“Very decent hotel with great location”

JW Marriott Hotel Beijing
Ranked #11 of 6,520 Hotels in Beijing
Oberlin, Ohio
“Very decent hotel with great location”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

This hotel has great location, very central in Beijing(CBD area) and a major subway station with a walking distance. And not too far from hotel, we reserved a limo through a mobile app, it cost us about 90 RMB (Audi A6 vehicle). The traffic was fine on Sunday morning, so it was just 30 mins from the airport.
The Marriott silver member doesn't means anything here, but we got three voucher for coffee. And two big apples as welcome gift...The room is decent and clean, it is definitely five star standard, the welcome lobby is not busy. Ritz-Carlton is just next to this hotel. There are two TVs for standard room, one in the bathroom so that you could use it during the shower. A lot of choices for the TV channel.
The location is a huge plus, easy for business people, shopping malls and luxury stores are around this area. Starbucks and some restaurants offer a wide choices for food and beverage. Some restaurants in this area are quite decent

Room Tip: Get a higher floor
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
JWMarriottBeijing, Managing Director at JW Marriott Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear euromun,

I’m so delighted to know you like our location and thank you very much for sharing it.

Please allow me to agree that our location is quite ideal for business people, as you mentioned, this area could provide convenience and flexibility for your schedule. I also would like to appreciate you for being a Marriott member, hope you like the welcome gift and I believe we could do better.

We do look forward to welcoming you back.

Sincerely yours,

David Wilson
Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Georgia
Reviewed August 12, 2014

I am a Marriott member I try to stay in the JW when convenient, I have been coming to this hotel for the last 4 years. good service, clean room, good restaurant selection. VERY BAD internet connection extremely slow. I use several apps that require a specific IP address that I can use from other hotels in Beijing but once I come to the JW I can not connect to any one which is crippling specially when you are staying for 10 days at the time.
I am sorry to say if this continue I will find another hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
JWMarriottBeijing, Managing Director at JW Marriott Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Dear ATF0401,

Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your review on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to hear that you satisfied with our service, room and restaurant selection. Meanwhile, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by internet connection.

Your important comments have been shared with my team, and they carried out a comprehensive investigation on system troubleshooting and following test. Now we have reconfigured the servers and upgrade controller for serving a stable and faster internet connection. We will continue to improve and hope you will afford us another opportunity with a return visit, kindly let us know your experience or any expectation towards our performance.

Thank you for your time and we do look forward to welcoming you back to JW Marriott Hotel Beijing.

Sincerely yours,

David Wilson
Managing Director
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Good:
1. Nice building and good rooms and good property. Shows luxury.
2. Good executive lounge.
3. Met few enthusiastic and helpful staff members like bellboys.

Bad:
I am a Marriott Platinum and made reservation few months ago and there they could not even give a king size bed which is my preference, let alone giving me any upgrade as most Marriott to do to their platinum members.
The front desk agent could not give me one even after asking at check in.
This is why I gave a 4 instead of 5.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank kc_dude
JWMarriottBeijing, Front Office Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Mr. kc_dude,

Warn greeting from JW Marriott Beijing!

It is great to receive and discuss your warm comments regarding our service, property upkeep and executive lounge. We are sorry to hear you have experienced the different room type assigned during your stay with us. We always try to provide each guest with his/her needs, and unfortunately we were not able to achieve this this time. We have taken actions and continue training for our associates. Please allow us to know your surname and your arrival date.

