Oakwood Residence Beijing
Hotel MoMc(Beijing)
Huaxia Hotel(Beijing)
Baifuyi Hotel(Beijing)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsextended stayone bedroom apartmentdongzhimen subway stationwashing machinesanlitun areagym
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco, California, USA
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Overall the quality is good but not as good as you would expect given the price.

Customer Service

I stayed for 3 months and when I checked-in I asked if I would be able to check-out a couple of days early and was told no problem. After my first month I checked again and again was told no problem, but when it came time to check-out I was told that yes I can check-out early but I'm still on the hook to pay for the full period. Went back to the sales rep to complain and she said she would bring it to management and let me know, of course that never happened. Understandable miscommunication, but if this were to have happened in the US they would have most certainly pro-rated the rate to reflect the early check-out.

Room Quality

Rooms are comfortable and fairly well-furnished. The tvs are pretty low quality though and the dvd player looks real slick but is also not very high quality. The couches are also in great condition and look nice but not very comfortable.

Our bathroom also had a constant smell and we had to keep the door closed with the vent on. We also had a problem with flies in the bathroom at one point. They sprayed and the problem subsided but there are always flies in the bathroom.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Oakwood
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

I do apologize for the incorrect information you had received from our front desk reception associates. As you were on a long stay contract (3 months) our policy is to charge for the full term of the contract period. I reviewed this with our Front Office Manager and he has carried out further training with all associates.
Concerning the point about the bathroom - I have had a meeting with our Chief Engineer and the Executive Housekeeper to check all drains and to spray the area for flies particularly during the hot summer months. We do carry out quarterly inspections by a qualified pest control firm here to ensure all our apartments are protected but with windows able to be opened to the outside invariably flies and mosquitoes can enter the apartments.
Thank you for your comments and I hope we can welcome you back on your next visit to Beijing.

A TripAdvisor Member
Mackay
Reviewed May 20, 2012

This is a top quality, clean accommodation, with attentive friendly staff. Food is of an International flavour as well as Chinese. It is in an ideal position in Beijing and only 20 mins to the International Airport. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Oakwood
ArtKrieger, General Manager at Oakwood Residence Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Thank you for your complimentary review of the Oakwood Residence Beijing product and service, I most certainly will pass along your compliments to all our associates. We hope to welcome you back to Beijing on your next visit to Beijing!

Reviewed May 2, 2012

I recently had my first visit to Beijing. I was unsure where to stay so after searching the web and reading about Oakwood, I decided to give it a try. I am so happy I did! From the professionalism at the front desk staff to the beautiful decor of the lobby and our room, I was very impressed. I only speak English and the accommodation by the staff was also very comforting. I decided to book a tour with the front desk and was very happy with what they had provided. A tour via Grayline which included a private English speaking guide and driver. Upon reading some reviews of Oakwood I would like to address one thing that has been mentioned. The issue of "wet mopping" of the rooms. I can personally say that when I happened to come in on the cleaning staff cleaning, I thought she was going to have a heart attack worried about me not slipping on the WET floor she had just mopped.

In conclusion my experience at Oakwood Residence was outstanding. The food in the restaurant, the courteous and professional staff, and overall cleanliness and security of the establishment met and exceeded all my expectations.

Given the opportunity to return to Beijing, I would absolutely stay at Oakwood.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
ArtKrieger, General Manager at Oakwood Residence Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2012

Thank you for your great feedback and certainly for the fine compliments regarding our associates at the front desk as well as for the services provided by our food and beverage and housekeeping teams - I will pass along your review to our associates in these departments as well as their managers. We do pride ourselves on giving our very best in service to all our guests!
I will also pass along your compliments to Grayline the operator who provides the tour services to our many global customers staying with Oakwood Residence Beijing.
Thank you again - we look forward to serving you in future when next you visit Beijing.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

I would like to highly recommend that you stay at Oakwood Residence in Beijing. Staying here was one of many highlights we had while in the city. We found the staff to be outstanding!! They excel at customer service! We found them to be very professional and personable in all of our experience while staying here. Whether it was a special request during dinner or recommendation on where to shop in the city they were outstanding.
The staff recommended that we use Grayline Tours for an excursion to the Great Wall and the Summer Palace. They even arranged the tour for us. Our tour guide Marcus was great. Very informative and patient as we took lots of pictures!!
We found the rooms at Oakwood to be very clean, spacious and with all of the amenities. Before coming we had read some of the reviews that made negative comments about the cleanliness of the building - that could not have been further from the truth in our experience. Our room was alway very fresh and clean as were all the areas of the hotel we visited.

Having a washer and dryer in the room was such a nice feature!! We found the building to be very quiet and the main guest areas were beautifully decorated. I was extremely impressed with the security features of the hotel. We did use the health club facilities- great variety of equipment. We unfortunately didn’t have the opportunity to use the spa. The services looked great but we just ran out of time to use them.
We really enjoyed the restaurant. The food was very good – extremely fresh and well prepared with a wide variety of choices. The breakfast buffet in the morning was great and the variety of choices changed daily.
I hope to return to Beijing in the future and without a question we will stay at Oakwood again!

Room Tip: I can't imagine that you would pick a bad room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
ArtKrieger, General Manager at Oakwood Residence Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review of the Oakwood Residence Beijing. I was especially happy to read your compliments on our associates and the service they provided inclusive of the hardware features of the property. I will pass along your compliments to our associates and also to Grayline Tours and their guide Marcus as well.
All of us look forward to welcoming you back to Beijing and Oakwood on future visits and you must try the Spa on one of those trips.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

I have travelled around most of Europe, Middle East , Africa and North Africa,
I am enjoying my stay at the Oakwood in Beijing, it has everything you need for a long stay in Beijing.
It is well situated with friendly staff , good food and room service, rooms are spacious and clean and comfortable, and I have made some good friends ,,,, thats what you want from a place !!
I would recommend the place and have done so to my colleeagues and friends

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your great comments - I will be sure to let my team know how well you are enjoying the Oakwood Residence Beijing! Glad to hear you are enjoying all the features of the property as well as the restaurants, lounge bar and in-room dining. I trust you will continue to enjoy your stay with us!