“Duck, duck..... Average”

Dadong Roast Duck (Nanxincang)
Ranked #15 of 12,741 Restaurants in Beijing
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Beijing Workers' Sports Complex
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Many will say try the duck but I would say otherwise. Upon sitting down at the table we we were overrun with questions and menus. We chose the duck and were not impressed. Dry, flavourless duck served with no style or flair. Dishwater soup and off-the-shelf sauces are all part of the average experience. If this was your first Beijing duck then at least you are starting towards the bottom.

There are newer reviews for Dadong Roast Duck (Nanxincang)

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Really busy need to book, it's full of local people so must be good, definately great food, great service, very friendly staff and the best duck ever.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Yes. I have return to this restaurant for their Peking Duck. I was not disappointed. I wish to say, the food quality is good and not cheap but worth the money spent.
Make sure you have a reservation, otherwise you will have a very long wait.
I have Beijing friends with me for dinner and all enjoyed the food there.
Do not be afraid to order many dishes, you can always have take away. The take away containers are proper good quality containers.

1  Thank adstone888
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The long wait was compensated by the best Peking duck anywhere in the world. My family went inside the kitchen to choose our own duck after paying extra price. That was fun, and the duck was yummy! Other dishes were just good. The restaurant has nice decoration and service as well. I returned to this restaurant again for a solo dinner since it was not easy for a traveller like me to find a decent eatery in Beijing. I will go back if I find myself in Beijing again.

Eating here made me temporarily forget the air pollution outside. People on the streets coughed loudly and spit everywhere. I would not like to visit the dirty Beijing again. But maybe I will not be able to resist the temptation to go there just for the Peking duck at Dadong.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We dined at Dadong Duck on a Thursday evening. Reservations were made earlier in the day for the duck. When we arrived, we were very surprised at the beautiful ambiance of the restaurant. The tables for two are very large which we like. Waitstaff was so willing to please. We had the duck, snow peas and fried rice, all of which was very good. The duck was very moist, not fatty, and just delicious. One can watch how the ducks are cooked which made it very interesting. I would definitely come back.