Maggie Hou
JW Marriott Beijing
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed July 27, 2014

This hotel is only a two minute walk to Line 1 subway stop Dawanglu and shopping centre Shin Kong Place, which is full of all the high end brand names, if you are in to those. We had great customer service after our flight was cancelled then delayed with an escort from the gate to a waiting hotel car.
The breakfast buffet has a large selection of foods but can be very busy, the service from the staff can be hit and miss with small things being over looked like cutlery.
The only down side for this hotel was the internet which was slow and dropped out constantly.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed July 22, 2014

From check-in to check-out the JW is a 5 Star experience. We have stayed at this hotel three times in the past two years and for good reasons. Everything works. My wife and I stayed there this time in early April. The staff are well trained, helpful, thoughtful and about as good as I have ever experienced. Everyone has a can-do attitude. The hotel rooms are excellent. We had a suite with Club Lounge access. The room was very large, well laid out, immaculate, and well appointed. The JW Club Lounge is one of the best we have experienced. Great food and drinks and a really wonderful staff. "Betty" remembered us from our last stay and made us feel like family every evening. She really made our stay special. Thanks Betty!! The restaurant had an excellent buffet breakfast with very good service and great offerings. This is a great hotel that seems to get better each time we return. We are looking forward to another stay in April 2015.

Room Tip: High floors offer a better view. We prefer rooms overlooking the main entrance. All rooms we have ha...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rickyfromjerseycity
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Leisure travel between last week of April, overlapping Labour Day peak period. Travelled with a friend.

ACCOMMODATION
JW Marriot is conveniently located in the business district of Beijing. Our standard room was well-sized and comfortable for 2 persons, albeit being slightly tired looking. The shower area was spacious - room came with separate standing shower and attached bathtub.

LOCATION
Hotel is located steps away from Shin Kong Place (新光天地) and China Central Mall (华贸购物中心), in which you will be able to find a good selection of F&B outlets, souvenir shops, luxury brands and supermarkets. Hotel is approximately 30-40mins by taxi from airport. Taxi to Sanlitun took 15-20mins, and approximately 20-25mins to Houhai.

MEALS
Had breakfast at Asia Bistro; great variety of top quality. Fresh juices were great in the morning and there were good selections of Asian and Western items. Service was prompt as well.

SERVICE
Bellmen were extremely helpful - we met a crazy, cold stormy night and the bellman on duty braved the cold to get us a cab upon departure in his coat. We were dressed for the cold but it was really unbearable - he went out of his way to help us while getting us to wait in the warm lobby. Housekeepers are always friendly when we meet along our way out.

AMENITIES
Great range of bathroom amenities are provided under Aromatheraphy Associates. Rooms came equipped with iron, hairdryer, and in-room safe. Extensive tv channels provided; internet is complimentary.

VERDICT
4/5 - will be back!

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank vichyi
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel at least 30 times in the past 2 years or so. Some of the most recent changes of JW Marriott Beijing is now making me seriously reconsider if I should come back. First of all, they fenced a significant portion of the lobby into a bar/cafe/night club. Guests who want to spend some time in the lobby have the choices to pay a premium to sit there, or one of the 8 free chairs that are tugged in the very corner of the hotel. And this is still ok, except that they are now playing night club type music in broad day light. Sitting in my free chair, I could not tell it was 3 pm or 3 am. Unfortunately, I only had a bottle of water bought from a nearby convenient store that I could sip from. I was hoping to make a few business calls in the lobby while I waited for my ride to the airport, could not do that without having to explain to my clients why I was in a night club on a workday afternoon. Extremely disappointed!! Hard to believe that a large hotel such as this one needs to make a few extra bucks by sacrificing guests' comfort. Ironically, I didn't a line in front of this new lobby bar/night club. In fact, only saw 4 customers who's loving the idea.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Sharon T
Maria M, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Beijing, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Sharon T,

Warmest Greetings from JW Marriott Hotel Beijing!

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your valuable feedback with us at Trip Advisor.

First and foremost, I would like to extend my most sincere apologies to you for the challenge and the inconvenience caused. I would like to thank you for taking the time to contact us and it is invaluable that we receive feedback such as yours in order for us to monitor and continually improve our level of service. We are most apologetic for the inconvenience caused due to the audition at our Hotel Lobby on 22 July 2014 and not be able to offer you a better venue for your business calls.

Ms. Sharon T, your loyalty and patronage are greatly valued and I hope that this incident has not marred your overall JW Marriott Beijing experience. On behalf of our associates, I look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel soon.

Maria Ma