$164
$106
  • Restaurant
New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
$235
$121
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $150/night.

Prime Hotel(Beijing)
$226
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
1,925 results
All reviewswedding suitedongsi subway stationfamily roomtraditional chinese furniturenarrow alleychinese experiencetraditional hotelforbidden citytaxi driverreal chinabeijing hutongmodern amenitiesdumplingssmall hotelloved this hotelspoke good englishfree internet
Reviewed September 16, 2017

Enjoyed a four night stay in mid-July at the Double Happiness with my wife and son. The location--in one of Beijing's best-preserved hutongs, and the interior hallways and rooms of the hotel, which transport you back to Imperial China, made for great memories (and photos!). All staff members were welcoming and friendly, fluent in English and full of good restaurant and entertainment suggestions. A plus plus

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2017

This was our second hotel in Beijing, we deliberately chose a Hutong hotel as we wanted to experience something a little more local.

The hotel is in a reasonable location, close to the subway. The area is busy but it was peaceful within the hotel.

Generally staff were helpful, but we did not feel they went out of their way to help with some of our requests. The room was large, and included a day bed. Cleanliness was fine.

We thought the breakfast spread was generous, although would have preferred perhaps less options and slightly higher quality.

Overall a decent hotel, but we would probably try a different hutong hotel next time.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2017

After booking, we received an email for a voucher to give the taxi driver at the airport that gave the taxi driver instructions and I believe an incentive to make sure that the taxi driver drives down the hutong alley to deliver you right to the hotel front door. We had this printed out and just handed this to the taxi driver at the airport and we were on our way. Once the Taxi driver stopped at the front door we were greeted by the friendly staff at the hotel.
The Hutong had a lot of construction and the front of the hotel was getting a face lift so the first impression of the outside was a little scary. There was a moment I said to myself, uh oh, what have I done? Stepping out of the Taxi and into the entryway I could hear the activity of a kitchen and dining area to my right just before I stepped into the lobby doors. The Lobby is a small narrow area with a front desk greeting me with a staff full of smiles and helpfulness. Upon arrival they were holding a package for me that had been delivered the day before. (My train tickets). They also gave me great information of things to do in the area and were able to assist in booking. I had already planned to see the Kung Fu show but I needed help acquiring tickets. They quickly contacted the Theatre and arranged tickets for me right then! The English at the front desk was great. A couple of days later the front desk was able to help us again with the theatre because we were running late and they called the theatre and were able to reschedule our show at a new booking time with no additional charge! They really go above and beyond with customer service.

As we left the lobby to walk toward our room, we walked through a couple of hallways that opened up to a courtyard. These hallways are constructed and decorated, as is the rest of the hotel in traditional Chinese theme. As we made our way through the hallways toward the courtyard it felt like stepping back 250 years in time into the history of the hotel. Any anxiety I was feeling about booking the property washed away as I traveled back in time. This is what I wanted and this is why I booked this hotel. I let the hotel immerse myself into an ancient Chinese culture. The room was decorated in Chinese Antiques to include a bed like we would see later in the Forbidden City. The bed being an antique is not expected to have the softness of a 5 Star modern day Hilton. It is an antique and is part of the experience of traveling back in time. There was a wooden antique door to the side of the room and much to my surprise and delight was a bathroom that married ancient Chinese theme with modern Western style bathroom accommodations. The toilet is a modern style western toilet.

The next morning we made our way to breakfast. The dining room is small but the perfect size for the size of this hotel. The breakfast selection was immense! There was a huge selection of conventional Asian style breakfast as well as American and European style breakfasts. There is something for everyone no matter where you come from. If you go right out of the hotel and follow the Alley way to the first main road, you will come to Dongsi. There are lots of great local food and shopping up and down Dongsi. If you turn left on Dongsi and walk to the next main road, you will see a WuMart on the corner and next to the WuMart is an entrance to the subway station. This station is a switching station for lines 5 and 6. For about 4 Yuan per person you can get to the major sites in the area. Line 5 can take you to Tiantandongmen which will put you right at the Temple of Heaven. Or you can take line 6 to Beihai North and walk a couple blocks north to Prince Gong’s palace. Or you can take line 5 to Dongdan and switch to line 1 to Tiananmen East and your at the forbidden city/Tiananmen Square/Museum/Mao Mausoleum. All of these are very convenient to get to using the subway and just minutes away from the hotel. We enjoyed all of the walking and using the subway system rather than using Taxi because we got to interact more with the locals and observe the details of their lives. Outside the hotel Lobby and major tourist areas, there is no English to be found. English can be sparse even in major tourist areas so I recommend getting a translate app for your phone. This made day to day interactions possible and fun! The Chinese people are friendly and are very helpful everywhere we went. There is a police presence everywhere. There is a police station midway down the alley of the hotel. I never felt threatened or in any danger even walking down the Hutong at night.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank midlifecrsis
Reviewed September 12, 2017

Super nice service in every possible way, great location (central but quiet), super nice rooms and inner yard. I also liked the breakfast a lot with so many different chinese foods! Highly recommended, was the best hotel during our trans siberia/trans Mongolia trip.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 11, 2017

This is a traditional double courtyard house that has been converted to a hotel, in the middle of the hutong district - narrow dusty streets, barely wide enough for two vehicles to pass. The rooms vary in size from small (our one) to slightly larger (which our friends had) but they contain traditional Chinese furniture, especially the beds, but are very cosy. The hotel has a really good bar, and a nice outdoor seating area in one of the courtyards for drinks in the afternoon sun. The breakfast buffet is a magnificent spread of Chinese and European food. We had a slight problem the first night - they had double-booked one of the three rooms we reserved, but found an alternative close by and drove our friend across and picked him up again in the morning. The staff were always extremely pleasant and helpful. All told - i cannot recommend this enough, and will certainly stay here next time.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled with friends