“One of a kind and one is surrounded with creativity”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Green T. House

Green T. House
Ranked #10 of 49 Dessert in Beijing
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Tian'anmen / Wangfujing
Description: Authentically Chinese but in a way you never imagined. JinR is the artistic genius behind the brand, a true Beijinger, she created GREEN T. HOUSE in her vision of Chinese Contemporary T. Culture in 1997 and it has grown now to a multi-faceted lifestyle offering on the move internationally. A designer in her own right JinR is constantly commissioned for guest appearances and projects around the world. T. Cuisine and Tea were the beginnings. JinR basically was the orginator of "Modern Chinese" dining. Proud of her heritage she took Chinese cuisine to a new level with her recreations of traditional dishes and stunning presentations, still being our central experience, as she calls it "T.Spirit". Art and Retail grew in parallel as many of her friends were part of the modern local art boom and she herself designed her own unique lifestyle and homeware products for her space availabe as her own line. Leading artists continue to be exhibited in her space today and JinR's designer range is available online "GREEN T. HOUSE Living" space, a 15,000sqm complex of dining, tea, events, gardens, concerts, art and culture is a Contemporary Chinese architectural marvel. The space is one of a kind.
Munich, Germany
“One of a kind and one is surrounded with creativity”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Friends recommended the Green Tea House and we had no clue why such high interest. My wife and I found why and had a wonderful visit. Despite living close we were taken by surprise finding it and navigating the unique character of this place. It began with not finding the entrance. Despite the number of signs along the way you must travel in twos to get it figured out. We were on bicycles and my wife rode right by the big white sign at the entrance which is shared by art shops. (I drove by the sign making the turn.)

Once you are there you only see a white wall but you can figure it out! Everything at the Green T. House is an experience. From the way the bottles of wine are stored, the restroom area, food delivery and especially the presentation of the tea.

If you are near Jing Mi Lui past the fifth ring or S11 (G45) it is not far to find it. If you are headed west past the Orchard Green T. is 150m past and to the north. If you have time it will make you smile!

• Visited February 2013

D.C.
“My top 10 in the world!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

One of the most unique dining experiences in the world! Now in my "top 10". When in Beijing, you must go here ! Incredible atmosphere, decor, food presentation. Awesome!!!!

• Visited January 2013
bavaria
“good food, interesting decor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

we came for a large banquet (took over the whole restaurant), so perhaps that influenced the food being so great. However the other reviews on Tripadvisor give me the impression that the food is consistently good. Sorry I can't make recommendations on specific dishes since they were preselected. Nevertheless, we had something like 10 courses and everything was quite good and artfully presented. I'm a snob about Asian and fusion-Asian food,so this means something!

There is a bit of an outside bar area, which was nice for aperitif. We noticed some of the decor was bizarre sculptures, but luckily we hadn't eaten in that area.

• Visited May 2012
Guangzhou, China
“An Incredible Evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

I went to the restaurant with my boyfriend and our parents and we all thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The restaurant is totally modern and provides a great talking point. The food itself was presented in such fascinating ways. Be careful that some of the food is very spicy so if you are not a spice lover I would check what you order. Of course the atmosphere and surroundings come at a cost but as a one off visit (we were just visiting Beijing for a few days) it will be a visit we won't forget.

• Visited September 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Design is almost everything...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

My Fiancee booked here without me knowing for the anniversary dinner while we visiting Beijing. The place is very exclusive, Situated in Workers Stadium area (near San Li Tun), surrounded by a few big clubs, Green Tea House's door is closed all the time, you need to ring the bell to let people inside know that you are here.

You would say "wow" when you step inside, it's not a huge place, however give you that kinda of feeling.- high ceiling, and like a artist studio. We sat around the longest table ever, with a couple of seats in between dinners (it's apparently flexible to move around). The light was dim, and the waiters were very attentive. Interesting menu, all the dishes have beautiful names. We spent quite some time to decide what to eat. :-) Two entrees were huge size and very tasty. For mains, I had lamb, he had venison. And chocolate platter and brownie for dessert.

To be honest, I do like the design of the dishes, etc. but I feel some of them were a bit overdone, the decoration made it hard to eat. In terms of the flavor, I believe there was room for improvement.

But overall, we had great time, It was a nice experience, due to quite high price, not so many diners around, hence quiet and seclusive atmosphere for you to enjoy the conversation if that's what you are after, at least for once.

• Visited August 2012