more, turn around and dead to Din Tai Fung. Enjoy....enjoy

Reviewed September 15, 2016 via mobile

This was our first Beijing dinner and for fast, simple and tasty it hit the mark. Easy to pick a range of food including very tasty dumplings. Fried rice was good, dumplings very tasty. We also had some sweet and sour pork which was enjoyable. Go and experience it.

Reviewed September 14, 2016

this place makes fabulous dumplings of all kinds. you can't go wrong. the soup dumplings are so flavorful -- get the guide if you don't know how to eat them. The veggie and shrimp/pork shumai are also great as are the side dishes like the tofu and the greens. It is also very clean, very fast, and they make it easy for people whose Chinese may not be the best (or even may be zero.) Try the dessert dumplings with red bean paste, as a fun chinese end to dinner!

Date of visit: September 2016

Been to Din Tai Fung (APM)? Share your experiences!