2,332 results
All reviews the executive lounge asia bistro cru steakhouse central place lobby restaurant business trip lounge staff recent stay the ritz breakfast buffet platinum member shopping mall main restaurant business traveler special thanks concierge desk subway station
Selected filters
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I stay at this location a few times a year. Service usually excellent from airport pickup at the gate to solicitous service. Facilities are great and connection to ritz Carlton expands choices. I hold events in conference rooms and restaurants and always feel happy with results. This trip had two flaws. I purchased two rooms, but the hotel would not extend my gold status privileges to the second room and made me pay for privileges. I also had a fedex package delivered to me an hour before leaving. I confirmed it arrived three days before. I had even asked twice if it had arrived. Needless to say, I needed it for business.

Date of stay: November 2011
Reviewed November 4, 2011

I was really impressed with the JW Marriott. I've stayed at Marriott / JW Marriott before however this hotel is one of the best.
Room / bathroom are really big and very clean. The breakfast has millions of choises of different cuisens. The hotel stuff is very polite and helpful.
Probably this is one of my shortest review but that’s because I don’t have much to say. Everything is AMAZING.

Date of stay: August 2011
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This hotel is very well maintained and has great service. I was in Beijing for work and was pleased to say that this hotel was really friendly to foreigners and had some excellent restaurants within hotel.

Because the clientele are highly varied, the breakfast buffet was terrific with several different choices of foods including quality Western as well as Asian food from different areas of the world. The food was also very consistent. Eating out is cheaper, but for the convenience and service and options, this buffet was great for me.

They also have a terrific, but a little pricey, Japanese restaurant in the hotel. I'm a vegetarian, and of course, because it's Asia, they have lots of varied veggie options available, and if it's not veggie, just ask.

My colleagues went to the steak house in the hotel too, and they said it was high quality.

Become a Marriott member to get free internet - it only takes a second, and you'll have free internet in any Marriott.

The location is also great for shopping and finding deals, but it's a little far from many attractions (as are all things in Beijing because of it's immensity and high traffic).

Nevertheless, enjoy because the rooms, service, and food are high quality!

Reviewed October 29, 2011

I have stayed at this property several times and each time is has be a pleasurable experience. The rooms are always clean, and all amenities work fine. There is free coffee in the room and the maker makes a surprisingly good cup. The internet is fine, though don't look for any social media sites. My IT friends say that there is a way to do it, but if they are blocking it, I'll play along. There is a subway stop about a block or two away and the Silk market is two stops. There is also a very nice mall outside the property. The gym and pool are fantastic and there are trainers there to help you. Free water and towel at each machine!! The executive lounge is beyond nice and there is fantastic selection of food and drink there. Have had many good meals on the property but just tried the nobu that is right at the property but not connected (can't charge to the room). Will always stay at this property when ever in Beijing.

Room tip: Go to the executive level if possible fantastic service.
Reviewed October 7, 2011

I just wrote a long review of my stay, only to click submit, have my VPN disconnect, and the review lost. Oh how I hate the great firewall of China…

My girlfriend and I just checked out of the hotel. We stayed here for 6 nights on a “staycation” – we live in a very Chinese area of Beijing and rather than go somewhere for October Holiday, we thought it would be fun to stay in a nice hotel in a different part of the city.

The JW Marriott was a perfect choice. Our hotel room was fantastic – I booked a very cheap rate and was expecting the worst room, however I was blown away by how nice the room was, something I soon learned was an important aspect of a staycation. Ample work room, remote control window shades, large tv, huge bathroom with a huge window looking into the bedroom (with remote control blinds again). Nice view onto Shin Kong Place. We had room service every day, which was extremely pricy (especially for Beijing standards) but always delicious.

Everyone was super friendly at the hotel. The only downside was that the concierge was just another hotel employee; they weren’t from nor do the intimately know the city of Beijing… I knew a lot more than them, but that’s probably because they are just hired to fill the position just like front desk (as is the way in China). We gave up trying to use them for research and instead if we needed to print directions out, we’d goto the concierge.

The Loong Bar was really nice as was Nobu, although that Nobu is like 7-10 times more expensive than any other Nobu I’ve been to in the world (it was also entirely empty every night we walked past it… it’s really just a great place to grab dessert).

The hotel is a little outside of the city and in a super posh area – don’t expect to be surrounded by rich Chinese culture here! It’s nothing but western establishments really… but that’s what we wanted on our staycation, so that was awesome. The subway is a 5 minute walk away though, so it’s easy to get anywhere in the city from there.

Overall we loved the property and it was everything we wanted. Would definitely stay there again, however if I wanted to be in the city center I wouldn’t choose this hotel.

Hope that sums up all of my thoughts that are lost thanks to China and the internet…. You’d think I’d be used to this by now! Thankfully Gmail auto-saves your drafts; I wish Tripadvisor did the same ;)

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple