“Excellent Lunch at Aria”
Review of Aria

Aria
Ranked #541 of 12,715 Restaurants in Beijing
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Guomao
Description: Aria at China World Hotel, Beijing was named after the operatic song lyrics for the solo voice. The restaurant offers guests contemporary European cuisine that is complemented by an extensive wine selection and a stylish dining environment. Guests are invited to enjoy pre- and post-dinner drinks at the wine bar against the backdrop of live jazz band. Also, Aria is an ideal location for business and corporate functions. Awards Best 50 Restaurants in China,Food and Wine Magazine, 2013 The Best Recommended Restaurant of Wine List of the Year, Time Out Beijing, 2013 Top 10 Five-Star Luxury Bars in Beijing, 2013 Best Bar and Cafe, Best Restaurant in Beijing and Shanghai Tatler, 2013 The Beijinger Recommends, the Beijinger's 10th Annual Reader Restaurant Awards, 2013 Editor's Pick Best Wine Selection, the Beijinger's Reader Bar & Club Awards, 2013 Best Wine Selection Honorable Mention, Cityweekend 2013 Reader's Choice Dining and Nightlife Awards, 2013 Best of Award of Excellence, Wine Spectator Magazine, 2013 The Wine List of Excellency of the Year, Australia's Wine List of the Year Award Committee, 2013 One of Top 29 Signature dishes in Beijing (Best food pairing wine),2013
Beijing, China
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Lunch at Aria”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Aria restaurant provides excellent food and excellent service, lunch time is always full, especially known for its Business Lunch, the menu is rotate quite fast so you won’t get bored if you come here very often.

Service is amazing, all staff is very helpful and passionate, especially restaurant manager Jan always provides great service for us and he will always make sure that you will leave the restaurant happy and satisfied. Can’t wait for my next visit to Aria~

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank ROCK l

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Barcelona, Spain
“not best in city”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I ordered the lunch menu. Quality and price were OK. But not many food in my meal. I left the restaurant hungry.

Houston, Texas
“Good, but steaks dry & prices high”
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Aria restaurant in the China World Hotel boasts excellent service and a decent wine list. But the Wagyu steaks were very much an overpriced disappointment – quite dry, rather than moist and juicy as good beef should be. Plus, the pricing is astronomical. Not a place for a budget!

• Visited December 2011
London, United Kingdom
“disappointed”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

This is my 2nd fine dining experience in beijing over my business trip. (I also went to Maison Boulud)
Having dined in Gordon Ramsay's restaurants numerous times in London including Maze - where the chefs used to work at. I have to say I was disappointed. but maybe my expectation was too high from the reviews I have read elsewhere and the price they are charging.
Especially - 65rmb for a bottle of small water ~500ml! (which is now the most expensive bottle of water I've had per ml - coming first before the 80rmb for a 1l bottle of water at Stockholm) Most Michelin star restaurants in london charges 40rmb max?
For that reason, I decide not to give tips even though the service was OK and no 15% service charge was added on top as i've already paid it with the water.

To start, I had the seafood bisque was nice... the seafood was perfectly cooked but it's not really seafood bisque. It's seafood with tomato bisque. I've had better flavoured ones in a random bistro in london for half the price.
The main was so so.
For dessert, I was choosing between earl gray souffle and chocolate layered melting cake.
I am an amateur cook myself, I can make a souffle with ease. I'm sure the souffle will be nice but there's no surprise element. so I decided to went for the layered melting chocolate cake. It is certainly beautiful but average taste-wise.
The peanut caramel sauce was heavenly, I could drink the whole jug on its own (but i resisted myself from doing so :p ). The mousse cake is OK - it was covered with chocoloate and it was "melting" when the hot peanut carmel sauce was poured onto it. Inside was a layered cake with 3 different flavours - yogurt, custard? and chocolate.

I would recommend people to forget about fine dining in Beijing. It's not worth it.
your money will be much better spent elsewhere.
just save up the money and go for a foodie holiday in Europe :)

• Visited November 2011
Houston, Texas
“Great european restaurant”
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Fine dining at the China World hotel, impressive wine list. Food was excellent, so was the service. My only reserve is the pricey wine list, they should propose a few more choices below 500 Yuan and extend the menu as it is almost a steakhouse (the choice of Wagyu beef is huge)

Visited August 2011